Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round Three...

gFpBI9Z.png

Stage: Kaer Morhen

Due to a technicality in round two, both Link and Big Boss have advanced to round three to face off against Wolverine, the winner of a round two match against Undertaker. For the first time in BattleZone history we have ourselves a triple threat match! Big Boss, Link, and Wolverine enter into an all out brawl hosted at Kaer Morhen, the keep where Witchers are trained in the School of the Wolf. With high stone walls, massive halls, and training grounds for all manner of skills, there will be plenty of room for these three soldiers to put on a hell of a fight. But who will win, the spy, the swordsman, or the human-weapon?

FIGHT!

Not that I'm complaining, but why did Big Boss go through?

Anyway, my shaky understanding of Wolverine is that he's basically unkillable with conventional weapons. Link can to literal shit all, and the best Big Boss could hope for would be to spray Wolverine with tranquilizer ammo until he passes out, which seems unlikely.

Wolverine wins easily.

The details are in the discussion thread, but basically there was some controversy so we decided to make it a triple threat.

I'm still pulling for Big Boss. I don't see why he can't wait for Link and Wolverine to tear each other apart and then use stun and sleep grenades and tranquilizers to KO from afar. I think it's a long shot, yes, but I don't think it's impossible.

Because Link and Wolverine tearing each other apart results in a dead Link and an unaffected Wolverine. Swords, bows and boomerangs don't work on him. The man walks through fire and out of explosions (of the atomic variety). I can think of literally nothing in Link's arsenal that would have any effect.

According to Wikipedia, tranquilizing Wolverine required basically putting him on a continuous cathar drip of the stuff. You're right, it's a long shot - and I can't see why you'd vote for a long shot over an extremely probable think.

I know next to nothing about Big Boss. But Wolverine isn't totally unkillable. He's still vulnerable to magic. And if you can cut his head off, he'll go down. You still have to cut through that adamantium neck of his. The question is, can the Master Sword do that? Probably not. But if Link wears the Fierce Deity Mask, the game changes. Can Adamantium block the blade of a god?

The Master Sword can't cut through conventional armour, let alone Adamantium. The Fierce Deity mask can't cut through Odolwa's shield, so it can't decapitate Wolverine.

#MasterSwordCan'tCutSteelBeams

People forget that the Master Sword isn't even the best sword in the game.

OOT: Biggoron's sword.
LTTP: Golden Sword.
Oracles: Ultimate Sword.

Please don't use the Master Sword argument as you're wrong with that.

Harry Potter goes into battle with a holly and phoenix feather wand, not the vine wood and dragon heartstring one he borrows in the final book. Link should have the sword that Link always gets, not one that makes a cameo at the end of only one game.

That being said: at least two of those definitely can't cut through armour (I've never played Oracles, but probably three) and one of them would break in half upon trying to cut off Wolverine's head.

Harry Potter goes into battle with a holly and phoenix feather wand, not the vine wood and dragon heartstring one he borrows in the final book. Link should have the sword that Link always gets, not one that makes a cameo at the end of only one game.

That being said: at least two of those definitely can't cut through armour (I've never played Oracles, but probably three) and one of them would break in half upon trying to cut off Wolverine's head.

I was directing it to Link defenders, there are aguments to be made but the Master Sword is not one.

Big Boss is the worst of the three when it comes down to close hand to hand battles. I would think Big Boss would try and take cover and spray both Wolverine and Link, but the tactic won't last and both Link and Wolverine will take out the bullet producing Boss before focussing attack on each other.

After a long fight leaving Link in bloody tatters, Link uses a charged Master Sword slash to cut Wolverine in half and a bomb to his top half while he tries to crawl away. Link holds him in place with his grappling hook. Wolverine doesn't die but is out of action to call an official K.O.

Link has tackled bosses way harder than these two.

Vote Link.

As established fewer than 50 words ago, Link's sword can't cut Wolverine in half. His bones are coated in an almost indestructible metal, and Link's sword can't cut regular metal. Whilst I despise this line of argument: Wolverine can walk off an atomic bomb blast.

Big Boss is the worst of the three when it comes down to close hand to hand battles.

Okay, I just want to say that this is factually incorrect. He is a master of CQC. He defeated the inventor of CQC. He can use it to disarm, to choke, to snap necks, and to throw to the ground. He is quick, powerful, and tenacious. His grip is like a pitbull. Like, if you take one thing from Big Boss's portrayal in all the games, it's that he's a master of close-quarters combat.

I think Gelgarin has a point, as loathe as I am to say that Wolverine can just take it. I'm sure given time I can wrangle an argument that Big Boss can fulton his opponents when they aren't expecting it, but I think Wolverine is far less likely to fall for that than Link.

