Sam's Thread of Chattin' w/ Jake & Other Robust Subjects

December -

☆☆☆☆☆ Marjorie Prime and The Killing of a Sacred Deer
☆☆☆☆ On Body And Soul, The Florida Project, Paddington 2 and Daddy's Home 2
☆☆☆ The Big Sick, Only The Brave, Justice League, The Party and Battle of the Sexes
☆☆ Suburbicon, Final Portrait, The Death of Stalin and Happy Death Day
☆ The Star, Murder on the Orient Express and A Bad Moms Christmas

I enjoyed Justice League is an "eh, what" kind of way. And I'll stand by that Daddy's Home rating till my dying days.

I've read in places that you would be a better human for watching snuff films instead of Daddy's Home 2.

The critics who wrote these articles seemed like insufferable whiney ***** though, so glad to hear it was stellar.

1. Baby Driver ★★★★★
  2. Okja ★★★★★
  3. The Death of Stalin ★★★★
  4. The Handmaiden: Director's Cut ★★★★
  5. Moonlight ★★★★
  6. Free Fire ★★★★
  7. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ★★★★
  8. Colossal ★★★
  9. Get Out ★★★
  10. My Life As a Courgette ★★★
  11. Thor Ragnarok ★★★
  12. Split ★★★
  13. The Big Sick ★★★
  14. Power Rangers ★★★
  15. War for the Planet of the Apes ★★★
  16. The Lego Batman Movie ★★★
  17. Toni Erdmann ★★★
  18. Jackie ★★★
  19. Hidden Figures ★★★
  20. Spider-Man Homecoming ★★★
  21. It ★★★
  22. Blade Runner 2049 ★★★
  23. Dunkirk ★★★
  24. Logan ★★★
  25. Death Note ★★★
  26. Lady Macbeth ★★★
  27. Wonder Woman ★★★
  28. Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond ★★★
  29. Fate of the Furious ★★
  30. Valerian: City of a Thousand Planets ★★
  31. Shin Godzilla ★★
  32. Manchester by the Sea ★★
  33. La La Land ★★
  34. T2 Trainspotting ★★
  35. Mindhorn ★★
  36. Their Finest ★★
  37. Kong: Skull Island ★★
  38. Alien: Covenant ★
  39. John Wick: Chapter 2 ★
  40. Kingsman: The Golden Circle ★

It's 2017 and leaving the house is getting ever more tedious and expensive. Netflix films are going on the list.

Jim Carrey seems insufferable. You can entirely see why Tommy Lee Jones wouldn't sanction his buffoonery.

Power Rangers was much better and much weirder than it had any right to be. Big fan of how they defeat the villain by literally slapping her into space. I'm really into teen dramas at the moment. Maybe I should watch Riverdale.

Unless the Disaster Artist, Star Wars Ep. 8, or some other movie I haven't considered really blows me away, it's looking like my top 3 for the year will be Baby Driver, Lady Bird, and Logan Lucky, ostensibly in that order.

Yeah, well, we get Lady Bird in February because... globalisation can only do so much?

Maybe it will still be in theaters here in January and you can go to an American cinema and tell me about how going to see movies is so much better in England and then I can take you to the Liberty Bell and show you how much better America is than England at everything else.

Maybe it will still be in theaters here in January and you can go to an American cinema and tell me about how going to see movies is so much better in England and then I can take you to the Liberty Bell and show you how much better America is than England at everything else.

:disappointed:

1. Baby Driver ★★★★★
  2. Okja ★★★★★
  3. The Death of Stalin ★★★★
  4. The Handmaiden: Director's Cut ★★★★
  5. Moonlight ★★★★
  6. Free Fire ★★★★
  7. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ★★★★
  8. Colossal ★★★
  9. Get Out ★★★
  10. My Life As a Courgette ★★★
  11. Thor Ragnarok ★★★
  12. Star Wars: The Last Jedi ★★★
  13. Split ★★★
  14. The Big Sick ★★★
  15. Power Rangers ★★★
  16. War for the Planet of the Apes ★★★
  17. The Lego Batman Movie ★★★
  18. Toni Erdmann ★★★
  19. Jackie ★★★
  20. Hidden Figures ★★★
  21. Spider-Man Homecoming ★★★
  22. It ★★★
  23. Blade Runner 2049 ★★★
  24. Dunkirk ★★★
  25. Logan ★★★
  26. Death Note ★★★
  27. Lady Macbeth ★★★
  28. Wonder Woman ★★★
  29. Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond ★★★
  30. Fate of the Furious ★★
  31. Valerian: City of a Thousand Planets ★★
  32. Shin Godzilla ★★
  33. Manchester by the Sea ★★
  34. La La Land ★★
  35. T2 Trainspotting ★★
  36. Mindhorn ★★
  37. Their Finest ★★
  38. Kong: Skull Island ★★
  39. Alien: Covenant ★
  40. John Wick: Chapter 2 ★
  41. Kingsman: The Golden Circle ★

My poor buttocks. You can't expect children to sit still for that long. I did like it though.

Even I don't agree with the order my list is in anymore. Colossal in the top ten? That's weird.

Well, I'd sooner watch footage of my own conception than watch Kingsman 2 again, which I think goes some way to explaining it.

There is, of course, a 33% chance the the next Kingsman features footage of my conception and, as such, is praised as "daring."

Dude, I don't care what anyone calls it, it's just so hilariously dumb. I think I feel similarly about Kick-Ass 2.

Honestly, the wackier it gets, the more tedious I find it. But in the battle between the person who likes a thing and the person who doesn't, the person who likes a thing always wins.

1 was good. 2 was wacky and not in a fun way. Cowboys + Robot Dogs + Drugs laced w drugs = meh.

Plus no crazy Sam Jackson.

It was the worst of the two movies this year featuring the same John Denver song. Huh. Never thought that would be a true statement on a few levels.

1 was good. 2 was wacky and not in a fun way. Cowboys + Robot Dogs + Drugs laced w drugs = meh.

Plus no crazy Sam Jackson.

By the end of the opening chase scene I had given up on the idea that the film would be anything but utterly ridiculous, and when viewed through that lens I found the movie to be very entertaining. Elton John taking a dude out with a Liu Kang flying kick was all I needed to make it through 2017. That and anti-depressants.

John Denver's music was in no fewer than four films this year. What a year.

Kingsman 2, Logan Lucky... what else?

I forgot that his music was in Free Fire. Actually I still don't remember, but I'll take your word for it.

I don't see how you can give Free Fire four stars and Kingsmen 2 one. I'm having deja vu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back