• Flash

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round Three

wolverine-vs-flash_zpsefca21a4.png

These two heroes are amongst the most celebrated comic book characters of all time but embody two very different persona. Will it be the good-guy speedster Flash that races to the semis, or will the anti-hero Wolverine's adamantium prove to be too much for Flash to handle.

FIGHT!

Although, I like Wolverine I find him so overpowering it kind of pisses me off because it is so hard to vote against him. You could do anything to him and he would regenerate, dust his legs off and come right back at you. All that The Flash has is his speed and after awhile I think he would get tired of killing him over and over again that he would just kill himself.

Although, I like Wolverine I find him so overpowering it kind of pisses me off because it is so hard to vote against him. You could do anything to him and he would regenerate, dust his legs off and come right back at you. All that The Flash has is his speed and after awhile I think he would get tired of killing him over and over again that he would just kill himself.

I highly doubt that flash would just say fuck it and kill himself, seems a little drastic. Correct me if im wrong but I thought the only way to kill Wolvie was to decapitate him? If so then a simple punch at the speed of sound or light would do the trick

What's all this talk about Flash having to kill Wolverine? The rules indicate that the winner must kill OR incapacitate an opponent for a time period long enough to be considered the winner; ie, enough time for the man left standing to walk away.

Wolverine has extraordinary regen powers. But don't bitch about him being "overpowered", because he can be incapacitated. He's hella difficult to actually kill, but he can be taken out for short periods of time. We've seen bullets knock him unconscious for up to several minutes at a time, before his brain reneged and spit the bullet out, rendering him useful again. That also means that Flash, having likely seen the damage Wolverine can withstand in the last few rounds of the tournament, knows that nothing is out of bounds. Flash can literally do just about anything to him, without fear of mortally wounding Logan. He can turn just about anything into bullets. He can take a wooden blank or metal beam and smack him upside the head with it at 10,000 mph.

It's like Flash fans just saw Wolverine and gave up. "Oh, we can't kill this guy...whatever." Think outside the box. I love Logan, and I don't like Flash all that much. I've never found his comics to be that entertaining, and he's not my favorite part of the Justice League, nor Earth 2, for anybody following that New 52 series. But my like or dislike for something doesn't stop me from seeing that Flash has a very, very good chance at winning this fight. THe same question that you asked Spider-Man fans last round still applies: he's a great warrior, but what can he do against the speed of light?

Food for thought.

The Flash is someone that's sometimes underestimated. While his primary power is being able to run and move at great velocity, his entire body is also enhanced to be able to withstand the rigors of moving at such speeds. His metabolism, his bones, musculature, connective tissues, even his skin are all designed to withstand the great friction caused by running at such high speeds. A normal human couldn't survive running at 1,000 miles per hour, for instance, without all of their bodily functions being enhanced.

If Flash builds up enough speed, he can generate attacks of surprisingly devastating force. His speed ultimately gives him a much greater range than Wolverine, which is really one of Wolverine's biggest setbacks in many fights.

At the same time, Wolverine is someone that's fought his share of speedsters such as Quicksilver, Speed Demon, Northstar and others. Coincidentally, I was reading an old issue of the Wolverine title a few weeks ago in which he participates in a Bloodsport type of competition in Madripoor against various superhuman foes. One of his foes was Speed Demon, an enemy of Spider-Man that has pretty much all of Flash's powers. While I doubt this guy was ultimately on Flash's level, there are a lot of similarities in terms of their powers. During the fight, Wolverine's inner monologue says something to the degree of that there's a special trick to fighting speedsters. They're going to get their shots in, there's no way around that. They key is having the toughness to last long enough until you're able to get a handle on how they think and fight, thereby giving you a chance to figure out what they're going to do next. He lasted long enough to get a feel for his opponent and was able to beat him easily after managing to land a couple of shots. Didn't even have to use his claws, even though he could have.

It's not impossible for Flash to win this fight, not at all. Flash isn't as skilled as Wolverine, nor is he as tough and I doubt that he has what it takes to ultimately kill Wolverine. He doesn't have to kill him, he just has to incapacitate him enough to where he's just not able to continue the fight.

At the same time, Flash's speed is not an impossible obstacle for Wolverine to overcome. He's the more experienced & skilled fighter, he's much tougher, his bones are indestructible, he can heal from pretty much anything and has the physical capabilities to take Flash down; even kill him. Like Flash, however, Wolverine doesn't have to kill Flash to win this fight. If Wolverine is able to get some very solid shots in with his claws, especially to Flash's legs, then the fight can very well be over before Flash really has a chance to recover. Shredded leg muscles & bones or being disembowled will end the fight.

