Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Basic Guidelines:
  1. Second round matches are conducted under tornado tag rules - all participants are legal, all the time.
  2. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  3. Strictly no alts.

15wl5zd.jpg

Match Seven
BROCK LESNAR & REY MYSTERIO
"The Next Big & Little Things"
vs.
JOHN CENA & HULK HOGAN
"We Sell Merchandise, Not Moves"

In what promises to be one of the toughest matches for both of these teams, Hulk Hogan and John Cena take on Brock Lesnar and Rey Mysterio.​

This one has to be a little tough to judge.

From one perspective we have the destroyer so to say in Brock Lesnar. He has defeated John Cena before, as well as ripped apart numerous big names, like Undertaker and The Rock to just name two. He dominated during his time. Also of course you can't discredit the fact that he's partnering with Mr overcome the odds Mysterio. Both of them will have no problem excelling in this match, and could probably make quite a team.

But on the other hand, we have John Cena and Hulk Hogan. The immortal ones so to say. The unbeatable two. John Cena and Hulk Hogan has the hulking up to do, the no-selling. They're pretty much the odds on favorite to win this entire tournament to be honest. They'd find a way to put down Brock and Rey Mysterio.

And ultimately I believe John Cena and Hulk Hogan has to win this one. They're known for winning the majority of their matches, especially big matches. Why not this one then?

This is a pretty good matchup On one team you have Brock Lesnar who was very Dominate and rarely lost any matches with Rey Mysterio who very often overcomes the odds.

The other team consists of Two of the biggest Draws in wrestling history Hogan & Cena. Hogan rarely lost matches and neither does Cena. This is a Big match Hogan & Cena rarely lose big Matches.

Prediction:We Sell Merchandise Not Moves Wins

I have to go with Lesnar and Mysterio here.

Why, I hear you say?

Well, I am of the opinion, that in this match, John Cena and Hulk Hogan would struggle to contend with Brock Lesnar and Rey Mysterio.

Let me get this out of the way first, Hulk Hogan and John Cena have done a great deal for the wrestling business but is that enough to make them go over here? Bare in mind that we are not having this match in the WWE, what you have done for the company gets you nowhere on here. Without their influence, I would say that Mysterio and Lesnar have more than enough to put Hogan and Cena in their place.

Lesnar is a beast! There is simply no getting around that fact. He is a dangerous individual and is as strong as an ox. He beat Cena before and even injured him. The man is unstoppable and is as fit as a fiddle. Rey Mysterio is also the man in this match, that I believe has the legs to go the distance in this match. With Tornado Tag rules, you are constantly in the match and Rey Mysterio has to hold the advantage in that department. I don’t think Hogan has the cardio to go through a match like that with Lesnar and Mysterio.

The other thing is, that Cena and Hogan seem to crave order with their matches. Rey Mysterio and Brock Lesnar have had their fair share of extreme matches and have always come out smiling on the other side. I am not saying that Hogan and Cena haven’t. However, I just think Lesnar and Mysterio would take this one.

Let me get this out of the way first, Hulk Hogan and John Cena have done a great deal for the wrestling business but is that enough to make them go over here? Bare in mind that we are not having this match in the WWE, what you have done for the company gets you nowhere on here. Without their influence, I would say that Mysterio and Lesnar have more than enough to put Hogan and Cena in their place.

That's just silly logic that I don't understand in the slightest. Don't really see where you're going with this at all. Cena and Hogan were only successful because of the WWE, I assume? Nonetheless, very silly.

It's Hogan/Cena easily here. First of all, it's about time Hogan won something in one of these fucking tourneys, since he's the greaters wrestler ever. Cena isn't too shabby hiself. Anytime you have 2 of the biggest stars ever who are kayfabe monsters and who would get along just fine, I'm sure, I don't see how anyone could beat them

I will have to go with Lesner and whoever he's partnered with lol (Rey Mysterio)

Lesner is one of the most gifted athletes to ever grace a pro wrestling ring and if this match was about wrestling instead of who can sell the most t-shirts Lesners team would win, and Rey can fly around the ring to make sure no one breaks up a move or a pinfall.

Cena/Hogan takes this easily here. Mysterio is obviously the weak link here b/c even though he's supposed to overcome the odds. Isn't that what Cena and Hogan do on a daily basis? Lesnar did annihilate Hogan and Lesnar did beat Cena but not modern day Cena. Lesnar's the same as Batista basically and Cena owned the Animal. Mysterio has no chance against Cena or Hogan. So I think an Attitude Adjustment that counters the 619 ends it here.

