Royal Rumble 2016: Intercontinental Championship LMS - Ambrose (c) VS Owens

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by Jack-Hammer, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

It's been announced on SmackDown that Ambrose will face off against Kevin Owens at the Royal Rumble ppv in a Last Man Standing match for the Intercontinental Championship.

Considering their various brawls, I think this is a hard hitting, physical match with the Last Man Standing stipulation is a good way to end the feud before, hopefully, Owens moves on up the card a bit. There's little chance of Owens regaining the title, which I think is a good idea as hot potato runs don't do titles or champs much good, this is still one of those matches that, like this feud as a whole, can do well to elevate both men involved. I could see Owens being built up over the WrestleMania season and into the post season as a potential challenge for the WWE Championship, being especially viable sometime during the summer.

2. Khalifa

Khalifa Where it at doe?

So does that mean both Ambrose and Owens aren't in the Rumble match? If it wasn't a last man standing match then I could believe they could double up but I don't see the point to throw in both Ambrose and Owens into the Rumble match just for name power now. Nobody will believe they could win. Although it would be a good opportunity for to create possibly Lesnar v2 by have Owens (or Ambrose) winning the LMS and then the Rumble match.

Going to be a good match regardless. We get two awesome wrestlers that have no boundaries for an IC title match. What more could you ask for. I expect Ambrose to come out on top here for a couple of reasons. 1) I don't see WWE doing a switch dance with the IC title between these guys. Both guys can be in the main event and that is a big point considering to me the feud is not about the IC title anymore so why just give them statistics. 2) Owens has come out a few times and said he would like to face Brock. In kayfabe maybe his sights aren't on the IC title or Ambrose but more to make a statement to Brock. In reality WWE could just be getting ready for a Owens vs Lesnar match.

Again bit sad that it now makes these guys have an almost impossible chance at winning the Rumble (not that it matters to me because I didn't see any winning but just to give that wow this could happen) but I know it'll be an awesome match.

3. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

The Rumble always had two main event matches with one being the World Ttitle match and the other being the Rumble match. Now that World Title + Rumble = One, this match will do a great job to serve as the second main event of the night. That's why I also believe the Last Man Standing stipulation was added.

On to the match, I expect Dean Ambrose to go over and move on to his Wrestlemania feud. Owens will put an impressive showing, but he will have to lose in order to wrap this feud. Then he can move up the card a bit and be in the upper mid card position at Wrestlemania. With Cena out, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up facing The Deadman himself, or the Beast Incarnate, so, for that to happen he needs to be away from the Intercontinental Championship picture.

4. Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Jeff Deliverer of Mail Join WZCW because writing is hip
    E-Fed Mod

This could be the show stealer for sure. Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose are going to get proper time to have a long, hard hitting match. There should be a decent hardcore spot or two.

5. HORRORHOLIC

HORRORHOLIC Pre-Show Stalwart

I'm really looking forward to this match. I'm a huge fan of both guys and it should be a good one.

6. Prince Vee

Prince Vee Better than I think I am

I see this match stipulation as a perfect one for the Royal Rumble PPV considering the Royal Rumble match which will follow later. Dean Ambrose being the one amongst the 29 others to challenge Roman Reigns inside the Royal Rumble match might can alter the match stage setup and cheers that Roman will have. I reckon this is the good decision to keep Ambrose away from the Rumble match itself.

Talking about Kevin Owens push to the main event level, in my verdict, he should either win the title or it should be a double countout. If Kevin Owens is going to feud with someone as monstrous as Brock Lesnar in the near future, it'll be an asinine decision for him to lay back on the match for the count of 10! Let him win and perhaps make some change for plans for Dean Ambrose and no chances for the match to be less entertaining to any point.

7. kadroan

kadroan King Of The Ring

This should be a great match. I got Owens with the win. WWE seems to have big plans for him, he can't afford a loss. Meanwhile, Ambrose can.

8. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

Yeah, neither man can enter The Rumble after such an arduous match. Then again, this is a no sell era, so I don't think it'll make much difference.

9. Good Golly It's Ollie

Good Golly It's Ollie Magical Girl

I like that it's Last Man Standing over the IC belt. Makes it feel like a big deal, & the storyline vitriol between Owens & Ambrose has reached the point where this kind of match feels justified.

Liking this feud a lot, expecting this to be the blowoff. Hopefully as others have said neither enters the Rumble simply because if they do it'll undersell the entire concept of Last Man Standing.

10. ShinChan

ShinChan Gone. For. Good.

I have been loving this feud over Intercontinental Title between Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens. I love these both guys. And their pairing has been awesome. Its like an extreme feud which i am liking alot. They both fight each other in a very natural way as if this is something real & personal.
    So i hope Ambrose wins this feud by defeating Owens so that Owens can move up to main event. By the way, this feud has seriously elevated the Intercontinental Title to #2 behind the WWE WHC but ahead of US Title which is incredible. :rolleyes:

:devil:

11. Sexcellence of Sexecution

Since the World Title is on the line in the Rumble, this will be the big one-on-one championship match that precedes it, which I think is a great idea. The Royal Rumble has seen it's fair share of intense gimmick mtches over the years like the Triple H/Cactus Jack Street Fight and the Triple H/HBK Last Man Standing, and this match follows in that tradition. This deifnitely elevates the status of the Intercontinental Title, because it's going to come off as a main event level match wth two guys killing themselves to walk out ith the belt. It's a real feud for the belt which is exactly what the IC Title needs.

12. Hyorinmaru

Hyorinmaru Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
    E-Fed Mod

I can't remember the last time the IC title had an actual feud with a legitimate feud ending gimmick match at a PPV and I love it.

With what I've seen on Raw since Dean won the title I'm expecting a hard hitting extremely physical match between these 2. I'm going on record and saying one of these men if not both is getting busted open the hard way at some point in this match.

I'm hoping Dean retains and Owens gets moved up the card and we get the Undertaker/Kevin Owens match I read about.

13. OYDK

OYDK King Of The Ring

Since they made this a LMS match, I'm a little iffy on if Ambrose actually wins this thing. Originally, I had thought that Ambrose would beat Owens in some screwy sort of way before Owens moved on to a bigger feud heading into Mania, but now, I can't see Owens losing a LMS match, and definitely not to Ambrose. So, unless I'm missing something, I don't see a logical way in which Owens doesn't win this match. But personally, I think that's just stupid.

Owens is ready for a big feud at Mania, while the IC title would be a nice way to keep up Ambrose's stock heading into Mania. I see no reason for why Owens should win the title back at the Rumble,