Wolverine has the metal claw advantage, but Big Boss can at least take out Link, and handily, but I've already made all my arguments in that thread.

Big Boss is the worst of the three when it comes down to close hand to hand battles. I would think Big Boss would try and take cover and spray both Wolverine and Link, but the tactic won't last and both Link and Wolverine will take out the bullet producing Boss before focussing attack on each other.

After a long fight leaving Link in bloody tatters, Link uses a charged Master Sword slash to cut Wolverine in half and a bomb to his top half while he tries to crawl away. Link holds him in place with his grappling hook. Wolverine doesn't die but is out of action to call an official K.O.

Link has tackled bosses way harder than these two.

Vote Link.

It's already been established that there's no way Link's Master Sword can cut through Adamantium. It's failed to cut through other metals, and no metal is as strong as Adamantium.

I could see this fight playing out many different ways, but they all end with Wolverine standing tall. I could see Wolverine teaming up with Big Boss to take out Link as they both has experience with special ops and could agree that Link's magic poses an unknown threat worth eliminating early. I could see Wolverine teaming up with Link because Big Boss is the most malicious fighter in this battle, and teaming up can spare them both from dealing with the nasty tricks Big Boss inevitably has up his sleeve. And I can see Link and Big Boss teaming up to take on the guy that has razorsharp claws poking out of his hand and doesn't seem to be even the slightest bit bothered by it.

Worst case scenario: Link and Big Boss double team Wolverine. Link would take on the close quarters combat, Big Boss would fire at Wolverine from long range. Two possible outcomes:

First, the less likely outcome in my estimation: Link is able to keep Wolverine distracted by playing careful defense and avoiding being disarmed by Wolverine. While doing this, Big Boss lines up a shot with his most powerful gun and shoots Wolverine in the head, knocking him unconscious. He then immediately shoots Link in the back of the head with a quick draw pistol or SMG shot. Assuming Wolverine doesn't recover in that short period of time (which is possible), that leaves Big Boss the winner.

But the far more likely outcome is Wolverine destroys Link with his superior close combat skills (he knows several forms of martial arts and has defeated swordsmen far more qualified than Link. Big Boss would have to start spraying fire at Wolverine, but that would do little to stop Weapon X from charging down Big Boss and clawing him to pieces.

The other two options aren't even worth explaining. A team-up including Wolverine would make short work of either Big Boss or Link, and Wolverine will win in a one on one fight. He has the durability to withstand any of the weapons Big Boss has or the magic Link has, and he is a far superior close combat fight than either of them.

I'm going with Wolverine in this one folks.

Only big boss I knew was Big Boss Man, and maybe the Bruce Lee movie. Despite the legend status of Link, I can't pick against Wolverine. Even without his infused skeleton, the guy doesn't have an off switch. If he goes into berserker mode, game over.

Could somebody provide proof where it says that any of Links giant bosses are using regular steel armour? Or if there's mention that his Magical Master Sword can't cut regular metal and what kind of metal that was present in Links fantasy world?

Could somebody provide proof where it says that any of Links giant bosses are using regular steel armour? Or if there's mention that his Magical Master Sword can't cut regular metal and what kind of metal that was present in Links fantasy world?
I think it was Oot that had those big guys in metal armor where you had to break the armor off piece by piece before you can kill them. It stands to reason if the Master Sword could cut through metal all the bullshit wouldn't be necessary. It is necessary because it can't. I'm sure there are others by I'll let those more versed in Zelda lore than I am to name them.

I'm voting for Wolverine btw. I was going to before this became a Triple threat. I don't know much about Big Boss but I don't see how he will be able to counteract Wolverine's healing ability. It'll be a hell of a fight between all 3 of these men by in the end it will be Wolverine standing tall atop the bodies of both Link & Big Boss.

I think it was Oot that had those big guys in metal armor where you had to break the armor off piece by piece before you can kill them. It stands to reason if the Master Sword could cut through metal all the bullshit wouldn't be necessary. It is necessary because it can't. I'm sure there are others by I'll let those more versed in Zelda lore than I am to name them.

I think you are referring to Iron Knuckle's or Dark Nut's. They are big slow lumbering guys, who when hit go after Link. As they loose their armour they move faster. Iron Knuckle's have a huge axe which does major damage to Link if they hit him. Dark Nut's have a sword and shield.

In response to Jeff question. The only thing I know about the Master Sword is that it repels evil as it is inhabited by the soul of Fi the Goddess. In one of the games it is known as the Skyward Sword. Now I'm braindead for the night.

I think you are referring to Iron Knuckle's or Dark Nut's. They are big slow lumbering guys, who when hit go after Link. As they loose their armour they move faster. Iron Knuckle's have a huge axe which does major damage to Link if they hit him. Dark Nut's have a sword and shield.