That's just silly logic that I don't understand in the slightest. Don't really see where you're going with this at all. Cena and Hogan were only successful because of the WWE, I assume? Nonetheless, very silly.

No, what I am saying is that, if it had not been for their influence in the wrestling business, people would not be taking them to be such legitimate contenders here.

Let's face it, both Hogan and Cena lack the technical attributes that Lesnar and Mysterio share between them. Cena and Hogan became found a gimmick that worked for them and it plastered over the cracks that were evident in their in-ring wrestling careers.

Are you telling me that John Cena would have beaten Brock Lesnar in a match that took place outside of the WWE? The WWE have made Cena what he is. In any other promotion in the world, Lesnar would trounce him.

I went with John Cena and Hulk Hogan here. On the same team, we have the greatest name in the history of professional wrestling, and his tag team partner, Hulk Hogan. OK, I'm kidding, but in all seriousness, Hogan, whether you love(d) him or hate(d) him, he is easily the biggest name in pro wrestling history. Not a mat technician by any means but he didn't have to be. Neither does his partner, Mr. Cena, who I think is better in the ring than he gets credit for but even if you don't believe this, there's no arguing his place in today's professional wrestling era. In an interesting blend of yesterday and today, Cena and Hogan make a formidable team.

Lesnar made a huge impact on the world of professional wrestling, but in the grand scheme of things his tenure was very short. If he had stuck around, he possibly could have been right up there with the best of all time too, but the fact of the matter is, he didn't stick around. Team him up with Mysterio, who I am not a fan of despite his many accolades, and we have a team who is good, but not great, not legendary.

WINNERS: JOHN CENA AND HULK HOGAN

Hogan and Cena by a mile. I love Lesnar but Mysterio will be the downfall of that team. Technical ability means jack shit here. Cena and Hogan combined are by far the more successful guys and there wouldn't be any chemistry issues either so I see no legitimate argument to vote against them here.

The beasts and Rey Mysterio, interesting match up. As much as I want to vote for Lesnar/Mysterio there is just no way I can. Cena and Hogan are the supermen of today and yesteryear, a very formidable tag team. Cena and Hogan would be able to switch on and off on Lesnar and whoever wasn't preoccupied with Lesnar would defeat Mysterio. The real show will begin after the loss when Lesnar goes ballistic on Mysterio for getting pinned. Good shit.

No, what I am saying is that, if it had not been for their influence in the wrestling business, people would not be taking them to be such legitimate contenders here.

Let's face it, both Hogan and Cena lack the technical attributes that Lesnar and Mysterio share between them. Cena and Hogan became found a gimmick that worked for them and it plastered over the cracks that were evident in their in-ring wrestling careers.

Are you telling me that John Cena would have beaten Brock Lesnar in a match that took place outside of the WWE? The WWE have made Cena what he is. In any other promotion in the world, Lesnar would trounce him.

Isn't having an influence on the wrestling business what pro wrestling is all about? I don't get it. Sure, Brock Lesnar would beat Cena is a legit MMA fight, but so what? Cena has become one of the top 10 wrestlers ever, no doubt. Regardless of how he got there or how where his wrestling skills may be slightly lacking, that's more than 99.9% of all wrestlers have ever done.

I voted for Brock Lesnar and Rey Mysterio because I enjoyed this team. I mean you got the power and technical wrestler with the agile and quick little guy. It's not a bad combination but then you got them facing the unbeatable and immortal John Cena and Hulk Hogan. Which isn't bad but it just makes things look like no one is or going to beat them. If we had the WWE Brock with a little UFC Brock with WCW Rey then I say that this would be a match to watch with no idea who is going to win. I figure everyone would be voting for Hulk and Cena anyways.!! I just got to go with my boy Rey win or lose this would be a great tag match.

WHOA this is going on? I had no idea until we decided to not bury it in a sub sub sub forum!!

Anyway, you could make a team of every wrestler who has ever wrestled, and put them all in a handi cap match against these two, and they would be not only beaten, but soundly. Shit, in fact lets send the military home from the two wars, and just send this tag team in to finish buisness.

In all seriousness, there is zero reason why any combination should be able to hold a candle to this one, in any facet of wrestling you would like to discuss.

Hogan - Cena FTW

Reactions: gd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo