Shauna Baszler > Ronda Rousey

timmy872

Pre-Show Stalwart
I have been thinking and observing what is being presented on RAW and NXT and I have to be honest that I am impressed with Ronda as a transitional athlete. But he move set is punches, pumphandle suplex, fireman’s carry bomb, hip toss and her arm bar; I don’t know if the intention is to present her that way but to me it’s disappointing to be honest.
Shayna is amazing, she has legit bad ass presence and can make anyone look good as well as herself. I feel like their spots should have been reversed. Ronda is great but I remember when she was first talking with a Stephanie and Hunter in the ring at her contract signing and she specifically said she doesnt want any special treatment. But we have just had her first match in Raw?
You could argue the case she is a female Brock Lesnar but she just does not have the ‘wwe’ legitimacey like Brock. The way WWE operates is inside it’s own bubble. Brock proved himself left did UFC then came back to that he have a legitimate bad ass clout. Rousey does of course everyone knows her name but she is unfamiliar in the WWE bubble. I don’t know I just don’t think you have have your cake and eat it to in this situation.
I digress I mainly wanted to advocate that Shayna is a better all rounder than Ronda who I guess is the draw in this situation.

Thoughts?

Ronda is on RAW almost every week.. You can't say she's the female Brock, that would just make you look stupid.. Brock shows up once every 3 months. He barely shows up to hype up his match anymore... Ronda shouldn't wrestle on RAW every week, she's a special attraction.. She still feels like a big deal and they've done a great job at booking Ronda Rousey.

Here my Problem with Shayna, While she a great heel and know how to play her character, For a woman's that's has previous wrestling experience, she really need more practice in the ring because their a lot of holes in her game right now. Ronda on the under hand, has pick this up pretty easily to my surprise. They protected her pretty well and they knew how to market her character. She the tough UFC Bitch that can beat you in second if you're not careful. So they played to her strength and she hasn't had a bad match since she started.

If i had a comparison to make for both of them, Ronda is ken shamrock and Shayna is Dan Severn. Ronda is just like ken because both came in with little to no experience when they started pro wrestling but they knew what their characters were and played them well.

Shayna is kinda like dan mostly because just like him, she a tough no nonsense heel but really but really has problem learning how to bump properly and make those maneuver believable without hurting somebody.

So basicly, i think they're potential with both girls at this time but that fact is that Ronda is on a different level then Shayna at this moment, her matches feel more believable then shayna and that's the most important in my opinion. Shayna is a great heel but still need either more in ring training or better booking to hide some of her difficulties in the ring, she got the character part but like Bruce prichard love to say ''Then the bell ring''.

Shayna is definitely over Ronda for me. She may not be a ring technician but has been improving leaps and bounds and as a heel, she has played it perfect over the past year way more so than Ronda playing a babyface. I think Shayna needs to cause some waves and this all women's PPV coming up.

First, I'm a fan of both but to say that Ronda and Shayna's spots should be reversed is wrong. If it wasn't for Ronda there is a very highly likely chance we'd never hear of Shayna outside of MMA. Ronda is a former and first EVER UFC female Champ who majority of mainstream knows. That's not a knock on Shayna because she is a former UFC fighter and has transitioned into a great heel champion. She is a bully but backs it up unlike majority of heels on main roster who usually need to cheat to win. She is better promo wise but some of it is out of ring to give it more personality. Shayna will be called up I'm sure within the next year and probably paired in some way with Ronda.

Now to why Ronda deserves the top spot. Besides being a former UFC Champion, and known mainstream, she is known to sell. She might not be up to Shayna yet in promo, overall wrestling is close, but I dig Ronda's intensity when she brings it. Ronda is the leader of the MMA 4 Horsewoman and doesn't need any introduction to the Universe.

You don't debut Ric Flair on Nxt but Arn Anderson you do. If done correctly I think a stable between Ronda and Charlotte could be pretty entertaining.

BTW... Wrestlingmasters55 Ken Shamrock trained as a pro wrestler in 1988 and did some pro wrestling before his UFC and WWF days. So not sure how you can compare the two pairs.

I like them both but I definitely disagree with the notion their roles should be reversed.

