Royal Rumble 2016 Match

Which Scenario Is Better?

• Scenario One

• Scenario Two

• Neither Both Suck

Results are only viewable after voting.

Prince Vee

Better than I think I am
At TLC PPV, the Mainevent in which Roman Reigns was screwed off his Title Opportunity by the League of Nations and apparently by The Authority, Triple H! We witnessed a viscious mauling of Triple H at the hands of Roman Reigns. Said that happened, we hadn't seen Triple H after that. It was his Father-in-law, Mr.McMahon and wife Stephanie trying to sabotage Roman Reigns career. There was a huge speculation for Triple H vs Roman Reigns at the Royal Rumble before it had all disappeared. Now everyone of us is awaiting for the Wrestlemania match between the COO of the company and the Powerhouse.

In my verdict, it seems like a smart plan by the WWE. We, apparently had softly forgotten about Triple H for a while amid the situation surrounding the WWE-WHC Title and the feud between Roman Reigns and McMahon family. But the announcement made at the end of Raw earlier tonight, which is in the spoiler tag below,

Roman Reigns will defend his title against 29 other superstars in the Royal Rumble. This will be the first time the WWE title will be defended in the Royal Rumble match

This made me reckoning something that seems imminent. Putting aside the chances of Brock Lesnar or Kevin Owens winning the Royal Rumble, I started to wonder, what if Triple H returns to the Royal Rumble being #30 entrant and wins? This is not the hypothetical statement because the chances are seemed to be high. With Triple H being not on TV for the past few weeks This might can happen at Royal Rumble.

What's your verdict on this?

If Triple H does win the Royal Rumble, therefore becoming the WWE Champion, that would be great heel heat for HHH. Originally I expected someone like Lesnar winning after eliminated multiple guys. Because he needs to come back as a beast! However, I like the idea of HHH winning if it will continue with a good story line for Roman and the McMahon clan.

I just have one problem with this ... If Roman does lose the title to Trips at the Rumble and then goes on to beat him for the title at Mania , wouldn't that make Roman Reigns a 3 time world champion ? In a Lil more than half a year ? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a Roman Reigns hater but, I don't feel like he has done enough to have that achievement , Not quite yet ... At this rate he'll be right behind cena in title reigns smh

What im hoping for is triple h to just show up and toss out roman reigns. They could have there match at wrestlemania NOT for the championship. That leaves the question as to who will win the royal rumble. The obvs choices would be brock lesnar or john cena. But i personally would want neither of those guys to win. They dont need it. So who wins the royal rumble? He's got the whole world in his hands he's got the whole world in his hands... How awesome would it be for bray wyatt and his family just destroy everyone in the rumble eliminate guys like cena , lesnar and Y2J That would be HUGE. Bray wyatt would instantly be the top heel in the company and it would look believable having his family help him take out the favorites and eventually win.

I just have one problem with this ... If Roman does lose the title to Trips at the Rumble and then goes on to beat him for the title at Mania , wouldn't that make Roman Reigns a 3 time world champion ? In a Lil more than half a year ? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a Roman Reigns hater but, I don't feel like he has done enough to have that achievement , Not quite yet ... At this rate he'll be right behind cena in title reigns smh

Its a little too much and little too early but apparently that's what the WWE wants, doesn't it? I don't fancy the idea of tossing the WWE title between hands but as WWE wants the entire WWE Universe to stand firmly behind Roman Reigns, this might can be an obvious choice. Anyhow that's my perspective alone.

I think we see Roman Surrive the 29 and Triple H comes out with Vince and Steph clapping him and they give him the celebration works with the confetti and pyro and Ambrose is in the ring with him and the usos to celebrate and then BOOM out of nowhere Ambrose comes in and throws Roman over the ropes and claims the WWE Title.

We see during the match the friendship between the two play out but someone else eliminates Dean allowing him to still have that bond to come out at the end for it to work

Dean sides with the authority- Fastlane we see HHH vs Roman: if Roman can win he gets a shot for the title, if he loses he will lose his Job

Roman wins but HHH isn't finished and says he will be ringside with Ambrose at Mania.

In the maina match we see HHH intervene but then Rocks music hits and he comes out and layeth the smackdown on Games ass and helps Roman retain the Title, end of the match sees Ambrose shake hands in defeat and the friendship is back

Just a little thought hahaha

I think we see Roman Surrive the 29 and Triple H comes out with Vince and Steph clapping him and they give him the celebration works with the confetti and pyro and Ambrose is in the ring with him and the usos to celebrate and then BOOM out of nowhere Ambrose comes in and throws Roman over the ropes and claims the WWE Title.

