• #9 Ted DiBiase

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#8 The Dynamite Kid Tom Billington vs. #9 The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (this is an ECW Regional match, so this match is conducted under extreme rules.)
3. Will crowd be a factor. The matches take place in Winnipeg.

Billington is great in the ring, but dibiase to me is the greatest heel ever, period. As great as dynamite is, it takes someoine incredibly special to beat the million dollar man. Dibiase wins an amazing match in over 20 minutes, where sadly enough both men can't advance.

I like DiBiase but he's up against one of the absolute best here. The man Benoit modelled himself on, Bret Hart called the greatest ever and i believe who is Jerichos favourite amongst man others. Those 3 opinions are more than enough to convince me, not that i really needed convincing. Billington was a better wrestler than Benoit, i'm not voting against him.

Ok, this is not going the way I thought it would. I thought Dynamite would run away with this one, given he is widely regarded as one of the best wrestlers in history and had a great career in the U.K, Japan, Canada, and eventually the United States. He was also one of the first wrestlers to begin wresting at the high pace that we are all now familiar with. As mentioned earlier, he was the role model for many top starts.

Now Ted DiBiase was also accomplished technically in the ring. He was able to get over during the territorial days and eventually with the WWF as well. He was a top heel in the top company for several years. He made Savage into a legitimate champion during Savages first run with the belt.

I think technically, DiBiase and Dynamite are very close and i cannot give out an edge here. Dynamites edge goes to his fast paced, incredible strength, and toughness. DiBiase's advantages are his smarts and cunning. And obviously he has the bankroll to hire outside help in the ECW environment. Frankly a vote for either one can be justified in my opinion. I voted when the polls had just opened and went with DiBiase because they appeared to be evenly matched and Dibiase had in my opinion the greatest heel character of all time. I also thought Dynamite would run away with it so I wanted to represent DiBiase and make the numbers closer. Either way it would be a series of matches that would make promoters salivate when they were both in their prime.

Wow. This shouldnt be such a wash out to dibiase. Jake will be livid lol.

This is so tough for me. Dibiase is one of my all time favorites. Dynamite is one of the, if not the best ever. Extreme rules encourages forieghn object use. But its in canada were dynamite will be crazy over. I just dont know.

Dynamite is great at everything. Selling, flying, and technical skill. I am unfamilure with his promo ability, I will admit. Dibiase on the other hand is just as good in technical skill and selling, and was able to get heat anywere, anytime he wanted. Myabe the best heel EVER, and had superb Promo skills.

I have to go Dibiase, only becuase of the ECW rules, were the use of forieghn objects is allowed, and encouraged. Dynamite has little background in the use of weapons, and hardcore battles, and I think Dibiase only goes over becuase he is the heel, and will be able to do anything he needs to do to overcome Dynamites superiority in any other areas. So close. so good. But dibiase barely after a bloody 30 minute battle

Man, I'm surprised this thing is becoming as lopsided as it is. Billington is simply amazing in the ring. i love DiBiase, but when it comes right down to it, he can't lace the boots on Dynamite. When guys like benoit, and Bret hart acknowledge that this guy is the best wrestler pound for pound, that's pretty damn impressive in my book.

Man, I'm surprised this thing is becoming as lopsided as it is. Billington is simply amazing in the ring. i love DiBiase, but when it comes right down to it, he can't lace the boots on Dynamite. When guys like benoit, and Bret hart acknowledge that this guy is the best wrestler pound for pound, that's pretty damn impressive in my book.

I think the problem that Dynamite has is the same problem as Dean Malenko had throughout his career. In the ring both of these two are among the best of all time easily. The problem is that neither of them were ever given any mike time, which for the most part is where a person gets over. Dibiase had some of the greatest promos and is one of the greatest characters ever. He's very much a heel version of Austin. Not a bad wrestler at all, but gets over on his gimmick and character.

Hey, I don't disagree for a second that Billington blows DiBiase out of the water in the ring. But this is ECW, a region Billington is unfamiliar with, and when I voted on this thing all I could help thinking was "Didn't this match happen before in the WWF in the 80s?" and I can't help but thinking DiBiase would definately enlist the help of some SHW to do his dirty work for him, or simply just buy the ref off for all we know.

That's the crazy advantage DiBiase has in this tournament, that the scenario I just mentioned is realistic. He's another major dark horse here along with Vader.

Plus, I didn't think the results were going to be so damn lopsided, where the HELL is Jake?!

you guys know as well as i do the million dollar man could nasty with the best of em . extreme rules? mabe not ecw original material, but i never recall seeing the bulldogs choke an opponet in the ropes while the refs back was turned..money incs more favourite tactics.

I know that ecw rules should favor an established heel like DiBiase, but it's not as if DK was never a heel. There is something about his demeanor in a few of the old TM matches, particularly the ones where Billington's head is shaved, that leads me to believe that he would have flourished in a promotion as vicious as old ecw. When you watch that old heel/thug Billington it seems that he would have preferred to cave in his opponents skull with a tire iron but due to the rules of the promotion he has to settle for beating the crap out of them barehanded.

They are tough to find but he had some pretty vicous matches in Stampede Wrestling as a heel, the matches would be pretty damn near as close to as vicous as ECW (no barbed wire or anything though but buckets of blood). The reason the videos are tough to find is anytime things got too hardcore Ed Whalen (the announcer) would call for the camera to be shut off because people would be offended by it. I think Dynamite is twice the wrestler Dibiase was (an thats no slight to Ted, Dynamite was that damn good) but I could see DiBiase winning in ECW he has the money to hire protection.

What this comes down to is who has the better gimmick. The Bulldogs were liked in WWE. But Dibiase was a superstar. He was awesome behind the gimmick. So awesome in fact that his lack of physique was never a problem. Reall did you ever pay attention to the fact the guy had hardly any muscle, yet he didn't look out of place next to Hogan & Savage? It's a hard one to chose. I picked Dynamite, but I can see why people voted for Dibiase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back