Royal Rumble 2016 Match

Which Scenario Is Better?

• Scenario One

• Scenario Two

• Neither Both Suck

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like the second scenario better with a Cena heel turn, the whole plan C factor. But I don't want to see Owens vs Lesnar.

If Reigns is putting up the title then doesn't that mean that he has to enter at number one? Also everyone else is going to be going after him in order to vacate the title then, right? Because after Reigns is eliminated whoever wins the Rumble is the WHC.

So the two scenarios that might happens are the following. Reigns will enter at number one and eliminate almost 29 other people, setting a new Rumble record and retaining his title. His opponent at Mania, will be likely be decided during a tournament of some sort leading up to Mania. I don't know how the fans will react to that. The WWE lately has been horrible with tournaments. We usually know who will win after the first round.

The second option is for Reigns to lose the title at the Rumble and face whoever wins at Mania with his rematch clause. That pretty much ensures he will win at Mania, making the main event very predictable, especially if it's HHH. That gives Reigns his third WHC in as many months.

Shit he'll be beating Flairs record within two years if that keeps up. I just don't know if I like either one of these, but I don't see any other options. Or do I have tunnel vision on this matter.

Ok we know people like Brock reigns Ambrose Owens or wyatt are possible and legit probabilities along with hhh when it comes to possible winners for the royal rumble. Maybe you could even throw Vince in if they did something drastic but many wouldn't be surprised to see him walk out. Outside of the more obvious wrestlers who do you think would be a good surprise pick to win the rumble and why?

Ok we know people like Brock reigns Ambrose Owens or wyatt are possible and legit probabilities along with hhh when it comes to possible winners for the royal rumble. Maybe you could even throw Vince in if they did something drastic but many wouldn't be surprised to see him walk out. Outside of the more obvious wrestlers who do you think would be a good surprise pick to win the rumble and why?
Because it's for the title I don't see Vince winning or even being in the rumble.

My outside pick to win the rumble and the title would be Chris Jericho. He needs something for 'Mania and I can see Triple H costing Reigns the title thereby setting up that WrestleMania match. If Jericho wins it I think he should turn heel because Heel Jericho makes for great TV and a great Champion going into WrestleMania and having a face beat him for the title would make for a decent if not awesome WrestleMania moment.

I honestly think this has the potential to be one of the best Rumbles ever. Not only is it for the WWE Title, which makes it unpredictable, it seems this Rumble could have more surprises than any other.....AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Triple H could all draw a number. Add to the fact Lesnar is going to be in their wrecking havoc as well I really cannot wait for this. I think new stars will be born.

I think Lesnar is brilliant but I don't want him to win. An interference from Bray Wyatt or Samoa Joe would make compelling viewing and lead to a compelling match.

I don't see Reigns winning. He is going to be screwed out of the title. The champion retaining isnt good for business.

The fans will hate Triple H winning the strap and he will gain nuclear heat for booking himself to win but that is what he wants - way to play the fans.

Bryan could return at number 30 and walk out the Champion, that would make fans happy.

Royal Rumble: Roman Reigns gets eliminated by non participant Triple H in the Rumble, costing him the belt and Brock Lesnar walks away victorious.

Fast Lane: Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar II - Triple H screws Reigns out of his rematch clause and Lesnar retains

Raw post Fast Lane: Battle Royal to determine #1 Contender for WrestleMania won by Kevin Owens

HHH returns at #27. Final four is Ziggler, HHH, Brock, Reigns. Ziggler gets eliminated and then Reigns eliminates Brock but as Reigns eliminates Brock, HHH comes from behind and eliminates Reigns.

Reigns vs. Brock at Fast Lane - winner faces HHH at WrestleMania. Reigns wins after The Wyatt Family targets Brock. Brock gets attacked and Brock fights them off and Reigns comes out of nowhere with a spear for a win.

HHH vs. Reigns at Mania. Reigns goes over huge win a clean win over HHH.