We see during the match the friendship between the two play out but someone else eliminates Dean allowing him to still have that bond to come out at the end for it to work

Dean sides with the authority- Fastlane we see HHH vs Roman: if Roman can win he gets a shot for the title, if he loses he will lose his Job

Roman wins but HHH isn't finished and says he will be ringside with Ambrose at Mania.

In the maina match we see HHH intervene but then Rocks music hits and he comes out and layeth the smackdown on Games ass and helps Roman retain the Title, end of the match sees Ambrose shake hands in defeat and the friendship is back

I love it! I wonder if I'm the only one who would like to see this?

Not a huge dean ambrose fan though, but it'd be a good story nonetheless.

This booking makes almost 0 sense. Lets go over a number of the issues, shall we?

1) How does Reigns lose the title to Ambrose? As you said, Ambrose was eliminated earlier in the match. He can't just jump back into the ring after the match is over, throw Reigns over the top rope and suddenly have won. If that was the way the match worked, then anyone who threw any previous Rumble winners over the top rope in any match after they won it would have taken over the WM title shot.

2) I'm pretty sure you meant to say Reigns "regains" the title, not "retains" it. He would still have to be champion to retain the title.

3) "Hey buddy pal. Remember how just two months ago I screwed you out of the title and sided with your enemy so I could be champion instead? No? Awesome, lets be friends again, pretend like that never happened, the crowd will never know".

Triple H won't win the Rumble, but he very well could be in the match. I believe this move to have the Rumble match be for the title is a calculated move to build towards Roman defending against Triple H at WrestleMania 32.

This way you don't have the contrived outcome of Triple H winning the Rumble, as why would his character bother? He's COO, he can insert himself in the match. You write out the Rumble win this year, freeing up WWE champion Roman to face anyone (most likely Triple H).

I think this is a great move. It removes WWE from being pigeon holed into booking the Rumble winner into the main event. I hope somehow some way that Triple H vs Roman isn't what we're getting, but it more than likely is. Whatever the plan is, Roman wins his second Rumble and joins Hogan, Michaels, and Austin as the only men to win back to back Rumbles.

It might be too much, but it might not hurt to have Reigns enter the match at number one. It would increase the drama, but most importantly give them someone else to mention aside from Michaels when talking about people who have entered the Rumble and won from he first spot. It's awkward when they say two people have done it and only mention Michaels.

I like this booking as it opens up possibilities for Roman's opponent. What I don't like is that it means Roman faces Triple H, another part timer, for the title at Mania, where most likely Cena vs Undertaker goes on last.

Roman wins the Rumble 2016.

I'm guessing HHH causes Roman to be eliminated. Lesnar or Cena wins the Rumble and the title. Roman beats HHH at Fastlane to earn a title shot at Mania. romans wins the title from Lesnar or Cena.

I think Triple H would come at #30 and eliminate Reigns at the last to become the WWE World Heavyweight Champ... Then Reigns faces Triple H at Fastlane with Vince as referee where he loses due to Vince.... Then He faces Triple H for the title at Wrestlemania with Stone Cold as the referee where Reigns goes over and becomes 3rd time WWE Champ!
By the way, I would love Bray Wyatt to be Champ but that way we will see Wyatt-Reigns feud which we have already seen for 1/3 of 2015! :shrug:

On last night's episode of Raw, in the closing moments after Reigns successfully defended the title against Sheamus, Vince shook things up a little bit by declaring that, essentially, Reigns will be defending the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in the Royal Rumble match itself. So, for only the 2nd time in history, the winner of the Royal Rumble will become WWE Champion and it'll also be the first time the title has been "defended" as there's currently a sitting champion.

On one hand, this is interesting as the Royal Rumble for the past few years has produced endings that the fans haven't exactly embraced. Also, the twist of the winner getting a title shot at WrestleMania has gotten more than a bit stale so it's nice to see things shaken up. On the other hand, this could be another way of further cementing Reigns as a top guy and give him back to back Rumble wins. The Royal Rumble will be held in Orlando, Florida this year and Reigns is a Florida boy; Reigns has also come a long way in the past 12 months in winning over fans yet, at the same time, Orlando fans can be pretty damn smarky so having Reigns retain the title in this particular match could be something of a gamble. For all we know, however, plans for the title may have changed and Reigns won't be heading into WrestleMania as champion; if the idea is for Reigns to take on Triple H at WrestleMania, then Trips returning to help screw Reigns out of the title at the Rumble is a logical way to set up the match.

