Round One, Match Thirteen - Ted DiBiase & Booker T vs. Brock Lesnar & Rey Mysterio

Who wins?

• DiBiase/Booker

• Lesnar/Mysterio

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Basic Guidelines:
  1. First Round matches are conducted under basic WWE singles match rules - the really inconsistent ones you see on television weekly.
  2. Polls will open after - approximately - twenty-four hours.
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.
  5. No regions, no arenas, no gimmicks (for now) - everything is based on merit.

b6y0jb.jpg

Match Thirteen
TED DiBIASE & BOOKER T
"Armed Robbery Inc."
vs.
BROCK LESNAR & REY MYSTERIO
"The Next Big & Little Things"

I should point out that that's Ted DiBiase, Sr. AKA The Million Dollar Man. Similarly, that's also Rey Mysterio, Jr. - because I know you're all only too well acquainted with Rey Mysterio, Sr.

I was just going to ask which Ted Dibiase it was, but then I realised that Junior isn't good enough to make it into such an elite tournament.

Rey Mysterio, quite possibly the best wrestler alive today. Probably one of the best wrestlers ever. If Brock Lesnar had stayed around he'd probably have done alright also. Booker T was good in 1998 and, now wait that's it. Ted Dibiase is really overrated if you think about it.

Brock Lesnar isn't really the type of guy that gets along well with others. Rey has had some tag team success but nothing spectacular. In fact he has had a very similar partner to Lesnar in Batista. They were tag champions but only for two weeks and they lost the titles to MNM. Ted Dibiase and Booker T are far superior to John Morrison and Joey Mercury.

Between the two of them Ted Dibiase and Booker T have 17 tag titles. They have also been part of some great tag teams in wrestling history. Booker T along with his brother Stevie Ray as Harlem Heat won 10 WCW tag titles, and Ted Dibiase along with IRS as Money Inc. won the WWF tag titles 3 times. You may think chemistry would be an issue but Booker T has shown in the past that he can win with some pretty random partners. He has been tag team champions with guys like Test, RVD, and even Goldust.

Brock and Rey will be tough competition no doubt, but at some point in the match I see Rey getting caught with a Book End giving Dibiase and Booker T the victory.

Lesnar/Mysterio

They're just better than DiBiase and Booker T. Mysterio's WWE run has been better than Booker T and Lesnar was dominant in his short stint. I'm sure Mysterio knows not to get on Lesnar's bad side unlike Stasiak. Lesnar can handle DiBiase and Mysterio can handle Booker T. I would love to see this matchup but I sense a 619-F5 combo for the win.

The Things look like the better team, but would they be able to get along? Evidence would say yes. They beat The Big Show and A-Train in a tag match on Smackdown in 2003. Surely, that'll form a bond that lasts a lifetime.

Rey's pretty entertaining, for the most part, and has beaten Booker more often than not. The same can certainly be said for Lesnar.

I would put my money on Lesnar and Mysterio. Lesnar didn't lose very often, be it singles matches or tag matches. The man was a winner and his partner is no slouch either. Mysterio has made a career out of beating bigger and more accomplished men. Lesnar will bring the brute strength and Mysterio will bring the speed, a very formidable combination that will be hard for any team to overcome. No disrespect to Dibiase and Booker, but Lesnar and Rey Rey should take this.

I voted Lesnar and Mysterio. Lesnar not a loser of all his wrestling career everywhere he only lost 25% of his matches. Lesnar would bring the intensity and power while Mysterio Jr. would bring the speed and quickness. Ted Dibase Sr could buy them out though which is a big factor but I voted Lesnar and Rey.

I actually surprised myself here by selecting Lesnar and Mysterio over DiBiase and Booker T. Brock Lesnar wasn't around in the WWE for a particularly long time in the grand scheme of things. And I've never been much of a Rey Mysterio fan, whether it be ECW, WCW, or WWE. I'm typically not a big fan of the petite high flyers, but that's just my personal preference.

Then I thought about it a little bit more. While Lesnar was only around for a short while, he was pretty awesome and impressive during his short WWE tenure. He made as much of an impact in such a short period of time as pretty much anyone before him. His lightning quick ascension to the pinnacle of the company cannot be discredited. And just because I personally don't like Mysterio should not detract from his accomplishments either. Longevity in the business, good in the ring if you do happen to like his style of wrestling, and super-over with a lot of fans. An interesting combination of small high flyer and huge power wrestler.

Oppose them with Booker and DiBiase. Booker is meh on his best day. He was only a 5-time, 5-time, 5-time! champion in WCW because it was WCW. When he came to a true organization with true competition, he was quickly revealed to be mid-carder, mid-carder, mid-carder!. And Dibiase is pretty much meh as well. I assume we're taking about DiBiase Sr., who had a great career but wasn't the most dominating guy in the business. If we're talking DiBiase Jr., he's sub-meh, an average guy at best riding his name recognition and heritage to remain in the company.

WINNERS: BROCK LESNAR AND REY MYSTERIO

There's absolutely no argument that can be made for voting for DiBiase and Booker T except that they don't have Brock Lesnar on their team. That's enough to get my vote, but I'll say something else. Errr... King Booker and the Million Dollar Man would probably get along quite well, and Brock Lesnar was always a bit of a loser. I mean loner. So err, chemistry wins this for the black man and the pseudo slave owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back