With the Royal Rumble a week away, we are still tossing up who may leave as WWEWorld Champion. Personally, I see a returning HHH eliminating Reigns and a new champion being crowned. With Reigns vs Trips all but a lock for Mania, the opportunity to make a couple more co main events is here. With Lesnar and Taker occupying a slot in each main event match, who they face is a mystery still. I'm assuming Fast Lane will be headlined by a no 1 contenders match to be the opponent of whomever is champion. Wwe want to pack Texas with 100000+ fans and with the limited roster available, does putting the belt on Taker make sense? My Mania looks like this:
WWE title: Undertaker vs Kevin Owens vs Brock Lesnar
Roman Reigns vs Triple H
Wyatt Family vs League of Nations
IC title: Dean Ambrose vs Chris Jericho

I see Lesnar being in the main event somehow, someway. Thoughts?

Tonight on RAW the McMahons fixed the number one spot draw for the Rumble, and after several attempts Roman will be the first in the Rumble..

I can't help but feel that Roman is definitely winning the rumble now.

The higher the odds are being stacked against him the more likely it's feeling that he will win the Rumble, and will be able to claim to be the first to defend and retain the WWE Title in a rumble match. While also beating his own record for most eliminations and adding his name to the very short list of 1st entrant winners and possibly a record breaking time inside a rumble match.

Thoughts?

You know, I think Roman Reigns is a fine champion. I think he's super over in most cities, and he's really the top/most over babyface on the uninjured list right now. I typically wouldn't like seeing him beat 29 others in the Rumble from spot number 1, because I don't think that's his gimmick, so it doesn't fit. But after seeing the Reigns hate train here and on Wreddit and other places, I'm so excited that he's going to be smashing records all over the place on Sunday, if only to see the cries of anguish from the internet when it happens.

Ideally, I'd like to see some nostalgia pops, under no circumstance does AJ Styles make sense debuting, and I'd like the final 4 to be Reigns, Lesnar, Wyatt, and Sheamus. Daniel Bryan should not make a return at a Rumble, if he's healthy or cleared, and there should be no NXT guys unless they've already been on the main roster (except MAYBE Samoa Joe).

You know, I think Roman Reigns is a fine champion. I think he's super over in most cities, and he's really the top/most over babyface on the uninjured list right now. I typically wouldn't like seeing him beat 29 others in the Rumble from spot number 1, because I don't think that's his gimmick, so it doesn't fit. But after seeing the Reigns hate train here and on Wreddit and other places, I'm so excited that he's going to be smashing records all over the place on Sunday, if only to see the cries of anguish from the internet when it happens.

Ideally, I'd like to see some nostalgia pops, under no circumstance does AJ Styles make sense debuting, and I'd like the final 4 to be Reigns, Lesnar, Wyatt, and Sheamus. Daniel Bryan should not make a return at a Rumble, if he's healthy or cleared, and there should be no NXT guys unless they've already been on the main roster (except MAYBE Samoa Joe).

I tend to agree with you, but I have one issue with it. If Reigns is super over then why are they still trying so hard?

He is now a two time WHC and well since the first time only lasted a few minutes, it still counts. Now he's won again, and they are still making it seem like he's an underdog and throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him.

He's not an underdog, and if he goes through 29 other people this coming weekend, they can never use that to their benefit again. I like Reigns and think he's doing a good job as champion, but I would rather see a normal Rumble where we find out the number one contender for his title. I really don't want to see Reigns/Lesnar again at Mania.

The one name rarely mentioned in all the possibilities is Vince McMahon. What if the reason the wyatts didn't move against lesner until this week was because either he didn't signal them as a last resort or cause bray wanted Vince to see how much he needs them? Either way the wyatts finally came out and attacked both lesner and reigns this week. Won't get into smack down spoilers but what if Vince has struck a deal with the wyatts which Is why bray I is so confident the rumble is his. Hhh can still come out and cause reigns elimination in a knock down drag out brawl. Lesner can be booked strong but finally about to eliminate bray after eliminating the other family members only for Vince to come out and toss them both over. Which opens the door to a fatal for way at wrestlemania
How? Simple. Both Brock and bray will want retribution on Vince. Hhh will want to protect his father in law(using the lon as well until wm) reigns has unfinished business with hhh and lesner and wyatt from Monday.
Or
Title becomes vacant the next night. Two matches are set up at fast lane
Brock vs bray
Hhh vs reigns
Winners meet at wm for the title
You'll have intersecting story lines with plenty of brawls
Everyone still looks strong at rr and up to wm
Fast lane becomes an important card.
Ultimately there's so many more possibilities with Vince winning. Do you think he's got something up his sleeve and possibly become wwe champ once again? Please don't mind my fantasy booking or explanation it's just what made me contemplate Vince winning. What's your thoughts about Vince being a legitimate winner at rr?