I can see logical reasons for voting for either guy. If Flash can really, really really pour it on without holding anything back whatsoever then he could deliver attacks with enough force to take Wolverine out of the fight even if he can't kill him. If Wolverine can last long enough to get a handle on how Flash thinks and fights, then a couple of good shots from his claws will most definitely put the kaibosh on Flash's high speed assault long enough for Wolverine to finish the job.

There really isn't much to talk about here ladies and gents. Flash has another case of Marvel vs DC where his DC comic book writing puts him ahead simply because of how crazy powered Flash is compared to Wolverine.

Let's look at two of Wolverine's assists. His healing factor, and his metal skeleton. While the healing factor can keep Wolverine alive, is it enough to keep Wolverine in the same battlefield after Flash hits him with an infinite mass punch? Hell, it is an unknown fact but Flash has a healing factor of his own. And unlike Wolverine, Flash can recover from injuries instantly. In fact Flash was once shot when he was Barry Allan but with his super-speed and his accelerated healing he was able to have the bullet pass through his skull harmlessly. So even if Wolverine manages to get a swipe in with his claws Flash would have the reflexes and the speed to simply phase through it. At worst he will have a little blood drawn until his wound heals up again. So their durability or off-set at best. I could make a case saying that Flash is actually far more durable than our favorite clawed mutant.

2409353-1_super.png

When it comes to Offense, Flash takes this one in spades. You can't hit what you are physically unable to see. And when a man like Flash is throwing a thousand punches before Wolverine can even blink the fight is over before it can even begin. Wolverine will be knocked out in a giant crater in the middle of Africa. Wolverine doesn't have the reflexes or even the physical ability to catch up and land a hit at something moving faster than light. Flash on the other hand is more than able to hit Wolverine a 100 times over and still have time to grab some Pizza.

Vote Flash.

No. I dont think I will be voting Flash.

Im voting Wolverine in this one. Why? Because Wolverine will gladly take some shots, bide his time and strike with great force. Go ahead, hit him. Its just going to piss him off. He will take the punishment and make a plan. Just like he has against other speedsters in the past.

"Oh, but they werent Flash!"

Who fn cares. Same premise, same situations, just a bit more speed involved.

One well timed shot with the claws to the face, heart or leg is going to stop Flash long enough for a very focused shot with full on force from Wolverine. Then the man in the red tights is toast.

All his speed will likely work to his disadvantage if you think about it. He is punching the hardest substance he has ever came up against, a metal that isnt going to budge even with all his speed. Flash will break some bones or do some sort of damage if he just runs around punching Logan. Likely more damage to himself than he deals out to Wolverine.

Logan slices and dices up the speedster on the way to the next round.

I'm leaning towards Flash simply for his offensive moves. Just because Wolverine has a body made out of adamantium doesn't mean he can't get knocked the fuck out by a punch carrying enough power and velocity behind it. Would Wolverine's claws be a problem? Absolutely. But it's unlikely that he could actually get a clear cut shot on Flash; he could probably cause some minor injuries, but I doubt he could do anything to counter Flash if he decides to circumnavigate the planet and come flying back within seconds with a super powered punch.

In the most extreme case, Wolvie stands there with his cigar, makes a few smart ass comments, waits for Flash to do his thing, takes a few hits, sizes up his competition, and then SNIKT!

Bye Flash...

No. I dont think I will be voting Flash.

Im voting Wolverine in this one. Why? Because Wolverine will gladly take some shots, bide his time and strike with great force. Go ahead, hit him. Its just going to piss him off. He will take the punishment and make a plan. Just like he has against other speedsters in the past.

"Oh, but they werent Flash!"

Who fn cares. Same premise, same situations, just a bit more speed involved.

One well timed shot with the claws to the face, heart or leg is going to stop Flash long enough for a very focused shot with full on force from Wolverine. Then the man in the red tights is toast.

All his speed will likely work to his disadvantage if you think about it. He is punching the hardest substance he has ever came up against, a metal that isnt going to budge even with all his speed. Flash will break some bones or do some sort of damage if he just runs around punching Logan. Likely more damage to himself than he deals out to Wolverine.

Logan slices and dices up the speedster on the way to the next round.