In response to Jeff question. The only thing I know about the Master Sword is that it repels evil as it is inhabited by the soul of Fi the Goddess. In one of the games it is known as the Skyward Sword. Now I'm braindead for the night.

These armour plates are made from the same metal as Wolverines meaning the Master Sword can cut through the fantasy metal in Wolverines fantasy domain as much as the fantasy metal used in Zelda games that go under different names in that fantasy world.

Vote Link, because he can cut through anything.

Honestly I'm pulling for Big Boss in this one. I was all about Link before, but this is the type of battle where a strategist would have my vote.

Wolverine doesn't have a one track mind, he has a one rail mind. When it comes to planning for a fight, he just figures that he'll roar with fury and slash apart whatever's in front of him.

Link is borderline brain damaged. You'd think that after dealing with all he's had to deal with, things wouldn't shock him. But no, things shock him a lot. He does his "Oh my god!" face when confronted with a boss battle. He typically prevails, but mainly because those bosses flaunt their weaknesses or are terribly vulnerable to one particular item.

Big Boss finds himself taking on two opponents who are insanely powerful in their own right, and who both suffer from power induced stupidity. He has the ability to cloak until he's practically one with the scenery, and he can hold his breath for an obscenely long amount of time.

Wolverine has survived a hell of a lot, and his healing power would be unknown to Link. Link is one resilient mother fucker, and his fairy in a bottle that can resurrect him would be unknown to Wolverine.

Here's how I see this fight playing out:

Big Boss knows that he'll be easy pickings if he engages either opponent as he'll be vulnerable to a flank, so he lays low and observes. He already knows Link well enough, having suffered a draw against him. Big Boss is wise enough at this point to know that any future opponents require a double tap, even if they took a head shot.

Link and Wolverine encounter each other, neither man at all concerned with the absence of their other opponent. Wolverine's claws deflect off of the Hylian shield, leaving Wolverine prone to a thrust through the rib cage by the Master Sword. Wolverine goes down with the Master Sword embedded in his chest. Link approaches to pull the sword, and his head erupts from Big Boss' sniper bullet. Link resurrects, Wolverine takes cover in a weakened state and removes the Master Sword from his chest. Automatic fire suddenly distracts both men, keeping Wolverine and Link pinned down. The bullets stop coming after only a few seconds. Link takes cover with the Hylian shield and charges toward where the gunfire was coming from, only to step on a claymore mine and become pieces of his former self. Wolverine charges with claws out to the gun nest, while the rank flesh of pieces of Link that scatter the area cause his sense of smell to become distracted. He finds a mounted assault rifle which was rigged to fire until the expanded clip had expired. While in a brief state of confusion, a knife is raked across his eyes by Big Boss from behind. Wolverine takes a knee and swipes his claws wildly around him, needing to take a few moments for his eyes to heal. A flash bang goes off next to Wolverine, causing him to hear only a low tone. Wolverine panics, and freezes in place.

Big Boss shoots Wolverine in the eye at point blank range, and jams another flash-bang into his eye socket before taking cover.

Vote Big Boss.

These armour plates are made from the same metal as Wolverines meaning the Master Sword can cut through the fantasy metal in Wolverines fantasy domain as much as the fantasy metal used in Zelda games that go under different names in that fantasy world.

Vote Link, because he can cut through anything.
No he can't. The armor doesn't fall off because he cuts through it. It falls off (in one piece) because it took to much damage.

I don't care if you vote for Link just don't do it using things that aren't true as your reasoning.

Link and Logan would probably fight first as Link walks around the dark and damp halls like he has grown accustomed to in his dungeon days. He meets up with a terrible foe who wont go down easily. During the fight, Boss watches & learns. When Wolverine finally impales Link, Boss puts his plan in action. Not wanting to fight him head on, he tosses a few stun grenades & gets in close not realizing his claws are part of a coated skeletal system. His attacks are useless & Wolverine is now pissed.

Boss gets to see what his own guts look like & Logan goes to find the next challenge.

Wolverine once regenerated from a single drop of blood. Just wanted to put that out there. Link's sword won't be able to cut through Wolverine's adamantium skeleton but the claws of James Howlett would slice right through Link.

As for Big Boss, as talented as he is, he won't be able to keep up with Wolverine and a long range assault will only work for so long....Wolverine wins.

Vote Wolverine.

There's only a small number of people in this whole tourney who can beat Wolverine and neither of these guys are among that number. Link is ultimately just a guy with a sword and Big Boss is a guy with a lot of guns. All three of these guys are great combatants, the problem is that Wolverine can take anything they can dish out and keep coming with a smile whereas all Wolverine really needs is one good strike with his claws to take them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back