There was women's MMA before they was Ronda Rousey just like there was rock n' roll before there was Elvis Presley but just as Elvis did with rock n' roll, Ronda Rousey made women's MMA mainstream. Ronda Rousey came along at the right time with the right skill set, the right promotion and, quite frankly, the right look. It was important that Rousey had the ability, which she did as she was an Olympic bronze medalist during the 2008 Summer Olympics as a well as a number of gold, silver and bronze medals in judo in prestigious tournaments throughout the 2000s before getting into MMA. However, her looks did help and there's no denying that when it comes to her mainstream appeal; I mean, let's face it, she's hot and that's something that can only be a positive. Even though she was hot, you couldn't just simply write her off as a fighter because of her history and because she just kept winning in MMA and winning in a dominant fashion much of the time.

Shayna Baszler is a tough gal but she's not got the mainstream quality of Rousey. Shayna's 38 years old, she has an MMA record of 15-11 and she looks like some butch tomboy. It's nt to say she couldn't have success on the main roster, but she'll almost always play second fiddle to Rousey because, frankly, Rousey is a much bigger draw than Baszler ever has been and probably ever will be. Rousey is a pop culture phenom who's succeeded in everything she's done while Baszler is a modestly successful former MMA fighter who turned to pro wrestling partially because she was getting older and saw that she'd gone as far as she was going as an MMA fighter.

Could Rousey have benefitted from NXT? Sure, no question but WWE wanted to capitalize on her and the only real way to do what was to put her on the main roster. Baszler is miles ahead of Rousey in terms of promo ability and character development, there's no real way to argue that because Rousey has floundered on the mic thus far, at least for the most part. I don't know if it's because she' just not that great of a talker or if it's because of the restricted nature of main roster promos, I'm leaning more towards the latter because there have been a few times where Rousey has let the intensity flow and she's come off much better as it seems like she's using her own words.

Can't really add much that hasn't already been said. I too disagree that Baszler should be above Rousey.

Rousey like JH said is a former UFC champ, she is a Olympic medalist and Hollywood came calling. I can't remember how many movies she's done but I think it's more than Baszler. She has the mainstream crossover appeal that Baszler is missing.

Not saying that Rousey is better on the mic or in the ring, but she has the name recognition that is so important to McMahon. Now if Baszler keeps going the way she is right now she might surpass Rousey in the WWE, but that remains to be seen as so whether the WWE will let that happen.

Baszler is in a perfect spot where she is right now. Let her develop more of a personality. For me anyway that's where she is lacking.

Over the last several days, there've been rumors that Shayna Baszler is heading to the main roster pretty soon. The rumored reason is that WWE is planning to do a big Survivor Series elimination tag team match in November featuring the Four Horsewomen of WWE vs. the Four Horsewomen of MMA.

The Four Horsewomen of WWE, as they're unofficially called sometimes in wrestling circles, are Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Bayley and Sasha Banks while the MMA Horsewomen are Ronda Rousey, Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir. Jessamyn Duke had an uneventful MMA career with a disappointing win/loss record of 3-5-1 but there are reports that she's really, really, really picked things up quickly in the Performance Center and that her transition has gone smoother and more faster than Rousey or Baszler to the point where some call her a "prodigy." I don't know much about Marina Shafir other than she was another failed MMA fighter with a record of 1-2 and is from Moldova. When you get right down to it, aside from Ronda Rousey, all three of these women had pretty lame MMA careers with Baszler having the 2nd best with a record of 15-11.

Shayna Baszler dropped the NXT Women's Championship to Kairi Sane last night at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV, so there may be some truth to her heading up.

Hmmm! That's very interesting. This idea of a women's MMA stable has been circulating for some time, so it's not strange to me that they might be pulling the trigger on Baszler. Honestly, I thought it was mighty strange of them to take the women's championship from her at NXT Brooklyn last night but this might be the reason.

With Rousey and Baszler, they at least have a couple of names that the can trust. I don't get why they'd be so desperate to put two rookies in the match against the horse women though? They tend to keep people in development way longer than they should, for the most part. They must be really desperate for this match to happen if they're propelling two rookies through it to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back