At the speed Flash would be travelling at, one good slice to the face wouldn't injure him...it would flat out decapitate him. Speed works both ways. Flash running into Wolverine's adamantium claws at full speed is the same as Wolverine's adamantium claws hitting Flash's face at that speed. If Flash is running at any significant speed at all, ANY connecting strike by Wolverine's claws would be devastatingly lethal. Wolverine's claws are deadly as is...to have an object run into them at speeds exceeding mach? A fucking red mess is what you have! Flash needs a concerted plan of attack to wear Wolverine down. Wolverine needs one lucky strike.

At the speed Flash would be travelling at, one good slice to the face wouldn't injure him...it would flat out decapitate him. Speed works both ways. Flash running into Wolverine's adamantium claws at full speed is the same as Wolverine's adamantium claws hitting Flash's face at that speed. If Flash is running at any significant speed at all, ANY connecting strike by Wolverine's claws would be devastatingly lethal. Wolverine's claws are deadly as is...to have an object run into them at speeds exceeding mach? A fucking red mess is what you have! Flash needs a concerted plan of attack to wear Wolverine down. Wolverine needs one lucky strike.

That is very true. Pancakes argument shown about the bullet and 'phasing' works because Flash\his reaction is faster than the bullet is travelling. Flash travelling at his own speed is a disadvantage because he would be running into the hardest substance ever, plus adding the fact the claws are sharp as hell, meaning he would be completely screwed. Question is, could he avoid it? Not likely because he would be focused on striking Logan and thinking there is no way Wolverine could strike fast enough. Really all Logan has to do is make a slight movement and let Flash run into him instead of him having to attack Flash.

Logan has his senses working for him and pretty damn good speed\agility also. It wouldnt be that hard to make a slight adjustment with his claws out and catch Flash. Even if he hits a glancing blow to the body or arm, Flash is in alot of trouble.

Berserker Barrage into an oncoming Flash = one dead DC superhero.

So basically this entire fight winds down to if Wolverine would win because he has some offshoot luck into having Flash run into one of his claws? I'll wait for some evidence that Wolverine has been able to dodge something moving as fast as the speed of light thanks to his senses. Let's put this into perspective, if Super-Man is unable to keep up with Flash, then how will Wolverine's wild and blind swinging get the best of Flash? Or do I need to put up more evidence that Flash's senses and his reflexes are bar none better than Wolverine's? Hell, I do you one better where Flash is beating the tar out of a Kryptonian? Wolverine's bones are strong, but they hardly meet the skin of a Kryptonian, let alone Super-Man Prime. Wolverine is hardly Super-Man, and no amount of metal in his bones or his healing factor will change that. He's meek, human body will get launched by one simple punch from Flash.

1530322-aaloutbart_super.jpg

(I'll make this simple for the few dumb people who say my posts are inaccurate)
Strength : Flash > Wolverine
Durability : Flash > Wolverine
Reflexes : Flash > Wolverine
Speed : Flash > Wolverine

Or to put it simply Flash > Wolverine. If the entire argument for Wolverine comes down to Wolverine getting lucky you already prove why Flash should win this.

Will Flash win this round? Sadly I don't think so. Wolverine is a massively popular character compared to Flash. So naturally people are going to forget how clearly Wolverine is outmatched and outgunned because they want to see him in the semi's. Which in the end, doesn't really affect my day. But when you want to ignore what someone said or you're ego is so big that if anything said that you don't agree with must be wrong then you ruining the whole spirit of arguing in the first place.

Awww, poh' lil' Pancake's feelings are hurt acuz his favorite his getting beaten by Wolverine.

Man up, pussy. Wolverine is winning this round because your "Flash is more powerful than Superman and Hulk and Spider-Man combined and better than Stephen Hawking at astrophysics" arguments are pure fanboy drivel.

Your problem is that you're only argument is that Wolverine wouldn't be able to hit Flash with his claws. Maybe that's true, though I think you're forgetting that he is one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the Marvel Universe. The best fighters will all tell you that they go on feeling more than anything else, and he'll have the sense to jab a claw through Flash's throat if the fight boils to fisticuffs.

Your other problem is that you're underestimating adamantium. Adamantium doesn't bend, it doesn't give, and it doesn't break. If the Flash slammed into Wolverine at moving near light speed, he'd shatter his bones.

Imagine a car speeding at a solid concrete wall at 100 MPH. What happens? Does the car slam through the concrete wall unharmed, or does the car get totaled? Now true, Wolverine won't be anchored to the ground... but he's still 300 pounds of the hardest metal on earth. Imagine a car going 100 MPH and hitting a moose... made of titanium. Guess what? It still gets total. Yeah, the moose dies, but it doesn't have a healing factor that doesn't quit and unbreakable bones protecting it's vital organs.

