Shooting with The Sign Guy (The Official Campaign Thread of The Sign Guy)

Discussion in 'ABC Party' started by TSG, Dec 5, 2011.

1. TSG

TSG Too Sweet To Be Sour

In preparation in running for candidacy in the inaugural WrestleZone Election, I have many plans, goals, and ideals that I would like to use to make my section and the forums as a whole a better place. I'll start this off by re-posting my introduction in the ABC party thread, as many of you re probably asking why you should vote for me. I'll explain why below.

If there are any questions you have for me, whether it be what other ways I can help this forum, what are some of my plans or goals in deeper detail, or whatever. If you want to debate me or engage in conversation about my party, my goals, or anything pertaining to the election in general, feel free. Remember, I promise to stay straight-forward with my answers, and I won't resort to mudslinging. Anything you want to know, I will answer. Anything to want to debate or converse over, I will do. Nothing pertaining to the election is off limits, so fire away. And I hope to prove why I am the best candidate.

2. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

I'm not reading that. I'm sure several members of your party share my views on this matter. Can you be as concise as possible please?

3. Uncle Phatso

Uncle Phatso Mid-Card Championship Winner

Ok I have a question, I personally don't see you in the music threads that much. What sections do you post in? I know I post topics on Rock and Metal, I also try to post in as many threads as I can.

But as a regular music poster, I would like to know what makes you qualified to be a music moderator. What is your poision? Rap, Blues, eletronic, Country, Metal, Rock, Progressive, or orchestral?

How do you plan on driving discussion? More threads need to be focused on more than just Genre. Maybe start record label topics, on who signed who?

Will you skip topics that aren't to your intrests, or try and read up or listen to new music to get a taste for what others like.

Would you work with SSC and others to create a new music tournie? I love the Music ones.

More questions to come.

4. Coco

I remember our last music tourny. Hard-deleted from the board because it was such an utter failure. I'm not sure anyone can generate enough interest in the section to produce better in the future. They can pretend they can, sure. But make-believe isn't the David French Party's strong suit.

5. Uncle Phatso

Uncle Phatso Mid-Card Championship Winner

I'm sure with enough work into it they can, I'm not going to lie it was a bust. But really, 128 people in 5 sections was a bit much. I feel like another band contest could generate a good showing. It's just like the Wrestling one we hold every year. The first one was successful, I believe with the right people it can be a good draw.

6. Coco

Because IC25 wasn't once one of the biggest try hards in all the land? How much extra work do you think there is to be done?

7. TSG

TSG Too Sweet To Be Sour

It's true, I am not there as often. But usually I am not there due to lack of any interesting discussion. The only consistent discussion is the "What song are you listening to" thread, which isn't exactly the best to me. I will visit a variety of threads when I am there though,and since music is one of the things that interests me in my life, I view it as a section I'd enjoy running and could help.

I can listen to just about anything. I grew up on country, but then eveolved into a broader range including hip-hop/rap, modern and classic rock, and metal. I'm not much into death metal (never will be), electronic (although I can listen to it, or classic/orchestral. But I can discuss just about any type of music and find different topics on it to discuss.

The first thing I would do is create a few different threads that have lasting value that could get discussion going. Then, advertise. Sigs, welcoming new posters to WZ and telling them to drop by the section, maybe a music section newsletter in the spam sections, etc. Once we get stuff going, that's where the real fun begins.

I would try to get some different series going on music. I would occasionally poll the regulars of the section to see what they want threads/series on, see what they'd like to see in the sections. Different stuff like that to see what the regulars want, so that when series/threads are created, or a tourney/contest in started, there will be interest in them and discussion will be driven better.

Like I said, I listen to just about anything. And I am always open to new music. Suggest it, I'll try it.

This is one of the main things I think of when it comes to the music section. They are really fun and open up so many possibilities and discussion. And especially since the last one didn't go well, I feel that the music section deserves a proper one soon. it's something I'd love to organize. I also have some other ideas, like a user-voted list of the greatest songs of all time, which I tried to organize before but couldn't get set up due to lack of power. It's ideas and events like these that I really want to implement and I think they could really bring life to the music section.

Keep them coming.

8. TSG

TSG Too Sweet To Be Sour

Double Post.

9. Coco

If you think the guy who wins this is going to do so by ducking questions that don't come from those in his party, you're sorely mistaken.

10. TSG

TSG Too Sweet To Be Sour

I'm confused here. Are you insinuating I am ducking questions, because I thought I answered Phatso's pretty straight-forward.

11. The Crock

The Crock WOO!

Do you think you stand a chance at winning?

12. Coco

When you come at the king, you better not miss.

When you come at Sign Guy, you can miss all day and face no real consequences.

13. TSG

TSG Too Sweet To Be Sour

I think I do if people start taking notice of me. That's my main objective at this point. I have enough passion to run a section, and my ideas are solid, but it just depends on whether people take notice of me or not. This is why I am on the campaign trail, and have a thread for it. I am just hoping that it draws more attention, so people recognize me and my goals/ideas when it comes voting time.