It would really be an awesome moment. I am ok with them teasing it but they dont need to feud with each other at this moment.

But if they want them feuding, then Luke Harper and Erick Rowan can be the team to take off tag titles from them.

:devil:

I always enjoy the Kofi Kingston elimination attempt, seems to have become an unofficial moment at recent RR's. I wonder what it will be this year.

Kyhet usually bring in a vet or legend as they call them. In the last it was Bubba Ray, DDP, Kevin Nash, ect. I would love to see Jake the Snake since he has wanted to be apart of it over the last few years.

Potentially seeing a guy like Mark Henry in his last RR.

If Reigns manages to retain it'll be good to see how he avoids near eliminations or cool spots to retain.

Great Rumble moment would be not only New Day vs Wyatt Family, but also, Wyatt Family vs League Of Nations.

Plus another great moment (for internet marks only): AJ Styles face to face with Samoa Joe. They both go at it in the ring and then the countdown starts and out comes Finn Balor. And while Balor is heading for the ring, the Bullet Club surround the ring. But that's too much smarkish to ask of the WWE.

Pretty much everyone has (for good reason) predicted that either Roman Reigns will retain the title, or Triple H will win it and then Roman Reigns will beat him for it at WrestleMania.

But for some reason, I'm having a weird gut feeling that the ace the Authority has up their sleeve is actually someone else - Chris Jericho. We haven't seen heel Jericho since his all-advised "I'll be heel just by not talking" gimmick in early 2012, that lasted about twenty minutes. Jericho allying with the Authority to get back to the top of the WWE is much more interesting than anything WWE has pulled in the last couple of years, and Jericho as champion would be a fresh, different way to go.

So, for me, Chris Jericho winning the Royal Rumble is the best possible Rumble moment this year.

I would love to see the following moments.

Wyatt Family vs. League of Nations vs. Social Outcasts vs. the New Day confrontation in the ring. That’s half of the entrants in the Royal Rumble. It’s kind of odd to think that there are only 2 former WWE World Heavyweight Champions in this group of 15. I’d like to see all four Stables take a corner and have Roman Reigns stand in the middle waiting to be attacked…and then out comes Dean Ambrose and…Seth Rollins to make the save.

Triple H has been quiet lately. I think HHH will be number 30. I don’t mind the Game showing up, but please, keep your NXT “Rookies” off the Big League field until they are in the Big League roster.

I want to see a few surprises, like returns or debuts. On my list of Legends I’d like to see make a return (Chris Jericho, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, and Hulk Hogan), the only one guaranteed to show up is my all-time favorite, Chris Jericho.

Chris Jericho winning the 2016 Royal Rumble match is number one. I would immediately pre-order Chris Jericho side plates for my WWE Championship Title Belt.

Roman Reigns is last one in the ring when #30's music hits - it's Daniel Bryan! He walks down the ramp in his wrestling gear and stands on the outside with Roman Reigns looking at him. HHH sneaks in th ring behind Roman Reigns and throws him out - becoming new heavyweight champion. The next night at Raw Daniel Bryan tells the crowd that his only passion is wrestling and the only way for him to get "medically" cleared to wrestle by the WWE doctors and the authority was to make a deal with the devil (HHH) and join the authority. He can tell the crowd that he doesn't care about what people think about him and his decision because all he wants to do is wrestle. Later on HHH makes a #1 contender match for his championship at Fastlane. It is a fatal 4 way with Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, and Brock Lesnar. Somehow the authority screws everyone and helps Daniel Bryan win. At Fastlane Daniel Bryan refuses to just lay down for HHH and wins the world heavyweight championship. Then in weeks to come HHH and Roman Reigns can battle each other for the chance to face Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania. With no clear winner they can then set up a triple threat at Wrestlemania with Daniel Bryan, HHH, and Roman Reigns.