Flash has his healing factor as well, but it's not going to be able to heal half the bones in his body that shattered after he hit Wolverine at full speed, and Wolverine is going to have a perfectly intact skeleton and mostly unharmed organs. The worst he'd suffer after those types of injuries is sore flesh, but that wouldn't be enough to stop him from capitalizing on the opportunity and eviscerating Flash.

Wolverine has been beaten before (just like the Flash), but I don't think he's ever been defeated by physical attackers. He's lost to people that have magnetic abilities (Magneto), energy abilities (Gambit), and magical abilities (Ogun). He lost to The Hulk once, but that's the Incredible Hulk, but it's hard to count that against him considering it was literally his first appearance ever in a comic book.

You're also wrong about Flash's strength level. From DC's wikia...

Barry has shown that he is able to carry several people at a time when evacuating a dangerous area, whether feats like this are performed while running on adrenalin is not known. Barry possesses the strength level of a man his age, size and weight who engages in intensive regular exercise, and can at least press lift his own body weight. However, his powers allow him to throw punches at speeds that, on impact, can have the same effect someone with superhuman strength can have.

Versus Wolverine's....

uperhuman Strength: Wolverine's mutant healing factor enables him to push his muscles beyond the natural limits of the human body without injury, granting him some degree of superhuman strength. His natural strength is augmented by the demand placed on his musculature due to the presence of over 100 pounds of Adamantium bonded to his skeleton, which also removes the natural limitations of the human skeletal structure by allowing him to lift weights that would damage a human skeleton. Wolverine has been depicted with sufficient strength to break steel chains, support the weight of a dozen men with one arm and lift the 955 lb Ursa Major over his head before tossing him across a room. Wolverine's strength is enough to allow him to press somewhere in excess of 800 lbs but no more than 2 tons.

So Flash has attacks that can mimic super strength while Wolverine has actual super strength. I know which pony I'd bet on in that arm wrestling contest.

So stop playing victim and crying about how Flash lost a popularity contest. He didn't. He ran into a guy that he can't beat, period end.

Awww, poh' lil' Pancake's feelings are hurt acuz his favorite his getting beaten by Wolverine.
Man up, pussy. Wolverine is winning this round because your "Flash is more powerful than Superman and Hulk and Spider-Man combined and better than Stephen Hawking at astrophysics" arguments are pure fanboy drivel.
Your problem is that you're only argument is that Wolverine wouldn't be able to hit Flash with his claws. Maybe that's true, though I think you're forgetting that he is one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the Marvel Universe. The best fighters will all tell you that they go on feeling more than anything else, and he'll have the sense to jab a claw through Flash's throat if the fight boils to fisticuffs.
Your other problem is that you're underestimating adamantium. Adamantium doesn't bend, it doesn't give, and it doesn't break. If the Flash slammed into Wolverine at moving near light speed, he'd shatter his bones.
Imagine a car speeding at a solid concrete wall at 100 MPH. What happens? Does the car slam through the concrete wall unharmed, or does the car get totaled? Now true, Wolverine won't be anchored to the ground... but he's still 300 pounds of the hardest metal on earth. Imagine a car going 100 MPH and hitting a moose... made of titanium. Guess what? It still gets total. Yeah, the moose dies, but it doesn't have a healing factor that doesn't quit and unbreakable bones protecting it's vital organs.
Flash has his healing factor as well, but it's not going to be able to heal half the bones in his body that shattered after he hit Wolverine at full speed, and Wolverine is going to have a perfectly intact skeleton and mostly unharmed organs. The worst he'd suffer after those types of injuries is sore flesh, but that wouldn't be enough to stop him from capitalizing on the opportunity and eviscerating Flash.
Wolverine has been beaten before (just like the Flash), but I don't think he's ever been defeated by physical attackers. He's lost to people that have magnetic abilities (Magneto), energy abilities (Gambit), and magical abilities (Ogun). He lost to The Hulk once, but that's the Incredible Hulk, but it's hard to count that against him considering it was literally his first appearance ever in a comic book.
Versus Wolverine's....

So Flash has attacks that can mimic super strength while Wolverine has actual super strength. I know which pony I'd bet on in that arm wrestling contest.
So stop playing victim and crying about how Flash lost a popularity contest. He didn't. He ran into a guy that he can't beat, period end.

