Royal Rumble - Womens Edition

Of the 3 women who entered the Royal Rumble, you pick that moment?

Just making an example how WWE does woman vs man thing. Not every competitor is Chyna and could beat Jericho for IC title.

Just look at how she takes it to Mark Henry and eliminates him, she looks credible, legit and like she can truly hang with the guys. This moment is always going to be bigger, better and more memorable than the Women having their own Royal Rumble match.
Great moment for sure. Still cant see how it benefits more then having more women featured in a match where you give them time to showcase their abilities and where instead of one you could give focus to several of them. Glorified cameo is still just a cameo, not the same as having them in focus of things.

Thanks for your fair judgment, sir. However, I won't stoop down to the level of insulting anyone for variable opinions. You can.

I respect your generosity, sir.

Did you forget what you said? Let's recall.

No matter the level of fan someone is. And how can you say so? Just because it doesn't go well with you, it won't go well for any fan?

Oh. But you were stating it like opinion of each wrestling fan.

But you still did.

Oh. Wow. I don't want you to know about my existence either. Get better with your insults. Ask a great heel for tips. Get the heel heat.

I don't need everything to be spelled out. You said that it's terrible for each fan. You didn't say that it's just terrible for you. I respect your opinion that it's terrible. Something you obviously don't do when someone disagrees with your opinion. Anyone that disagrees with your opinion should be insulted.

I love GSB's of having a Network Special or even a Women PPV. That's interesting. Have a Royal Rumble. Also, have NXT title be defended. So, that people can get a glimpse of what's coming on the main roster.

I think point-by-point responses are absolutely awful, so I can't respond, having refused to have read that portion. But I'm sure you did a great job dissecting each sentence.

I also agree that having a women's Rumble would be better suited on another PPV.

Just making an example how WWE does woman vs man thing. Not every competitor is Chyna and could beat Jericho for IC title.

Great moment for sure. Still cant see how it benefits more then having more women featured in a match where you give them time to showcase their abilities and where instead of one you could give focus to several of them. Glorified cameo is still just a cameo, not the same as having them in focus of things.

Not every woman needs to have a beastly physique like Chyna to be booked like an ultimate vixen. Sable was booked as an ultimate vixen who showed no fear of guys, she'd Powerbomb Marc Mero numerous times, slap Patterson and Brisco around when they tried messing with her, even stood up to the boss, Mr. McMahon in in-ring segments. Jacqueline was another who could hang with the boys in the ring, so did Jazz in ECW. I could easily imagine them booking someone like Asuka or Nia Jax this way and it working. I don't watch Lucha Underground but I hear they do it really well. WWE can do the woman vs. man thing better like they used to, they just need better bookers.

I actually don't see it that way and it's the same case with the men's Royal Rumble, not everybody gets focus, only the main contenders do, which there aren't a lot of. The other woman would just be background fillers, nothing more. In a previous Women's Battle Royal, Gail Kim eliminated herself and no one noticed it at all until it was reported on these wrestling news sites. Just imagine, next year instead of one, they have 3 women enter the Rumble match as surprise entrants: Asuka, Nia Jax and I dunno, Tamina, Ronda Rousey or Charlotte. That would be bigger than the women having their own Rumble match and if they eliminate a male wrestler, makes them look more credible and legit as they have proven they can take it to men just as they can women.

Women in the Royal Rumble match have always been side shows, and it would be no different if they did it this year.

I personally don't need to see men fighting women to feel like women are equal. I don't really have much desire to either. WWE is trying to put out a certain image and having a woman, no matter how big or well built as legit they are, going out and getting punched in the face by a man is going to give them all sorts of unwanted press and destroy the image they are trying to create.

And fuck Jacqueline. She was awful, could barely wrestle or perform basic moves, and only felt like a big deal because she could hip toss a few jobber level male wrestlers. She is one of the most overstated and overrated people in pro wrestling history and was a waste of time.

The answer for me is zero. That's not the point.

To make the decision that the women are relevant enough to have their own Rumble, only to have it be a dominant, win-from-the-#1-spot spectacle for some "star" that only hardcore fans even know is nonsense. She has been on the main roster for a cup of coffee and is "A-zoo-ka" to plenty. She is not Ric Flair in '92. Internet fans are the ones who watch 80 hours of this crap every week and read all of the awful articles and watch the Network/NXT, which most people do not. That is not the majority of fans. Her streak is below most people's radar and she is nowhere near as popular as Daniel Bryan was when his predictable, yet deserving, win came to fruition. That Mania needed that big moment. The Rumble does not need this ho-hum faux moment. It's an insult because it immediately shows that the women need to play every Rumble card at once to make it relevant. So, save me your quotes of overused, Cena-like points because I don't know what you're talking about. I don't read those posts, so if I use a phrase that those people overuse, too bad. You want a phrase people overuse? Talk about "telling a story" during a match. Save that for the full-time wrestling lifers that flood this repetitive forum. For the Rumble, for all fans and people of all levels of interest, your idea for the women's Rumble is a terrible idea.

So doing something that could potentially lead to an interesting Women's Championship match up for WrestleMania isn't the point? Also, your assessment of Asuka's popularity doesn't seem to jive with the recognition she's been getting on Raw. Right now, Asuka is probably the only woman on the main roster who hasn't been diluted by lousy booking decisions that hinder her momentum and that makes her stand out in a positive way. If Asuka being in the Rumble, going all the way and having that match at WrestleMania is the end game, then I'm willing to endure the so called "ho-hum faux moment" you mentioned. Speaking of which, why exactly would it be "ho-hum?" Just because you don't like it? Most things in wrestling are subjective, so I don't see why you try to pass off your opinions as rock solid gospel. Also, please, for the love of God, stop trying to come off as though you're somehow above the "full-time wrestling lifers" or anyone who frequently posts in these forums. Every last one of us spend a significant portion our time investing in a fake sport that revolves around men & women engages in fake feuds that culminate in fake fights so do yourself, and everyone else, a favor and stop behaving as though this is all beneath you.

