Second Round: Seattle - Roddy Piper vs. Vader

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Roddy Piper

• Vader

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round matchup in the Seattle Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated. Assume one week has passed since the first match.

seattle-key-arena.jpg

Roddy Piper

wwf_costumes_11.jpg

Vs.

Vader

leonwhite.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

While Roddy Piper's influence in the business, his firm wrestling abilities, his numerous titles and the mere fact that Roddy Piper is a legend in this business like few others if you ask me.

The arguments that has been made prior to this match for Vader, and the sheer fact that Vader would probably be unstoppable against Roddy Piper, leaves me no choice but to vote for Vader, simply because it wouldn't make sense to vote for Roddy, he simply couldn't pull off this victory unless it was a gimmick match where he has the allowed access to weapons.

Vader it is.

Roddy Piper has no chance here. While Piper won a number of prestigious titles over his career, Piper's greatest influence overall, in my view, has been as an overall heel and his ability on the mic. I don't think I'd ever categorize him as a truly significant force inside the ring.

In his prime, Vader was an absolute monster. He outweighs Piper by more than 200 pounds, is vastly stronger than Piper, was just plain stiff as shit and everything he did was designed to take you out. It wouldn't surprise me if Piper goes out in less than 5 minutes here. Vader is simply too big, too strong and too tough.

Roddy piper is known for winning matches hes not supposed to. he beat jack brisco and ric flair in the 80s not many ppl can say that theyve done that. most matches that piper wins he gets his ass kicked the whole time and pulls it out in the end for that reason he beats vader after 15 minutes of trying to get his offense in he jumps on vaders back and hits the sleeper hold

Roddy piper is known for winning matches hes not supposed to. he beat jack brisco and ric flair in the 80s not many ppl can say that theyve done that. most matches that piper wins he gets his ass kicked the whole time and pulls it out in the end for that reason he beats vader after 15 minutes of trying to get his offense in he jumps on vaders back and hits the sleeper hold

So you think a sleeper hold is going to put Vader away who has been hit with far worse and still come back and won matches? Do you know what's going to happen to Piper while he is trying to get his offense in for 15 minutes? Vader may decimate him and beat him in ten minutes. I don't see how Piper's offense is going to slow down Vader because when Vader is on a roll, not too many people are going to stop him. A guy who has beaten Inoki, Flair, and Sting wouldn't have a problem beating Piper.

Vader is possibly the toughest man to enter a ring. Full Stop. The man pushed HIS EYE back into it's socket after it popped out during a match with Stan Hansen. It will take a lot more than a sleeper to keep the big man down. Vader is big, he's powerful and he's a monster. Taht's where Piper has problems. If Piper could never beat Hogan then what chance does he have against a man who took out Sting, Antonio Inoki, Cactus Jack etc...NONE. Piper may have influence on the industry but that won't stop Vader from taking him out.

VOTE VADER

I am going with Vader as well like people said above Roddy is a legend and won numoros titles. He is no match for Vader sure it will be a good hard fought match but in the end Vader size would come into play and stop the hot rod in his tracks.

As tough as Piper is, Vader's bigger and as tough as Piper. It would be a brawl, and that would be the demise of Piper. Vader's too big to toy with and Piper would get drilled with one of many stiff shots from Vader and a Vader Bomb will end it for the Kilted Scotsman.

Vader TIME!

This is simple, really. Vader takes it easily. "Hot Rod" will no doubt harass Vader for a good while in this match. But eventually, Vader will connect with one of his trademark brutal punches, and Piper will be easy pickings. Vader Bomb in what could be a pretty simple, short match.

Now let Vader move on to the next round...I wanna see how he matches up with Stan Hansen. Could prove to be the most physical, devastating matchup in the Tournament.

Pipe is very smart and tough, but he doesn't have as much a power as Big Vader. Piper will give him a hell of a match, but at last Vader will over power Piper. So Vader hits Piper with the Vader bomb and he gets the 1,2,3 winner Vader.

Vote Vader.

I'm not sure that these two would mesh very well at all in a real match. Piper's style is brawl orientated, obviously, but I just don't see it being very good against a man of Vader's stature. I'm voting Vader because I can't imagine Piper putting him away with anything in his arsenal, but if this were a real match, I imagine it would end in a double DQ, as neither of them were exactly the proud purveyors of keeping it clean.

Piper is a brawler, but Vader is a much better brawler. Piper is strong, but Vader is stronger. Piper is agile, but so is Vader.

It just seems that no matter what way you look at it, Vader's got the edge. So I'm voting for him.

Not a big Piper guy at all. Maybe it's the annoying accent or the fact that he looks like someone that I can't exaclty put my finger on, which is really annoying. Or maybe because he was rather dull in the ring.

Vader would probably eat him alive. With the fatness as well as the ability to fly around, Piper would be in for a world of hurt. Personally, I'd be most scared of the dirty whiskers.

Piper is a legend who entertained millions with his gift of gab and crazy nature, but I'm being a realist. Vader is just too damn big and violent. Piper was a brawler as well, but I don't think he would have a chance against the Mastodon, and I don't think it would be a pretty site. Unfortunately I would go as far as to say this would be a glorified squash match.

Vader takes it after brutalizing Piper for less then 10 minutes, leaving Piper in a pool of blood. That's how I see it.

Then Vader moves on to take on Stan Hansen in a match that will most certainly destroy whatever city it is in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back