You should really start properly reading Pancakes arguments as they're more than just 'fan-boy drivel', he presents facts which people still aren't getting. Yes if wolverine hit flash with his claws he would kill him, but that's a big if. I'm not saying its impossible, I'm saying that it is pretty unlikely that hes just gonna feel it coming when its coming at the speed of light from any angle. Wolverine will defend himself with his claws by sticking them out or something like that, it is still extremely unlikely that it will succeed. In the likely event that Flash lands a punch to the head of wolverine his head would come clean off, which would kill him or incapacitate him at the very least. Flash deserves to win this

Ok regarding the fucking "Infinite Mass Punch" Panny seems to so fondly bring up in every fucking Flash match

Infinite Mass Punch - Speed Force conduits have an increased level of strength added to their bodies which they can impart in different ways. Certain speedsters can strengthen each and every move they make however this requires attention and stress for each movement and therefore is almost never used.

Flash is not going to just whip out his Infinite Mass Punch all willy nilly every damn round, that would be like the US just deciding to Nuke every mother fucker we go to War with because we can & would easily win us the war. Further more Flash would have no reason to even think he would need to use it, likely in any round of this fucking Tourny, unless he were to come up against someone like Hulk or Jugglenuts.

Flash would likely try & throw a few quick punches at Ole' Wolvie but would eventually shatter his hands as he's be pounding on Adamantium, a substance in which Flash doesn't even knows exists, I can't help but think that this would leave Flash a little bit in shock, which would be about all the opening Logan would need to sever a few limbs, & despite Flash's healing factor being, I have never seen or heard of him being able to regenerate or grow new limbs instantly.

Wolverine wins

You should really start properly reading Pancakes arguments as they're more than just 'fan-boy drivel', he presents facts which people still aren't getting. Yes if wolverine hit flash with his claws he would kill him, but that's a big if. I'm not saying its impossible, I'm saying that it is pretty unlikely that hes just gonna feel it coming when its coming at the speed of light from any angle. Wolverine will defend himself with his claws by sticking them out or something like that, it is still extremely unlikely that it will succeed. In the likely event that Flash lands a punch to the head of wolverine his head would come clean off, which would kill him or incapacitate him at the very least. Flash deserves to win this

How would a punch to the head kill or incapacitate Wolverine when his brain is surrounded by an impenetrable adamantium skull? Even if he did land a hard punch to Wolverine's skull it would A) cripple Flash and B) not do enough damage to Wolverine's brain. Any force that hit Wolverine in the head would be sent right up Flash's arm and break it. Wolverine would also be sent back a few hundred feet, but his brain is well protected.

All of Flash's offense is going to wind up hurting him than it hurts Wolverine.

Hell this argument that Wolverine can land a hit on feeling can work both ways. Flash can feel the slightest changes in air pressure around his body, he'll see those shiny claws of Logan's and avoid them with ease, like he has for the majority of attacks that people try to land on him but fail horribly.

Has anything that hit Wolverine break into millions of pieces from running into him? I get that Adamantium is the strongest metal in the universe, but you're acting as if Wolverine has never been knocked around before because of his super-duper skeleton. I can't even count the amount of times we've seen Wolverine knocked straight through walls by anything bigger or stronger than him. His Adamantium and his healing factor will keep him alive. But it won't prevent him from being sent through the outer orbit from a super punch from Flash.

This is where once again people underestimate Flash to help feel more confident in their pick with Logan. Who said that Logan will stay even in the same planet after a punch from Flash? Hell if he needs some time to recover before his healing kicks he is fast enough to avoid Logan's onslaught.

The same can be said for Flash, his arch-rivals have only been people who have been able to trick him or slow him down. Mirror Master, Captain Cold, Rogue, and Wizard. Even then he ends up on top. Other than that he can stand toe-to-toe with the likes of Super-Man, and the Black Lantern's. Seeing as Wolverine is a pure physical fighter I don't see how he can be able to keep up with where Flash is, let alone hit him on feeling.

Versus Wolverine's....

Well good thing this isn't an arm wrestling contest and is an actual fight. Otherwise you may have a point here. Because if I had to take a man who can actually lift 400 pounds. Or the man who can take a 400 pound weight and chuck it half way around the world by sprinting you're damn right I'll take the man who can throw it half way across the world.

He is losing to a popularity contest, Wolverine would be lucky if he could stand toe-to-toe with Batman let alone someone who is able to make Super-Man's ancestors quake in their boots by his strength alone. If you're going to sit there and act like Wolverine is going to win this one because he is damn good at what he does, then you're a fool. Flash has beaten many tough guys like Wolverine and he can do it again. Or should I bring up more evidence that other-wordly beings are afraid of Flash?