We're obviously of two different minds on this: I want to see something which results in Asuka, the only female who hasn't been butchered by Vince yet, heading to WrestleMania as I think she's the only one CURRENTLY who can provide an interesting opponent for whomever is champion by then. The Royal Rumble is a stepping stone to WrestleMania, and important stepping stone but a stepping stone nonetheless. I've no idea what it is you want, nor do I really care.

OIn reflection maybe 20 women coming in at 1 minute intervals would be a better solution.Also, to the guy who said WWE Womens division had zero compelling matches for Mania...

Asuka vs Charlotte
Asuka vs Nia Jax
Asuka vs Paige
Asuka vs Rousey (she will appear)

All Wrestlemania worthy IMO.

So doing something that could potentially lead to an interesting Women's Championship match up for WrestleMania isn't the point? Also, your assessment of Asuka's popularity doesn't seem to jive with the recognition she's been getting on Raw. Right now, Asuka is probably the only woman on the main roster who hasn't been diluted by lousy booking decisions that hinder her momentum and that makes her stand out in a positive way. If Asuka being in the Rumble, going all the way and having that match at WrestleMania is the end game, then I'm willing to endure the so called "ho-hum faux moment" you mentioned. Speaking of which, why exactly would it be "ho-hum?" Just because you don't like it? Most things in wrestling are subjective, so I don't see why you try to pass off your opinions as rock solid gospel. Also, please, for the love of God, stop trying to come off as though you're somehow above the "full-time wrestling lifers" or anyone who frequently posts in these forums. Every last one of us spend a significant portion our time investing in a fake sport that revolves around men & women engages in fake feuds that culminate in fake fights so do yourself, and everyone else, a favor and stop behaving as though this is all beneath you.

We're obviously of two different minds on this: I want to see something which results in Asuka, the only female who hasn't been butchered by Vince yet, heading to WrestleMania as I think she's the only one CURRENTLY who can provide an interesting opponent for whomever is champion by then. The Royal Rumble is a stepping stone to WrestleMania, and important stepping stone but a stepping stone nonetheless. I've no idea what it is you want, nor do I really care.

"Nor do I really care"--Burn!! What a goof...

I like how you ask "What makes it ho hum? Just because you don't like it?" Yes! That is precisely what makes something "ho-hum" to me. Just because I don't needlessly preface what I write with things like "in my opinion" or "for me" all the time--because that should go without saying (everyone knows opinions are subjective, much like water is wet)--doesn't mean I am stating facts or my word should be taken as gospel. But since you need this, IN MY OPINION, giving the hot new woman star the #1 spot, just to have her run through a Rumble consisting mostly of women who won't win anyway, in order to give her some "special" moment would be completely transparent.

You just described it as "something that could potentially lead to an interesting Women's Championship match up for WrestleMania". You have to be kidding. Either the Asuka vs. Champ match is interesting to you or it isn't. Do you really need "she won the Rumble from the #1 spot" to add to your level of interest? Total mark comment.

I'm not "above" full-time wrestling fans. You reading it that way points to your own inferiority complex because I simply distinguished that there are full-time fans who watch wrestling all week, every week and there are people, like me, who read forums to kill time at work, watch a segment or two of Raw once or twice a month, and watch 1 or 2 PPVs a year. I am not bashing those who watch it full-time. I am simply putting my opinion (obvious to anyone with a brain) into perspective. I did get a kick out of your rant about "fake sport" and "fake feuds". Do you think people on soap opera forums consistently defend that they KNOW the disagreements between characters are scripted? No, because it is known to all. People like YOU need to acknowledge your awareness that wrestling is "fake" because you are a mark. Saying "I know wrestling is fake" is like saying "I know the Tooth Fairy isn't real." You sound like an idiot for even bringing it up.

Wrestling is not beneath me. People like you who take other people's opinions so personally and waver on what's real and fake about wrestling...that's who is beneath me. In my opinion, your idea for the women's Rumble is awful. In my opinion, you have issues with wrestling being such a big part of your life--whether you feel belittled by other people, or feel like people look down on you, whatever it is--you need to address that. In my opinion, you would make a more convincing "I don't care what you think" argument, if you didn't respond (so foolishly or otherwise) to everyone who disagrees with your opinion.

First women's Rumble and you want the favorite to win from #1...absolutely terrible, in my opinion.

OIn reflection maybe 20 women coming in at 1 minute intervals would be a better solution.Also, to the guy who said WWE Womens division had zero compelling matches for Mania...

Asuka vs Charlotte
Asuka vs Nia Jax
Asuka vs Paige
Asuka vs Rousey (she will appear)

All Wrestlemania worthy IMO.

I was that guy. But, I was just mentioning to Jack-Hammer that I, personally, do not feel any of the potential women's matches are compelling. I am sure there are plenty of compelling possibilities for those who find this women's division interesting. I just don't find it interesting, based on how they have been booked. If Rousey and/or the Four Horsewomen came out, maybe that would be a cool moment. But, as far as compelling--as in looking forward to it at all--it's not for me.

The tag title match at this past Mania was not compelling. The Hardys came out and I enjoyed that moment. So, anticipating and enjoying what is seen are two different things. I have no anticipation interest in any women's match. But, I can--and hopefully will--be entertained by them, if booked well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back