• Khan & Robin Hood

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
ROUND ONE

xbBf0Za.png

Commander John Shepard has fought off giant robots the size of spaceships, so he can certainly handle one robot... right? Maybe not, as Khan is one of the most dangerous men in the galaxy. But these two legendary spacemen aren't going to be fighting alone. Spike Spiegel brings all his bounty hunting knowledge to try and take on the greatest thief to ever command an army of merry men, Robin Hood. Which one of these powerful teams makes it past the opening act?

FIGHT!

Khan is perfection.

I'll leave a gap to let that settle for a moment.

Khan is so much the perfect warrior that they froze him to keep him from taking on and taking down the entire armies of planet earth. Shepard may be a good shot, but he isn't better than Khan. Spiegel may very well be the best bounty hunter ever, he's not better than Khan. Khan is SUPERHUMAN, he regenerates, he has a vast intellect, he has the physical strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime and the agility and athleticism of an olympic level gymnast who can shoot three people in the face with three bullets whilst doing a 720 double backflip.

Shepard and Spiegel may be some of the best MEN in the tournament, but their undoing is that Khan is just, simply, better than them.

Khan is so much the perfect warrior that they froze him to keep him from taking on and taking down the entire armies of planet earth. Shepard may be a good shot, but he isn't better than Khan. Spiegel may very well be the best bounty hunter ever, he's not better than Khan. Khan is SUPERHUMAN, he regenerates, he has a vast intellect, he has the physical strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime and the agility and athleticism of an olympic level gymnast who can shoot three people in the face with three bullets whilst doing a 720 double backflip.

Really Shotaro? The armies of Earth? You'd really have me believe that Khan was a realistic threat to all of Earth when Captain Kirk and the USS Enterprise was able to take him down. I mean, sure, Captain Kirk is a military genius... but so is Commander John Shepard.

True, Kirk needed the help of his crew to stop Khan, and also true, Shepard will not have Garrus and Legion by his side, but also true is the fact that Shepard is a formidable one-man-army himself. He has technology that is just as advanced as Khan's. He has technical abilities as well as biotic powers that allow him to disable man and machine alike.

You may have forgotten this, but technically Shepard is an augment as well. All N7 soldiers receive the best implants that money can buy. These include optic upgrades so that they can aim with lethal accuracy, biotic upgrades so they can use the most advanced biotic attacks, spawn combat drones, an advanced armor system that works as both a powerful damage resister and an offensive weapon should the system fail, and the ability to boost your strength and see time more slowly. Khan might have his tricks and advantages, but so does Shepard, and Shepard's are even better suited for multiple environments.

Shepard beat Saren, an essentially synthetically enhanced Turian, a species that is naturally more maritally skilled than humans. I find it hard to believe that he would be bested by a technologically enhanced human... so basically his equal.

From there we have Spike Spiegel and Robin Hood. I'm pretty sure Robin Hood would be dead before he could even grab an arrow from his quiver. That allows Spiegel to serve as a sidekick for Shepard, and while I doubt that Spiegel has what it takes to take down Khan alone, he'd certainly serve as a good distraction that can allow Shepard to release his most lethal attacks.

Shepard and Spiegel roll over Khan and the other guy that's gonna get shot.

Oh, Khan is an almost invincible bringer of mass destruction? Funny, that happens to be Shepard's speciality.

Shotaro, all you talk about is Khan's firepower. The fact is, as JGlass already said, Shepard is a genius, but not just tactically. The man's ability to improvise in difficult situations and to use the resources at his disposal are his greatest strength. Everything that Shepard has come up against he was either 1) unprepared for, like Eden Prime or 2) prepared the best he could, but still had no idea what would happen, like the Collector's Base.

I talk about this because it would be Shepard's greatest strength against Khan. Khan isn't an enemy you can plan against. He needs to be outsmarted, which is the one area that Shepard has in abundance over Khan in my humble opinion. Shepard has the brains and the equipment on his person to pull it off. Shepard might get his ass kicked for an extended period of time, but that's never stopped him from coming out on top.

Now, I don't know a huge amount about Spike, but I do know that he's an intelligent and creative man himself, who would be able to put his head together with Shepard to stop Khan.

But before all that, Khan kills Robin Hood himself to stop the Hood getting in his way.

Oh, Khan is an almost invincible bringer of mass destruction? Funny, that happens to be Shepard's speciality.

Shotaro, all you talk about is Khan's firepower. The fact is, as JGlass already said, Shepard is a genius, but not just tactically. The man's ability to improvise in difficult situations and to use the resources at his disposal are his greatest strength. Everything that Shepard has come up against he was either 1) unprepared for, like Eden Prime or 2) prepared the best he could, but still had no idea what would happen, like the Collector's Base.

I talk about this because it would be Shepard's greatest strength against Khan. Khan isn't an enemy you can plan against. He needs to be outsmarted, which is the one area that Shepard has in abundance over Khan in my humble opinion. Shepard has the brains and the equipment on his person to pull it off. Shepard might get his ass kicked for an extended period of time, but that's never stopped him from coming out on top.

Now, I don't know a huge amount about Spike, but I do know that he's an intelligent and creative man himself, who would be able to put his head together with Shepard to stop Khan.

But before all that, Khan kills Robin Hood himself to stop the Hood getting in his way.