Flash can hit harder, moves faster, and can flat out avoid any damage Logan would want to toll out. Logan will not be unable to hit anything moving faster than sound, Flash on the other hand can hit Logan a 100 times over with the strength of a Mack truck before Logan can blink. You can't hit what you can't see and seeing as you can't see Flash with the naked eye Flash can send in enough of an offense that will send Wolverine packing.

Hell this argument that Wolverine can land a hit on feeling can work both ways. Flash can feel the slightest changes in air pressure around his body, he'll see those shiny claws of Logan's and avoid them with ease, like he has for the majority of attacks that people try to land on him but fail horribly.

Yeah, because Flash has never gotten hit in his entire comic book career.

13774-1995-15435-1-flash-the_large.jpg

That's Flash getting kicked in the gut by Vandal Savage. His powers? A healing factor and slightly increased strength, agility, endurance, etc. Wolverine's powers? A healing factor, massively enhanced strength, agility, endurance, etc. That's not to mention Wolverine is an excellent hand to hand fighter.

Has anything that hit Wolverine break into millions of pieces from running into him?

Yeah, basically any type of weaponry. And those weren't even moving at the speed of light.

I get that Adamantium is the strongest metal in the universe, but you're acting as if Wolverine has never been knocked around before because of his super-duper skeleton. I can't even count the amount of times we've seen Wolverine knocked straight through walls by anything bigger or stronger than him. His Adamantium and his healing factor will keep him alive. But it won't prevent him from being sent through the outer orbit from a super punch from Flash.

Lulz, yes it would. No way could Flash punch Wolverine hard enough that it would knock him into orbit. It would first require him to be able to land a clean punch, which wouldn't happen because Wolverine would be able to at least get a piece of it, but also it would require him to be able to punch something that's 300 pounds and solid as a rock into outer space.

This is where once again people underestimate Flash to help feel more confident in their pick with Logan. Who said that Logan will stay even in the same planet after a punch from Flash? Hell if he needs some time to recover before his healing kicks he is fast enough to avoid Logan's onslaught.

His healing factor is constantly working, something most people forget. And this isn't a case of underestimating the Flash as much as you're overestimating what Flash can do to Wolverine. Once again, there's nothing Flash can do to hurt Wolverine that won't hurt him more.

The same can be said for Flash, his arch-rivals have only been people who have been able to trick him or slow him down. Mirror Master, Captain Cold, Rogue, and Wizard. Even then he ends up on top. Other than that he can stand toe-to-toe with the likes of Super-Man, and the Black Lantern's. Seeing as Wolverine is a pure physical fighter I don't see how he can be able to keep up with where Flash is, let alone hit him on feeling.

I see the fight looking a lot like the Sabertooth/Beak fight in the Wolverine movie. Wolverine is going to be knocked around a few times by the Flash before he figures out the Flash's attack patterns and makes him into a Flash Kabob. I know Flash has quick reactions and what not, but Wolverine is a better hand-to-hand fighter than him, and that's going to count for a lot in a physical contest.

Well good thing this isn't an arm wrestling contest and is an actual fight. Otherwise you may have a point here. Because if I had to take a man who can actually lift 400 pounds. Or the man who can take a 400 pound weight and chuck it half way around the world by sprinting you're damn right I'll take the man who can throw it half way across the world.

Flash's run and gun game won't work for him. If he hits Wolverine while moving at near-light speeds, then he's going to get hurt just as badly as he hurts Wolverine. He's not running into steel here, he's running into admantium, an unbreakable metal.

This is going to boil down to close quarters fighting, and Flash won't be able to gain the momentum to hit his most powerful punches. Wolverine's strength (and metal fists) are going to count for more than Flash's speed in those intimate fighting situations.

He is losing to a popularity contest, Wolverine would be lucky if he could stand toe-to-toe with Batman let alone someone who is able to make Super-Man's ancestors quake in their boots by his strength alone. If you're going to sit there and act like Wolverine is going to win this one because he is damn good at what he does, then you're a fool. Flash has beaten many tough guys like Wolverine and he can do it again. Or should I bring up more evidence that other-wordly beings are afraid of Flash?

Listing accomplishments for super heroes is stupid. You act like Wolverine's never done anything impressive with his career either, except, you know, taken out Apocalypse, the Phoenix Force, Onslaught. He's also responsible for ending the M Day crisis.

