Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Basic Guidelines:
  1. First Round matches are conducted under basic WWE singles match rules - the really inconsistent ones you see on television weekly.
  2. Polls will open after - approximately - twenty-four hours.
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.
  5. No regions, no arenas, no gimmicks (for now) - everything is based on merit.

Time for match number ten:

b6y0jb.jpg

Match Ten
JUSHIN LIGER & CHRISTIAN
"Charisma Thunder"
vs.
CHRIS BENOIT & RIC FLAIR
"Horsemen 2010"

In what promises to be a controversial affair, Chris Benoit and Ric Flair team up to take on the charismatic duo of Jushin Liger and Christian. Can we keep this thread clear of suicide talk? Time will tell...

I don't understand the popularity of Christian or Ric Flair. Ric Flair might've been good at one point, but surely now people have got to accept that the rambling old guy is just as much, if not more, a part of the Ric Flair legacy than the well dressed super-worker.

Christian is a very good mid carder, nothing more. He's popular and talented enough to deserve at least one main event run, with two world titles WWE have nothing to lose, but it'd quite obviously be a flop. I also think it'll do more for his reputation if he doesn't win a world title, (nobody actually counts the NWA circa 2005 or the ECW Championships, do they?) it seems to work for Curt Henning.

So, Liger vs. Benoit, umm, Benoit yeah definitely Benoit.

Horsemen take this one quite easily here. They have chemistry, supposedly, from their time together in WCW. Doubt it'll matter much, but at least they speak the same language.

Christian isn't exactly known for winning matches and Flair most certainly is. Add in Benoit's in ring excellence and you have a winner.

I'll go with Horsemen 2010 for this one. Flair and Benoit at least have a somewhat history of teaming together and while Christian had that great tag team with Edge; I don't see him forming a chemistry strong enough to overtake Benoit/Flair. Plus, Flair and Benoit actually know how to win the big matches unlike Christian. While I won't dispute the legend that is Liger and his history with Benoit, I believe Flair will ultimately find a way to make Christian tap to the Figure Four.

Benoit and Flair both have documented tag-team success with each other and other guys. Benoit's won with Jericho and Angle, Flair with Batista, and that was in like 03 when he was well past his prime. Christian is a forever midcarder, sadly, and has really only has success with Edge as a tag-team wrestler. And I doubt he has any sort of knowledge or communication with Liger, which obviously puts them at a distinct disadvantage, compared to Benoit and Flair with their Horsemen history. Horsemen 2010 ftw.

Benoit and Flair pretty easily they have tag sucess Benoit with the likes of Edge, Jericho, Malenko and Perry Sature and Flair with Rip Hawk , Greg Valentine and Big John Studd and in the WWE with Bastita and Piper, they should have some sort of chemistry given their run as the horsemen in WCW and possibly the most important point they speek the same language, Christain and Liger would have a hard time getting things done through sign language.

As much as I want Liger and Christian to pick up the win here, it's just not going to happen. Flair and Benoit are just too good. Benoit was one of the best technical wrestlers in the world, and Flair is a very good wrestler in his own right. While Christian and Liger are also very good, they just dont have the ability to overcome the ability and chemistry that Horsemen 2010 has. Thats why Flair and Benoit get the win here.

My knee-jerk reaction here was to vote for Liger and Christian, or more specifically, to vote against Benoit and Flair. I wouldn't have thought I would be able to vote for Benoit under any circumstance, even in a hypothetical tournament, after what he did.

But then I tried to set those sentiments aside and look at it logically rather than emotionally. And after all, it is Ric Flair. Granted he's currently a shadow of his former self, an old man embarrassing himself by staying around far longer than he should. But back in his heyday (2 decades ago) he was definitely something special. And Benoit was an extremely gifted wrestler and was one of my favorites before that fateful night.

Their competition? Christian, who I really like, but despite this fact, cannot be considered true competition for these other two legends. And Jushin Liger, who I have absolutely no idea who this guy even is. So despite my first reaction and my emotional take on the match:

WINNERS: RIC FLAIR AND CHRIS BENOIT

Chris Benoit and Ric Flair are amongst my least favourite main eventers ever, but I think they'd go over here. Much more accomplished than Christian, the pair of them, and the language barrier is another added factor. Chrisitian has shown an ability to work with a variety of partners, but I'm not sure that will suffice against two men who have already had a documented team career together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back