• Chun-Li

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One...

elTV9H5.png

These two Capcom characters don't have a lot in common other than their affinity for kicking ass. Chun-li learned to kick ass the old fashioned way by training her buns off. Wesker took a more modern scientific approach by injecting himself with a virus to give himself super powers. In a battle between ancient Chinese secrets or modern zombie secrets?

FIGHT!

This is a cakewalk for Wesker who just has the edge in powers, arsenal, martial ability, and ruthlessness to walk all over Chun Li.

This would be ugly as Wesker has the speed to match Chun Li if not overtake her in that category.

That has always been her biggest asset is her speed, and if someone can outpace her, well she has no chance. Wesker is a master martial artist in his own right, and is only enhanced tremendously by the prototype virus he injected himself with.

It's an absolute slaughter as Chun Li becomes food for Wesker's experiments.

I thought this might have been a victory for Wesker too, but I can recall some nasty feats from Chun Li in the SF anime. Like this one...

[youtube]T51U8uQFrQo[/youtube]

0:50-0:57 she decimates Bison with a large energy blast strong enough to leave a large crater in the ground. One that looks to be several meters deep and at 1:18 and 1:44 looks to be at least a kilometer across if not more.

Wesker is tough, but I would question whether or not he could survive a blast that intense head on. Chun Li took the full force of that blast head on, so I would also question whether or not Wesker would have enough power to put her down. Especially when Chun Li took Bison's even larger blast right after and didn't look injured.

From what I recall Wesker doesn't have that kind of raw power. His speed should be comparable to Chun Li's, if not greater, since he can dodge sniper rifle fire at point blank range and snatch rockets out of the air. Wesker is tough enough to survive being thrown into lava but that's nothing compared to Chun Li's Kikosho, which obliterated all the vegetation, rocks, and trees around her leaving a smoldering crater behind.

So this is where I'm at: clearly Chun Li has the power to kill Wesker, even with his regeneration. He's never survived an attack powerful enough to leave a kilometer sized crater into the ground. But is Chun Li fast enough to actually hit Wesker? The drawback is that she has to be right next to an opponent for the Kikosho to have a full affect.

Perhaps she could try and hit him with a weaker version of the attack to try and damage him enough to finish him with a full powered attack, but I don't see that happening. Without that attack Chun-Li should be somewhat comparable to Juri, who kicked jet fighters in half with her raw strength, so she could feasibly damage Wesker with her kicks until he's worn down enough. But again, Wesker's speed and regeneration would make this difficult. Otherwise I see this battle being a stalemate.

Wesker doesn't really seem to have anything that could feasibly put Chun Li away and I'm not sure if Chun Li could contend with Wesker's speed and regeneration combo.

If I had to chose someone, I'd chose Chun Li, because she does have a clear way to win if she can connect with her full powered finisher.

[YOUTUBE]QVZVo2J53TM[/YOUTUBE]

That is how Wesker died. Multiple rockets to the face and being burned in lava. Even then there are theories that he has survived. I just don't see what Chun-Li could do to match that.

Even if this battle were to stay strictly hand to hand, Wesker moves fast enough to dodge bullets at near point blank range. Chun-Li has some sweet kicks(and sweet titties amirite???)but they won't be able to put away Wesker.

[YOUTUBE]QVZVo2J53TM[/YOUTUBE]

That is how Wesker died. Multiple rockets to the face and being burned in lava. Even then there are theories that he has survived. I just don't see what Chun-Li could do to match that.

Even if this battle were to stay strictly hand to hand, Wesker moves fast enough to dodge bullets at near point blank range. Chun-Li has some sweet kicks(and sweet titties amirite???)but they won't be able to put away Wesker.

Her Kikosho, Yazzy. It blew a smoldering crater at least a kilometer across into the earth.

0:50-0:57. If Wesker gets hit with that then he's done for.

The question I proposed is whether or not she could hit him with it, as she has to touch him for the move to have a full effect, as I'm not sure if her speed can match his. She's fast enough to evade attacks that can break the sound barrier, but is that enough? Maybe she could bait him by feigning injury or something.

Her Kikosho, Yazzy. It blew a smoldering crater at least a kilometer across into the earth.

0:50-0:57. If Wesker gets hit with that then he's done for.

The question I proposed is whether or not she could hit him with it, as she has to touch him for the move to have a full effect, as I'm not sure if her speed can match his. She's fast enough to evade attacks that can break the sound barrier, but is that enough? Maybe she could bait him by feigning injury or something.

You know I was ready to dismiss the feigning injury as you trying to push an underdog, but I deleted it because there is a way, in my simple mind anyway, that doing that could work.

Wesker is a pretty kick ass bad guy, but he still falls into some of the same negative bad guys tropes that a lot of villains fall into. I could see him totally taunting an injured Chun-Li, giving her an opening.

Personally, I still don't think it would be enough, but your argument shows me at least that there may be more than a snowball's chance for her.

As much as I would like to see Chun-Li Rapid Kick Wesker ass, I think she's out matched. Has anyone played RE5? In the first part of the final fight with Wesker, if you shoot the rocket launcher at him at the wrong time, he'd catch it. He caught a f'n rocket. Not to mention that he totally dodges bullets and moves so fast that it looks like he's teleporting. Chun-Li is out matched here by far.

Vote Wesker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back