Yeah, both of them have kicked serious ass, we know. Good think this isn't about which super hero has a more impressive resume, it's about who would win in a fight.

Flash can hit harder, moves faster, and can flat out avoid any damage Logan would want to toll out.

The first picture I posted would suggest otherwise.

Logan will not be unable to hit anything moving faster than sound,

I'm fairly certain he's kicked Quicksilver's ass once or twice.

Flash on the other hand can hit Logan a 100 times over with the strength of a Mack truck before Logan can blink.

Proof?

You can't hit what you can't see

Now that's one of those things people say that just isn't true.

and seeing as you can't see Flash with the naked eye Flash can send in enough of an offense that will send Wolverine packing.

Good think Wolverine's vision is enhanced :shrug:.

How would a punch to the head kill or incapacitate Wolverine when his brain is surrounded by an impenetrable adamantium skull? Even if he did land a hard punch to Wolverine's skull it would A) cripple Flash and B) not do enough damage to Wolverine's brain. Any force that hit Wolverine in the head would be sent right up Flash's arm and break it. Wolverine would also be sent back a few hundred feet, but his brain is well protected.

All of Flash's offense is going to wind up hurting him than it hurts Wolverine.

Wolverine has been knocked out before, he isn't immune to blunt force trauma

FCHEr.jpg

680325-namorfight4_super.jpg

Hulk also knocked out Wolverine by causing essentially by causing his brain to vibrate in his skull leaving him with many concussions. This is something that Flash could easily do.

1046055-world_war_hulk___x_men__002_019_super.jpg

Adamantium isn't unbreakable, in rare cases small quantities have been broken and is capable of being bent.

blastaar7os.jpg

IF Flash's punch dents Wolverine's skull there is no amount of healing factor that will be able to save him from being disabled until his skull can be repaired.

As for Flash shattering his arm upon impact is an argument that wouldn't work because Flash would be protected against the impact because of the speed force.

Taken from Comicvine: "Those within the Speed Force are protected heat or bearing the brunt of impacts at any speed they travel."

Wolverine has been knocked out before, he isn't immune to blunt force trauma

FCHEr.jpg

680325-namorfight4_super.jpg

Hulk also knocked out Wolverine by causing essentially by causing his brain to vibrate in his skull leaving him with many concussions. This is something that Flash could easily do.

1046055-world_war_hulk___x_men__002_019_super.jpg

Adamantium isn't unbreakable, in rare cases small quantities have been broken and is capable of being bent.

blastaar7os.jpg

IF Flash's punch dents Wolverine's skull there is no amount of healing factor that will be able to save him from being disabled until his skull can be repaired.

As for Flash shattering his arm upon impact is an argument that wouldn't work because Flash would be protected against the impact because of the speed force.

Taken from Comicvine: "Those within the Speed Force are protected heat or bearing the brunt of impacts at any speed they travel."

It's true that Wolverine can be knocked out. I think it's possible that Flash could build up enough speed to deliver a blow that could knock him out. I highly doubt, however, that Flash would be able to do any damage whatsoever to Wolverine's Adamantium laced bones. Wolverine has taken repeated shots from some of Marvel's most powerful brutes, three of which you've shown. No matter what, I honestly don't believe that Flash can generate enough momentum to dent or damage that guys like the Hulk, Namor and Thing haven't been able to.

As for Adamantium being "unbreakable", there've been several instances in the distant past, such as in the 70s & 80s of it happening. They've been retconned, however, by later writers to explain the existence of "Secondary Adamantium". Like "True Adamantium", it's highly durable but far cheaper to produce, thus it isn't nearly as indestructible as the 100% pure stuff. In this day and age, the only time in which you see Adamantium being damaged are in comics that take place in alternate realities apart from Marvel's mainstream continuity. It's a pretty common happening. After all, Superman's near invulnerability was originally because of his denser Kryptonian body, yet it's been rectonned that Superman's invulnerability stems from an invisible and ingantible force field.

Depending upon who writes the comics, any character can beat any other at any given time. I'm not a huge Flash afficionado I admit, but I've yet to really read anything to convince me that Flash would just mow down Wolverine. If Flash was someone that was a stone cold killer, someone with hardcore battle instincts to get the job done by any means; then I think he'd have a MUCH better shot.

The rules state the fights can end in either death or incapacitation. Flash was shown to make have punched a Superboy Prime and make him bleed.

aaloutbart.jpg

If he can do that then he is more than capable of hitting at or greater than the levels of Thing or Namor, resulting a KO for this fight.