14. The Crock

The Crock WOO!

What about right now?

15. TSG

TSG Too Sweet To Be Sour

All I see is a bunch of empty text that means nothing in the long run. You can keep throwing your little jabs all you want, and make vague references to how your party is different, but until you actually back it up like actual context and meaning, it all has no impact in the long run. I'm sure you have good intentions if you make moderator, but it seems your more concerned with insulting people and throwing them under the bus then actually presenting your ideas.

16. Coco

I'm not sure you understand how politics work.

17. TSG

TSG Too Sweet To Be Sour

I think I can win no matter what. I believe I am qualified and have all the right intentions as a moderator, have great ideas, and I am willing to implement them and help better whatever section I land in. I need people to take notice of me in the long run to actually win, but I know I stand a chance at winning.

18. The Crock

The Crock WOO!

Fair enough, fair enough. Convince me as to why you're better than habs or Killjoy or whomever.

19. TSG

TSG Too Sweet To Be Sour

Just because that's how they work doesn't mean that's how they should work. Just because you have the general idea of how it works down, doesn't mean that makes you the best choice in this thing. What would make you the best choice is telling me exactly how you plan to better the forums with feasible ideas. Not a bunch of vague allusions to how you're what the Spam sections need, without actually elaborating on why. Bullshitting doesn't make you a good candidate; it makes you a good bullshitter.

20. Coco

That's nice. I really think that's nice.

Well I would be more than willing to reveal my entire national security plan, but terrorists have the internet too. Soo... Naaaah!

21. TSG

TSG Too Sweet To Be Sour

It's not so much why I am better, more than why am I a good choice. I can't say I am better than HHF or Killjoy, because we all have our own forte we are more knowledgeable at than the other, and we all equally have the skills, ideals, and ideas to be a moderator.

But I can tell you why I am a good choice. I would be a good choice because I am knowledgeable on a wide variety of subjects. I watch TNA and WWE wrestling, I listen to and write music as a passion, I love watching sports, I try to keep up on current events, I have fantasy booked before and have one planned at the moment. I have knowledge and/or participate in the wide variety of subjects we have here, so not only do I feel I can moderate anywhere at first, but I can expand past that.

I have been here for two years, and through that I have had my ups and downs, horribly sucked and impressed people, made right decisions, made mistakes, and more. The point: I have a good grasp on how things work around here. I have seen my fair share of horrible posters, amazing posts, good ideas, bad ideas, great moderators, and so forth. I know what it takes to run thing around here and I am qualified for it.

Next, I genuinely care about these forums. I believe they are the best on the web. I spend so much time here, and I like this place to be entertaining and as fun as possible. That being said, there aare many sections around here that are dead, or at the very least don't get a lot of traffic. And even ones that get visited frequently like the WWE section don't always support interesting or exciting discussion. That's why I have so many ideas and goals I would like to implement to improve these forums. Things like rankings for posters to drive them to post more quality, more tournaments and thread series's to get posters more involved and drive discussion more often, and user polls to gauge what the users are interested in and would like to see. I like to think outside the box: I want to make things more interactive, fun, and drive more discussion. And when you look at these ideas thoroughly, I'm sure you'll find that they are solid ideas that can only help the forums. I'm not interested in vague talk about how a section needs me, or empty talk about how I can help the forums. I actually want to tell and show you my ideas, and give you a feel for how I want to and can improve these forums.

22. Coco

You say you're knowledgeable. On the other hand, you thought Cena wouldn't get booed out of the building at MITB this year. So...

23. TSG

TSG Too Sweet To Be Sour

And here we go again, avoiding multiple parts of my post instead of answering them straight forward and telling me how you want to help these forums. It's nothing personal, believe me, but cheap humor, and ducking questions (the same thing you accused me of, which I am clearly not doing) isn't getting you any standing. You aren't telling us anything; just brainwashing members of your own party with allusions and vague statements that mean nothing in context.

Honestly, you're not so much running a political party so much as a cult, and we know how well that works. Ask David Koresh.

[​IMG]

24. The Crock

The Crock WOO!

If these are your ideas, then I'm very worried.

Rankings are an okay idea, but that's been around before and not really had a huge impact. Tournaments are fun, but you'd be way in over your head trying to run one. Now, your point about creating a new thread series or whatever is horrid. A thread series will only dilute what little discussion those sections have, they are easily the worst thing done on this forum. Easily. Have you ever seen people go out and talk about how great a thread series is? Nope, doubt you will. Some are done decently, but they always get old and tired. It's a cheap way of trying to promote discussion that just won't work.

EDIT: Just realized you said you like to think outside of the box. Lulz, these are all someone else's ideas, this certainly isn't outside the box.

25. TSG

TSG Too Sweet To Be Sour

Actually, I'm the one of the ones who said he would. But, it's all semantics, of course.