Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One...

pV7Oen3.png

Talk about a match of heavy hitters! The adamantium-imbued mutant Wolverine takes on the vampiric vampire hunter, Blade! Two Marvel powerhouses meet head on, and it's only the first round of the BattleZone!

FIGHT!

I'll take a heavily damaged Wolverine for the win, his self healing will repair all the sword slashes. Blade doesn't have the same luxury and will end up ripped to shreds until he loses all his limbs.

Don't get it twisted, Blade is a straight up badass. Enhanced speed, strength, durability, stamina, and healing. Not like Wolverine, but he can regenerate and heal in a period of 24 hours.

Wolverine is a different animal altogether though. His strength, speed, stamina, and durability far out class Blade's. So I think that Blade will undoubtedly put up a fight, but in the end, Wolverine would have fairly little trouble taking him out.

Wolverine takes this and it's not even close. From a physical standpoint, they're evenly matched in terms of strength, speed, agility and reflexes while Wolverine's stamina and his healing factor are ridiculously out there. If Wolverine can fully regenerate all his soft body tissue after having it disintegrated from his bones, which he has, then there's nothing Blade can dish out that he can't handle.

Wolverine takes this and it's not even close. From a physical standpoint, they're evenly matched in terms of strength, speed, agility and reflexes while Wolverine's stamina and his healing factor are ridiculously out there. If Wolverine can fully regenerate all his soft body tissue after having it disintegrated from his bones, which he has, then there's nothing Blade can dish out that he can't handle.

I'd like to point out that this doesn't have to be a fight to the death, just to incapacitation. Wolverine may ultimately be able to recover from whatever Blade throws at him, but that doesn't mean Blade can't KO him for the win.

As for who to vote for... I'm leaning towards Wolverine, but that's more because I don't know enough about Blade to imagine how Blade would be able to beat Wolverine (most of my Blade knowledge comes from the Wesley Snipes movies). A well constructed argument for Blade could tip the scales for me in this one.

I'd like to point out that this doesn't have to be a fight to the death, just to incapacitation. Wolverine may ultimately be able to recover from whatever Blade throws at him, but that doesn't mean Blade can't KO him for the win.

As for who to vote for... I'm leaning towards Wolverine, but that's more because I don't know enough about Blade to imagine how Blade would be able to beat Wolverine (most of my Blade knowledge comes from the Wesley Snipes movies). A well constructed argument for Blade could tip the scales for me in this one.

The Blade films portrayed him somewhat differently than in the comics, thereby causing the comics to adopt various aspects of the films. Blade's only power in the comics prior to the film coming out was an immunity to vampire bites whereas Marvel gave him all the various powers of a vampire with little to none of the weaknesses. In the comics, Blade is primarily a vampire hunter though he has experience dealing with various other supernatural beings.

Is it possible he could KO Wolverine? I suppose so but it's not all that likely really. When you factor in Wolverine going toe to toe with, fights to a standstill, sometimes winning and withstanding shots from heavyweights like the Hulk, Thing, Thor and Namor, it emphasizes just how out of Blade's league Wolverine is.

Blade has the capability to incapacitate Wolverine but if they were to meet repeatedly, I'd have to imagine Wolverine would win the vast majority of times. Blade's greatest weapon is his sword proficiency - unfortunately, he is taking on a guy trained in the arts of the Samurai who has faced the World's most proficient swordsmen and defeated them. To beat Wolverine, you have to incapacitate him which means basically hitting a killing blow because Logan will recover from any injury short of this very quickly. While Blade also can recover from superficial wounds quickly, his capability to recover is severely shy of his opponent's... and that's before we take into account an adamantium skeleton that would prevent the majority of attacks that might get through doing any notable damage.

Their physical skills and strengths may be similar but Logan's sheer ability to take punishment while handing it out trumps the Daywalker's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back