Lulz, yes it would. No way could Flash punch Wolverine hard enough that it would knock him into orbit. It would first require him to be able to land a clean punch, which wouldn't happen because Wolverine would be able to at least get a piece of it, but also it would require him to be able to punch something that's 300 pounds and solid as a rock into outer space.

He's punched ZuM, clean out of orbit and back into Earth half way around the world. And ZuM is a White Martian, he is invulnerable to all physical attacks much like Super-Man. And he is also capable to increasing his mass to much heavier than 300 pounds. Flash has knocked out Super-Humans capable of flying through sun's with little to no damage.

His healing factor is constantly working, something most people forget. And this isn't a case of underestimating the Flash as much as you're overestimating what Flash can do to Wolverine. Once again, there's nothing Flash can do to hurt Wolverine that won't hurt him more.

Proof? Because from what people have shown, no one has hurt their hand when knocking out Wolverine.

I see the fight looking a lot like the Sabertooth/Beak fight in the Wolverine movie. Wolverine is going to be knocked around a few times by the Flash before he figures out the Flash's attack patterns and makes him into a Flash Kabob. I know Flash has quick reactions and what not, but Wolverine is a better hand-to-hand fighter than him, and that's going to count for a lot in a physical contest.

Or it can end with one powerful punch knocking Logan's brain into mush. :shrug:

Flash's run and gun game won't work for him. If he hits Wolverine while moving at near-light speeds, then he's going to get hurt just as badly as he hurts Wolverine. He's not running into steel here, he's running into admantium, an unbreakable metal.

He's punched beings capable of flying through sun's with no damage to them with no damage to him. I don't see how his metal skeleton can be any tougher or weaker to Martian or Kryptonian skin.

This is going to boil down to close quarters fighting, and Flash won't be able to gain the momentum to hit his most powerful punches. Wolverine's strength (and metal fists) are going to count for more than Flash's speed in those intimate fighting situations.

You're once again underestimating Flash's ability to gather speed and mass for his punch. Flash can run around the world once in seconds and then give Wolverine a punch that has knocked out stronger beings.

I'm fairly certain he's kicked Quicksilver's ass once or twice.

Quick-Silver and Flash are two completely different super-hero's with two completely different powers. Quick-Silver can run fast because his body is built for it. Flash can run fast because he can tap into the very essence of speed. Flash can bend the rules of physics while Quick-Silver can barely break the speed of sound.

2387171-imp_white_dwarf_star.jpg

Oh hey look at that. I was wrong yet again, Flash can't hit with the strength of a Mack truck, he can hit much, much harder than that.

Now that's one of those things people say that just isn't true.

So while Wolverine is swinging around on instinct Flash can land solid punches while he's defenseless. Good to know.

Good think Wolverine's vision is enhanced :shrug:.

His vision is enhanced to see farther than normal human beings. That doesn't fall into the realm of catching something moving faster than the speed of light, and then having the reaction time to evade or even counter it.

So far we've learned that Flash has a punch that can knock out beings that are renowned for being flat out invulnerability while Wolverine has a hard time staying on his feet after being punched from beings with super-strength like Thing, Namor, or Hulk. And as we do now, with enough speed Flash can hit harder than all three combined.

Okay flash is clearly not going to win this one but the remaining voters please listen to me. Flash is one of the most overpowered heroes of all time, far more powerful than Wolverine. He can literally bend physics to help him win by running faster than anything else, Wolverine cannot counter that no matter what he tries, he can't hit something faster than the speed of light. Flash could arguably hit at the same strength as Hulk, most likely less but let's not get into that. As shown by previous posters Wolverine can't take too many hits from Hulk or other super powered beings without being knocked out which counts as a loss in this tournament. Please do not let this be a match where you see the name Wolverine and instantly assume he is better because hes more famous, give Flash the match he deserves

A little bit too late to argue now, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try and sway the remaining voters.
Yes, Wolverine is made of adamantium. However, as a previous poster showed, Flash is completely capable of hitting superboy-prime, whose skin is arguably as hard as Wolverine.
No, Wolverine would not be able to hit Flash on instinct alone, that is pretty absurd. Sure he has enhanced senses, but Flash moves at light speed. You can't sense that.
Also, who says Flash even needs to touch Wolverine. He could run circles around Wolverine, causing him to be unable to breathe, an ability many speedsters have used.
Wolverine would probably win this round, but all of us who wrote arguments for Flash know who would emerge victorious in a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back