Yes because a man who awoke after being frozen for hundreds of years (Khan was from effectively now in terms of Star Trek) who woke up and became a threat to an intergalactic civilization pretty much instantly would be outwitted by a guy who is good at improvisation.

Yes because a man who awoke after being frozen for hundreds of years (Khan was from effectively now in terms of Star Trek) who woke up and became a threat to an intergalactic civilization pretty much instantly would be outwitted by a guy who is good at improvisation.

Well, yes, because that's essentially what happened with the Reapers.

Well, yes, because that's essentially what happened with the Reapers.

Which button saves world compared to oh good a starship. I'll take it. Shepard had been using reaper tech unknowingly for years. Khan was flying Starfleet cruisers and battleships like an ace pilot the instant he got into them.

He's that damn good. Kirk only won because of Khan's devotion to his crew. Had that not been the case, Starfleet would be screwed. Your hubris will be your undoing

He's that damn good. Kirk only won because of Khan's devotion to his crew. Had that not been the case, Starfleet would be screwed. Your hubris will be your undoing

I don't see this as being a positive for Khan. Shepard managed to pretty much singlehandedly stop and destroy Sovereign, a giant Reaper with technology that far surpassed anything Shepard or Khan have ever seen, and unlike Khan, Sovereign never surrendered. If Shepard can beat a superior enemy in a straight fight, why wouldn't he be able to beat Khan?

Did some research, and as far as I can tell both Khan and Shepard are pretty evenly matched. Both seem to be about peak human in strength - roughly half a ton per say. With higher resistance that makes them a bit harder to kill than a normal human like Robin Hood. Khan seems to have an advantage when it comes to reflexes, but I wasn't able to find evidence of him being able to dodge bullets or laser gunfire. On the other hand, Shepard has more weapons as his disposal; including grenades. Those would fuck up Khan's day for sure. So tactics rest solely on the partners...

Robin Hood, from what I've gathered, is peak human in every category: speed, strength, power, and durability. He's a expert marksman, but uses outdated firepower. Basically he's a weaker version of Hawkeye. Spike is the game changer here...

Spike Spiegel

Speed: at least fast enough to dodge bullets. He was toying with a guy hopped up on simulations that massive increase one's perception. So he should actually be faster than Khan, at least as far as reactions timing is concerned.

[youtube]Bsfmki2KNtA[/youtube]

Strength: Slightly above peak human

Power: Peak human, equal to his partner with weapons. His spaceship can level city blocks [not sure if he can use that, but if Michael Knight can use KITT....]

Durability: Same as strength

So Spike not only tips the scale in favor Team 1, but he might be able to beat both members of Team 2 by himself. I'm not seeing anything that Khan has that Spike doesn't, and in fact I'd argue that the latter has a speed advantage, being able to basically toy with a super soldier. Shepard has much better firepower than Hood, and I'm not seeing his basic metal arrows really piercing his suit. If Khan gets double teamed he's finished, and that's likely to happen regardless of whom on Team 1 he fights first.

So yeah... Team 1

Exhibit A:

11.jpg

A Reaper. Your standard skyscraper size death machine, brain the size of a civilization, consciousness spanning time scales that would make your head explode if you even began to comprehend it. Equipped to the teeth with lasers, missiles, and the ultimate form of mind control. Just one of them would be enough to bring a galaxy to its knees - and one nearly did. A completely perfected death machine designed for nothing less than the extermination of all life in the galaxy.

Exhibit B:

commander_shepard_by_donabruja-d4wlm26.jpg

Human (insert gender) of slightly above average height and weight. Trained in standard Alliance fashion, about ten to fifteen years experience in team operations, a variety of weapons, and general combat.

Exhibit B killed about 50,000 of Exhibit A.

Commander Shepard - known to many as John, known to many others as Jane, known to even more as whatever the hell they felt like - is about as good a marine as you're going to find. He's the best ship commander in the Alliance. He's an inspirational leader.

What he's not - on paper, anyway - is the exterminator of exterminators, the savior of trillions, the absolute most amazing hero in the history of time. But don't tell him that. He's just going to go ahead and wipe out the Reapers. Because that's what he does. No one tells Shepard he can't. Shepard simply does. Shepard stopped Sovereign - one of those skyscraper sized death machines from earlier - from hijacking the Citadel. Shepard survived a literally impossible suicide mission to rip the heart out of a stillborn Reaper. Shepard ripped apart a solar system to buy the galaxy a few months. And in the end, Shepard united the galaxy, created the ultimate weapon, and won the war against extinction.

Shepard should be dead. Shepard should be underneath some Krogan's foot. Shepard should have been vaporized, blown up, eaten, melted, and killed in a dozen other interesting ways. Shepard should be atomized dust circling the ruins of a dead sun that the Reapers chewed up and spit out in their wake. But Shepard isn't any of those things because Shepard finds a way. He's the ultimate leader. He's the craftiest, most resourceful bastard you'll ever meet. He's beyond stubborn.

His opponents? Khan? What is Khan is not a genetic engineered warlord? He's a Krogan without the ugly - and ugly is a Krogan's best weapon. Shepard eats Krogans for breakfast and shits them out without a second thought. Robin Hood? A medieval outlaw with a bow and arrow?

If Khan was his breakfast, Robin Hood is the chocolate on his pillow. He eats it without thinking about it. He eats it because it's there.

Shepard wins because Shepard always fucking wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back