Imagine that this Sunday, there is a confrontation between New Day and the Wyatt Family!

Well, if they have a serious confrontation ('serious' being a relative term when it comes to New Day) one thing's for sure......New Day becomes good guys as a result.

WWE Creative hit on a winning formula in turning these guys into lovable heels. After all, they're the same people whose original gimmick didn't get over.

Meanwhile, no one is gonna mistake the Wyatts for faces, so if this confrontation comes off, we might yet get to see whether the fans take to New Day in a New Way. :)

I read through all these and thought wow that was rgw suprise you want? Most of that crap is what will happen, so I am glad you are easily suprised. No one said anything I would consider suprising.
We will see a combo of Wyatts vs Outcast vs New Day vs League of Nations. It is a way to show stablestable strength.

Jericho has about a 30% chance to win, so underdog maybe but in no way a suprise.
Bryan coming back would be a suprise, having him win is even more. WWE has learned, putting the strap on someone coming off a injury is bad....see HBK.

So a true suprise I would LOVE to see would be Roman 1 v Brock 2. They beat the hell out of each other, Reigns dumps Lesnar, Lesnar goes full rage monster. Goes back in the ring and beats the hell out of Regins. Suplex city beach. 3 comes down a clear jobber and brock ties a fast elimination record. Finally tossing reigns out. (Setting up Regins vs Lesnar @Fastlane)
Having Roman and Lesnar gone before 5 suprises everyone. Odds makers, CSR etc and for thr next 25 superstars the fans are left in suspense debating Jericho or Bryan Return. But say between 5-10 Jericho gets tossed. This puts all in shock and awe.

So that is the suprise. But the question remians, whom to we let win as to keep the fans happy, since it seems they want faces to prevail.
Randy Orton wins.

I think this would have been the year to make this another 40 man Royal Rumble. There are just too many names that need to be included to stick with 30. If they are going to have any Bullet Club/NxT/Legends in it, they would be leaving out too many guys who are on the regular roster.

I think at some point we will see Lesnar & Reigns as allies in the RR with the members in The League of Nations & Wyatt Family the numbers game kind of points to it.

I really don't think the rumble is the best place for two factions to face off.

For example, to get the Wyatt Family to face off with the New Day you need at least six guys in the ring.

So Big E, Kofi and Xavier on one side against Wyatt, Harper and Rowan makes sense.

So five of those guys need to be in at one time as a group can't come in together, so you've got 5x90 seconds before all six guys are in the ring. 7 and a half minutes of five of them pretending not to be interested until they have the face off. It doesn't work.

Needs to be a stable that can eliminate 5-6 guys and be left with one guy which makes sense. Say Wyatt, Harper and Rowan eliminate lots of guys and are left with Lesnar in the ring, after a bit of a battle Lesnar takes them out but is laying in the ring when Strauman comes out and the Wyatt family surround Lesnar and carry him off, not caring about the rumble anymore.

That's more of a moment I would want to see than two factions facing off

I would love to see the following moments.

Wyatt Family vs. League of Nations vs. Social Outcasts vs. the New Day confrontation in the ring. That’s half of the entrants in the Royal Rumble. It’s kind of odd to think that there are only 2 former WWE World Heavyweight Champions in this group of 15. I’d like to see all four Stables take a corner and have Roman Reigns stand in the middle waiting to be attacked…and then out comes Dean Ambrose and…Seth Rollins to make the save.

Triple H has been quiet lately. I think HHH will be number 30. I don’t mind the Game showing up, but please, keep your NXT “Rookies” off the Big League field until they are in the Big League roster.

I want to see a few surprises, like returns or debuts. On my list of Legends I’d like to see make a return (Chris Jericho, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, and Hulk Hogan), the only one guaranteed to show up is my all-time favorite, Chris Jericho.

Chris Jericho winning the 2016 Royal Rumble match is number one. I would immediately pre-order Chris Jericho side plates for my WWE Championship Title Belt.

So leave out able bodied, exciting wrestlers like Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, AJ Styles, James Storm and Sami Zayn for old guys who struggle to walk into the ring and would more than likely really hurt themselves if having to take a bump over the top rope.

And you would rather Hogan than any NXT talent who aren't racists?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back