Sabres loose game 7, Hurricanes move on to face Oilers

Discussion in 'Non-Wrestling Archives' started by zero, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zero

zero Guest

So, my Buffalo Sabres lost 4-2 to the Carolina Hurricanes after what I would say was an incredible game. Now, the Hurricanes are going on Munday to face the Oilers for game 1 in the Stanly Cup Finals!

http://nhl.com

2. Eradicate

Eradicate Dark Match Winner

Yeah Brind'Amour played great tonight. Should be a great goalie match-up between Ward and Roloson. I expect Carolina to win in 6-7 games.

3. zero

zero Guest

I can't see it happening, allthough Carolina played a great game - they were playing against a team with multiple injured players and players ripped right from the Rochester farm team. (yeah yeah, excuses excuses...), so I don't at all see them being able to compete with the Oilers. We'll see.

4. i think the oilers will win the stanley cup, and i wish the sabres would have won

5. Eradicate

I heard that excuse on SportsCenter aswell. "Injured players, blah, blah." I didn't really hear all of it because Barry Melrose annoys me. Now I don't really keep up with Hockey, but I have been watching the playoffs, and from what I've seen I still think Carolina will win.

Besides, I'm just a casual fan without a deep knowledge of the NHL, so who cares what I think?

6. zero

zero Guest

If you're watching SportsCenter then there's no way you're going to get any intelligent hockey information what so ever.

7. Eradicate

I don't really watch SportsCenter for hockey information anyways, its more for basketball, football and baseball. Thats why I don't have a great knowledge of hockey.

What do you suggest I watch?

8. zero

zero Guest

Sadly OLN is the only thing that will even give Hockey the time of day, I read most of my news online at NHL.com or *teamname*.com. ESPN practically spits on hockey now-a-day.

9. Eradicate

I figured OLN, but I can certainly check out NHL.com.

Thanks for the info though, can't wait to see the series begin.

10. FLUFF

FLUFF Guest

Gotta say, Way to go CANES!!! I live in SC, and in 3 hours can be in Raliegh! CANES Kick ass and are gonna be the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

11. I think the Oilers will win the Stanley Cup in 6 games.

12. TaylorMac

TaylorMac Guest

Oilers in 6.. sure why not. haha : )

Rolosons gotta do good for sure though

13. WillPhoenix

WillPhoenix New Member

The Oilers are my home team, so naturally I'm rooting for them to win the cup. They've surprised me in going this far already though, so I don't exactly expect them to win, especially given their recent history of blowing it in the playoffs. Let's hope they can end the streak.

14. hhh_#1fan

hhh_#1fan Guest

Go Oilers Go!!

15. Infamous

Infamous Dark Match Winner

Hockey sucks anyway

16. FLUFF

FLUFF Guest

FUCK YOU ALL!!! jk, uhh, Hurricanes to win the Stanley Cup!!!! GO CANES GO!!!

17. TaylorMac

TaylorMac Guest

Bad game last night. They had it then they lost it.

They better fix the problem or ALOT of people are gonna be upset haha.

18. virginpusher

virginpusher Pre-Show Stalwart

I have to pull for the good ol Oilers! Good to see Edminton make it... not my favorite team but a good team non the less!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.