Santino = the Eugene of this generation?

well im not a grammar snob and I dont plan on becoming one, and I would say its a new generation since this is the PG era after all, Eugene was with Christy Hemme that one time but i dont remember that well, and I would like you to name 5 more comedy-jobbers just to back up your previous comment

1. Doink the Clown
2. Sexual Chocolate Mark Henry
3. Mae Young
4. Pat Patterson/Gerald Brisco
5. Blue Meanie
6. The Oddities
7. Gillberg
8. The Boogeyman
9. Beaver Cleavage
10. Funaki

Should I go on?

And proper sentence structure is just a better way to get your point across...as opposed to one massive run-on sentence.

The difference was clear from the moment Santino debuted, he won the IC title in his first match... he was ALWAYS going to be a mid card player... but they found a "goofiness" they could play off in developmental and ran with it... Santino is funny as hell, WWE was even trying to get his own sitcom off the ground... but he rarely jobs, I went to the house show in Birmingham, UK this Saturday and his team won... Bourne got the pin but Santino was pushed as the main attraction of the match...

I felt sorry for Nick Dinsmore, he deserved better as a gimmick but he made it work better than anyone ever could... but he was always on a hiding to nothing with it cos of the inherent controversy.... Tony Carelli has a great gimmick that will be in demand for a long time in WWE or WE or whatever it becomes... a guilty pleasure... nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who ever marked out when Flash Funk or The Bushwhackers will get where I am coming from...

They're both comedy jobbers but Santino is a much better character in just about every way. It's not as one dimensional, it's pulled off better, and because he's pretty good in the ring, if they want to make him a threat to anyone, it's believable.

I think it takes one hell of a great performer to do what Santino does. The comedy jobber is like an offensive lineman. His job doesn't get as much press as the QB, it's not as praised, it's not as studied, no one dreams of growing up to be like that, and it's underrated by pretty much everyone.
He definately is just that, a comedy jobber. Hes not going anywhere wih his career just like Eugene and they both have some unique accomplishments under their belts (tag titles, Milan Miracle, winning kurt's gold medals). I dont think theres anyone better on the roster to replace him. With his attire and his size I think its hard for fans to take him seriously as a competitor, which makes him the perfect candidate for the comedy jobber role.
If by that you mean material fake accomplishments like winning a world title, probably not. However, if by accomplishments you mean a raise for the actual person and a steady paycheck, then you're wrong. I've said this before, but if you told me "you can be Daniel Bryan or Santino" I'd feel more comfortable with my job if I were Santino. He's not as expendable, and this is coming from a guy who's driven 13 hours round trip to see Bryan Danielson in ROH.

Santino is amazing at his job, maybe the best comedy jobber of all time because he's so versitile and cracks me up pretty much every time. It's ridiculous how good he is at his job. Considering most guys would scoff at the character, do a shitty job, bitch about not being "used properly". Santino can GO in the ring. He's good, some might say he's being under-utilized, but if your show doesnt' have variety, it's pretty boring. Not everyone can be a badass.

I would have to agree that saying Santino or characters like him aren't "going anywhere" is grossly missing the point.

Let's not forget that wrestlers are first and foremost people who want to make a living and get paid. Take someone like Kane. Even if you take away his 2 short runs as champion, would his career be a failure? Then man got rich because he had a steady paying job for 15+ years.

Did they put Santino in a dead-end position? Hardly. He comes from a mixed martial arts background. Had they tried to push him that way and put a serious edge to him, THEN he would be in a dead-end position, because with his looks and personality he wouldn't get very far. The WWE has plenty of badasses that look the part much more than he does. In Santino's case it's more accurate to say that they found the right niche for him.

If a "comedy jobber" has staying power, which Santino does unlike Eugene, he can have a long, successful and respected career. Everyone is expecting heads to roll soon in the WWE talent roster. Santino is one of the guys who doesn't need to lose any sleep over it. He is a well established part of the show and will probably continue in that capacity for a long time. A failure that's not going anywhere is something else.

No, I don't think they are equal. They're clearly not equal as one is still employed and the other was deadended before he even appeared on TV.
Their gimmicks are not equal either. Being mentally challenged is no joke. Being the steroetypical Italian guy pretty much is.

I definitely would not compare him with Eugene. Eugenes character was only interesting for a couple storylines, and that pretty much determined his longevity. I used to hear that Nick Dinsmore was a really good wrestler, almost like he studied Dynamite Kid and others. I would have rather seen that type of wrestler who might still be around today if he could utilize his wrestling skills because not too many guys anymore are a Benoit or Malenko type, theyre all flash and no substance, and he could have provided the substance for a long time especially after Benoits death

They way you say it, it seems like you're saying they're almost the same person. You could compare any wrestlers and make them sound like that with they way you're doing it.

"Cody Rhodes is the Mankind of this generation because they both wear masks and they have psychological problems. That mean proves my point."

They're both used as comic relief and besides, Santino is an all around better performer and he's not perceived as mentally challenged, just a bit slow. Plus he's way funnier than Eugene in every way.

Umm.. What? Santino is not mentally handicapped; just a fucking idiot. Even though the internet fans might be OFFENDED~! that Santino is a comedy character, the crowd absolutely adores him. And they should because he is very good at what he does: make them laugh, make them feel sorry for him when things aren't going well, and have them do that cobra thing with him.

Eugene, on the other hand, was just offensive. Really? A mentally handicapped wrestler? Well, they already did enough tasteless gimmicks at that point.. WHY NOT!?! No wonder the WWE is trying to rebrand themselves and make people forget the past.

I think there's a difference between the two. While Santino is comedic, I don't think he qualifies as a jobber anymore. In the last several months, Santino's won more matches than he's lost, and he's a fuck load more over than Eugene ever was. He's beyond jobber- Trent Berretta is a jobber. Santino's....well mid-card to be honest. His team beat The Corre at WM. Sure he may have gotten squashed by Sheamus, but that's a former WWE champion, no big deal.

On top of not being a jobber, Santino's funnier, less offensive, and more importantly, he's over in the ring. Eugene might have been hilarious in backstage segments, but he wasn't that great in the ring. Santino's got talent. Eugene didn't. End of story.

No. Santino is NOT the modern day Eugene. They are nothing alike because Santino does not suffer from an awful gimmick that ruined his career. Eugene did. He was very successful in developmental, but due to a terrible gimmick he was not taken seriously and had a bad career. At least Santino has a chance to make something of his career, he may be a comedy jobber but he is more over than a lot of people and has a small chance of possibly getting past that someday. Eugene stood no chance of ever getting beyond one of the worst gimmicks ever. Santino was better in the ring, better on the mic, has a character that least COULD be taken seriously one day, has held more titles than Eugene, and has had more impressive wins, thus making Santino better overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back