I expect Royal Rumble match winner and eventually WWE World Heavyweight Champion to be "The Game" Triple H!
He hasnot been seen on main roster since he was brutally assaulted by Roman Reigns at TLC PPV (Yes, He was present at NxT Takeover London though). So what i am expecting is Triple H entering the Royal Rumble at #30 and eliminate Reigns with some help to become the new Champ and then Triple H faces Reigns in a rematch at Wrestlemania 32 where Reigns goes over and becomes a 3-time WWE World Heavyweight Champion!
By the way, I would be too happy if WWE uses Out Of Box thinking by crowning either Bray Wyatt or Dean Ambrose as the WWE Champ! :rolleyes:

Count me in the camp of people who aren't exactly fans of this announcement in the early going.

Each year there are only five or six guys who could realistically win the Rumble and go on to challenge for the biggest prize in the game. This stipulation seemingly cuts that number down to just two or three in Reigns, Triple H and Lesnar, maybe Cena if their post show stare down goes anywhere.

I admit that it is a different idea and I give WWE creative credit for trying something new, but even as a Reigns fan, I'm not a fan of this idea.

I totally agree with Yaz. It definitely cuts the number down say from 5 or 6 to 2 or 3. People that though Kevin Owens had any chance of winning is almost 100% off the table. Could WWE go into WM 32 with Owens as champion? Could you go into Mania without anyone not named Cena, Lesnar or Reigns? HHH could do it but I doubt they throw the title on him at this stage in his career. Bray Wyatt could do it but I'm not sure that's what WWE is looking at. The main selling point for Ambrose as champion at Mania would be him going up against Reigns and unless Ambrose does a sudden heel turn it can't happen. Reigns is already tied up with the Authoirty.

Only other people I think could take the title is Daniel Bryan or The Rock. Rock being part time and in a movie role at the moment makes that tough to do. I'm having serious doubts on a Daniel Bryan return as well so they are really only wishful ideas. No Randy Orton and Seth Rollins really hurts the Rumble match. Also having the Rumble match itself for the title makes the whole PPV quite tough. You would think that you cant have as many jobbers in this match because it needs to have stronger competitors as it's the highest prize in the WWE. If you have the Social Outcasts all in the match instead of Owens, Ambrose, Del Rio and Cena then what is that saying for the WWE title. So in saying that, it hurts the rest of the card because people are either going to have to double up or you just don't have an IC title match or a US match.

I think WWE have been very clever with this.

The last couple of years the Rumble winner has had a bad reaction but it was set that they were in the main event of Wrestlemania, and on forums such as this, the main event was already being put down two months before the event.

With this tactic, WWE keep the main event a mystery. Can judge the reaction from the rumble win, whoever they have in mind (my money is on Reigns), and can plan ahead from there. Slightly unchartered waters leading into Wrestlemania as they is no clear plan who the main event will be. Everyone has their ideas, and yes Reigns is probably an odds on favourite to be involved but keeps me interested for the next few months anyway.

I've got to give credit to WWE for getting me interested in what will happen going forward

I can't be the only one worried that they will have reigns or triple h win the rumble.... Rumble is sacred and is for creating new stars not for 46 year olds or a guy you already spent 2 years building... Btw if they want to have the fued they could save everyone time and just have triple h attack reigns and say blah blah blah COO BLAH BLAH DONT TOUCH MY FAMILY BLAH I TAKE TITLE... Then reigns kicks out of 2 pedigrees and does spear and wins... BOOM Saved you guys 4 months

Had to comment because I absolutely love this post. Not for it's solution, that's just idiotic. How does Ambrose get eliminated and then come back to eliminate Reigns??

I love this post because it is a great example of some of the IWC. A very small amount, but people who just want certain stuff to happen that makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

Genius!!!

