Shawn Michaels: Overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of Garbage

Opinions are like that.

Listening 2 U all Defend HBK.... The Truth is It is his fault 4 the ratings drop in 96... Doesnt matter what another company is doing... If your top star sucks then the COMPANY Sucks.....

So if I were to understand you, it's 1 man's fault if rating's drop in a company? This is what you are going with? Okay let me ask you this, an example of something I can compare it to: If the Miami Heat lost to the Boston Celtics, would it be LeBron James's fault? I hope you said no. So let this question pass you in a similar way..

If WWE's ratings drop to WCW, would it be HBK's fault? Yes, he is the top performer, but he isn't the entire company. Shawn Michaels was a victim to circumstance; WCW had bought out most of WWE's big stars at the time. You could be Steve Austin of your company, but if you don't have anybody in the back to support your character, then you're going to look like shit.

If it wasnt for SCSA the company would of stayed Mid Card staute.. because u had a Mid Card star pushed 2 be the Top Star.. Cause Hoagn took his crew and went 2 greener pastures....

I'll reinerate what I said about having an SCSA on your show. If you don't have anyone on your show that can present a threat to your champion, then people aren't going to buy it. You will draw nothing. Shawn Michaels barely scraped away with feuds with Vader, Bulldog, and Psycho Sid. Austin had a SLEW of talented and promising athletes to contend with, including The Heartbreak Kid. It's not fair to say one man kept a program from going under.

This pisses me off when i read threads like this... because everyone is so quick 2 blame Hogan for the current state of TNA... But U r defending HBK for the condition of WWF at that time...

Don't recall anyone mentioning Hogan/TNA in this thread, but I could have overlooked it. Either way suck it up; Comparing Hogan and Michaels right now is like comparing Tyson with Ali. Yeah that looks good on paper but Tyson is up there with age and have you seen Ali lately?

HBK Sucks.... Period... He only got his chance cause the Golden Goose (Hogan) and his Crew Left!! HBK had nuthing to do with WWE Sucess... He just hid under the dress and went for the ride of top starts like Hulk Hogan and then SCSA and the Rock... And clamed he was a ICON.... Yawn... BACK it up is all I am saying!!!

How old are you? Just by judging your last statement, I would imagine you weren't around to see Michaels start something that was unprecedented in professional wrestling. With all the muscle heads and big boys in the locker room, we had a small, scrawny guy winning championships and flying around the ring when it was practically unheard of outside Mexico. I'd give him just a little bit more credit man.

Wrestling Skills ...Whatever... Name a Time he has ever Sold out and been on top with the likes of Hulk Hogan or SCSA.. then I will agree... Until Then... All u have proven to me is that U are pushing guys 4 their so called wrestling ability that doesnt produce the main Money resorce!!....

Sold out? :icon_neutral: I'll overlook that, since when I use a phrase like that it generally is implied negatively. I thought Michaels had shown us that he is one of the best modern wrestlers in recent memory. Of course I don't put him above Hogan or Austin, they had wrestling by storm when there was creative storyline flowing. Sadly Michaels wasn't much a part of creative writing, but I think he made something of himself. His time with Degeneration X, his bouts with guys like Bret Hart and your man Austin, hell last time he stepped foot in the ring he was only making history in perhaps one of the best Wrestlemania matches in a long time. You're selling him short friend.

HBK..Bret Hart... Charity Cases.. who were lucky to just be in the right place at the right time... enough Said!!!

Wrestling has always been "right place, right time" so that's an irrelevant discussion. I'm sure you'd probably say the same thing about John Cena, and guess what? You'd be right to say he was lucky for being in the right place, because they all were, even Austin. Especially Hulk Hogan.

Just curious...for the people that say Shawn Michaels is overrated, who would you rank above him?

This should be interesting.

The OP is right in parts but mostly wrong. If you are saying that HBK is your favorite wrestler and if you are trying to prove that he is better than Chris Jericho by saying that Jericho is a shit draw then you are doing a stupid thing. Both guys have been shit draws. So they are even on that point.

As far as mic skills go HBK is Jericho's equal but obviously Jericho will be the one getting more love because of his promos as a heel. You can actually say that HBK is better than Jericho because HBK has cut fabulous promos both as a heel and as a face while most of Jericho's work as a face has been substandard. As a face, he has mostly been a midcarder apart from a failed main event run against Orton.

Even in the ring, HBK is better than Chris. Chris was very stiff and botched quite a lot in the early part of his WWF career. I think that he truly settled down into the WWE style after his feud with Shawn in 2003. HBK has delivered better performances and mostly at a higher level than Jericho throughout his career. HBK is also very good at carrying bad wrestlers to a good match which is a trait that I feel Jericho does not have.

The only case that you can maybe make for Jericho where in ring work is concerned is that HBK as been in far more high profile matches than Jericho thereby stating that he has had the management on his side more than Jericho. But then most would agree that he has earned that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back