Sam's Secret Stash

Discussion in 'Digital Arts and Graphics' started by Uncle Sam, May 28, 2012.

1. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

Term time's over, I don't have any employment until next week - this is what I'll subject you to in the meantime.

I've no idea why I bothered making any avatars - the only one I got uploaded last time was the ugly one - but I suppose they're simple and easy to do. Well, you would think, wouldn't you? Some still manage to overcrowd or tarnish a simple 100x100 pixel block. It's something to do of a Monday evening.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't think thin borders work - at least not on this site. In fact, I'm not even sure a 2 pixel thick border (which these are) is sufficient. Sorry about the rambling; have to make it not spam.

As for signatures, here's that Christian one I was sporting recently:

[​IMG]

Went for a sort of faux-graffiti Banksy sort of thing. No idea if I got there.

Diet Soda, Awesome_Miz and JamJam like this.
  2. Uncle Sam

Some bonus stuff 'from the vault' - eat your heart out, Walt Disney:

I used to post in the wrestling thread on a videogame forum, and posted the monthly threads for a while. Eventually, their cynicism and obsession with memes ate away at even my weary facade - and they seemed happy to make their own bargain basement banners. My special Christmas edition:

[​IMG]

One month later, around Royal Rumble time:

[​IMG]

My final one - on the Road to WrestleMania (this was after I reluctantly did Triple H Month for February):

[​IMG]

And some more avatars - also from the vault:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I didn't use the gradient on the latest ones like I did on these, though I think it does make them 'pop' and feel less flat. You'll often find a similar effect on, you know, iOS icons and that. Again, rambling.

3. DarkFlame

DarkFlame Occasional Pre-Show

ALl good work mate, really like the road to wrestlemania one. Think a 2 px border is fine, anymore and you'll just reduce the workspace for the avatar but 1 px, especially here, is defo too small!

4. Uncle Sam

Hmm, let's see - what did I post in here? Here's four versions of the same avatar:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Borders, image placement, blood red or Impact blue - it all makes a difference. Apparently.

These are all BRAND NEW (to this thread):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's one which I forgot to post:

[​IMG]

Magical, isn't it?

Danger Burger likes this.
  5. Danger Burger

Danger Burger Thread Killer

Absolutely beautiful Deapool there, i would almost pay money to use that. Almost.

Infact... would you mind if i did use it for free??

Have to say well done on making me laugh twice with the small triple H on the two early posters.

Good stash!

6. Uncle Sam

Did I never post a SummerSlam 2013 LD? I should have because I just found some stuff I did for it (it's a very slow Saturday, but I'm probably gonna have sex on Wednesday to make up for it, OK?) and thought it was pretty good:

[​IMG]

Evidently, I was going for an eighties VHS effect with that one. The one coming up was a bit more neon. Maybe I'd be playing some Hotline Miami?

[​IMG]

As for the content of the LD, it would have been the typical classy affair:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I was worried for a minute that I didn't have a picture of The Bellas covered in semen on my hard drive. That's a relief.

FunKay the Inevitable likes this.
  7. Uncle Sam

I found the original files I worked on! I assume I still have the font I used for the logo on here, somewhere, so I'll have to find that later. I managed to use all the pieces and slap together a poster:

[​IMG]

It also gave me the opportunity to use the watermark I've been working on (bottom left).