It's a different idea, let's go with it. But to make it work, WWE should really get as many big guns involved as possible. Reigns, Cena, Sheamus, del Rio, Jericho, bring back Bryan, Lesnar, the Undertaker - all current or former WWE Champions. Reduce the amount of jobbers (bet they are wishing they weren't so quick to announce Curtis Axel now!) Certainly reduce the amount of pointless entries, by which I mean the ones that don't even last 90 seconds (I hate them personally, the best Rumbles tend to be the ones which are well paced)

If Triple H is involved, DONT make him #30; in fact it should be a long time before anyone #30 or numbers 1-5 wins the match, as it happens too often.

An interesting angle would be to book Reigns to enter early and be eliminated fairly early on (like Randy Savage, reigning WWE Champion at the time, in 1989), then it becomes a lot less predictable, which is the single biggest problem with Rumble matches since about 1995

I like it just for the novelty of it. It could be done really well, and I like the element of unknown in terms of how it will affect Wrestlemania 32. In a way they're almost sacrificing the Royal Rumble as a means to create even more intrigue for Mania.

This could also go very poorly. Having HHH enter at #30 and win would be bad. Having Reigns enter at 1 and retain would be bad. Because both those storylines would be predictably boring.

As many people have said, you also need to make sure the match has enough credible names in it. It can't be who we have now plus 20 mid-carders. It needs to have former champs to make it more believable (Sheamus, Del Rio, Cena, Lesnar, hell, even Undertaker and Kane). By using these big names in that way, you can create your feuds heading into Mania. If Lesnar doesn't win...who eliminates him? There's your feud. I'm hoping it's the Wyatts. But only if they let Bray go over Lesnar at Mania. But that's a different topic for a different day.

Holy SHIT, man.

For the first time since I can remember, the WWE has forced me to NEED to see this PPV. I NEED to see how this happens, the way they do this.

Super intruiging, and interesting that no one, not even rebellion era Austin faced such uphill battles and odds as having to defend the belt in the Rumble.

Great call by WWE. So pumped for this.

Not sure how everyone feels about Roman Reigns defending his title in the Rumble itself, but I actually embrace the change. I can actually see Triple H making his return in either making sure Reigns loses the title and this leads to a later matchup between the two or Reigns goes over in the RR with someone stepping in and Reigns behalf and making sure The Authority fail again. With Reigns getting the better of the Authority over the last few weeks I can only it's a matter of time before they finally get it right. If the Authority truly wanted to stack the odds against RR, they'll have him enter first.

I guess one of the possibilities here is who would win the belt if it boiled down to Reigns losing it? I feel if there's going to be a future Triple H/Reigns match then I hope the title isn't involved or around either one of their waist. I might note that Bray Wyatt looked dominant in the RR last year and feel it's important that he looks dominant here. I feel if it came down as him and Sheamus eliminating one or the other or each other that it's a good option launching pad for a feud. Wyatt Family made it clear last night that their presence will be in the RR.

The best thing about this RR is there's an opportunity here for WWE to instantly give credibility to whomever. While I'm not a huge Wyatt fan, I believe he is the most unique character on this roster and that this is a better moment than ever to catapult Bray - elevate them. I'd have this come down to Wyatt's and Lesnar with Wyatt going over. If anyone needs to go over big this year it's Wyatt.

This sets up the title scene with Wyatt vs Lesnar, gets title away from Reigns/Triple H and sets up a match between those two.

Thoughts?

Two problems. Firstly it's too early for Reigns to lose the title. Secondly, how lame would it be if he retains? The first title Rumble match since 1992 and I feel something monumental should happen. You can stack the odds against Reigns as much as you like, but he doesn't have the reputation for him to win and it be monumental.

I can see SO many ways they could tell this story, and the ability to make it an all out rollercoaster ride.

I imagine a scenario were some babyfaces (Cena among them) gang up to help Reigns make it to the end, trying to fight off all comes, and have a rightful, fitting end.

Then I can also see Lesnar and Triple H coming in at 25 and 30. Lesnar gets bullshit eliminated to start his WM feud, and Triple H tosses Reigns corpse over the ropes to take the belt, and we head towards the Mania blowoff.

I actually consider this a nice move.

It's different, new, and it arguably makes the outcome less predictable. A week ago a lot of people had their money on Lesnar or Helmsley and now there's a whole array of different options. Reigns retaining while likely from how they want to push him, is not my preferred outcome at this stage though. I'd really like to see them pull the trigger on an unexpected guy, just for the surprise factor.

I'm also looking forward to finding out how the Mania no.1 contender will be determined. Is that the February main event?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back