• Kratos

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round Two

wolverine-kratos.png

Both Wolverine and Kratos dominated their first round opponents, and that's not where their similarities end. These two men have been fighting their entire lives and both are capable of doing massive damage. But who will stand at the end? The rabid Wolverine or the God of War?

FIGHT!

I think Wolverine's name value will carry him to the next round. I'm leaning toward Kratos, because both have healing factors, but Kratos is capable of some magic and demi-god powers. I want to see how this one plays out though before I put in my vote.

I think Wolverine's name value will carry him to the next round. I'm leaning toward Kratos, because both have healing factors, but Kratos is capable of some magic and demi-god powers. I want to see how this one plays out though before I put in my vote.

I've seen Wolvie fuck up a god of death (and even become a sort of personification of death at one point). I think he can handle a god of war. Mind you, much of what Kratos is able to do in his quest for vengeance or whatnot is reliant upon the powers of others, like Hades or the Titans.

I'm leaning Wolvie at this point.

I'd have to go with Kratos here when you look at who's he defeated. I mean he defeated Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, and Hercules, along with various other God's and mythical creatures from The Hydra, Kraken, and Minotaur. You also can't forget that Kratos also defeated The Titan Kronos. I like Wolverine but I feel this is a terrible match-up for him. I think Kratos Blades of Chaos are a far superior to Wolverines claws when you look at the long range damage they could do. Kratos also possesses various magic abilities and can become immortal for a short while when he possesses the blade of Olympus. I'm sure Wolverine will take this though seeing how he's a far more familiar character than Kratos.

I got to give it to Kratos. I'm sure there have been examples of Wolverine killing maybe one or two gods but it was certainly never a thing he did all the time, unlike Kratos who has made it his mission to destroy almost all the gods.

I'm interested to see someone give an argument for Wolverine though, he could take this off name alone but I think we're seriously underestimating how well known GOW is.

Here is an argument for Wolverine.

Are we all forgetting his adamantium skeleton? That extremely indestructible metal that is stronger than anythying Kratos ever faced in his day? What exactly is Kratos going to do that will destroy that?

He doesnt have the abilities of magnetism like Magneto, so controlling it is out. Madusa's head? Not likely seeing as his healing factor will likely allow Wolverine to regenerate faster than the stone can set in. He can slice through damn near everything with his blades, but adamantium? I dont think so and have never seen evidence of him doing anything close to just that. He doesnt have anything powerful enough to destroy\alter things on a molecular level, so thats out. Kratos may have defeated gods of his time, but they didnt have claws and a skeletal system made of adamantium.

Both have tremendous healing factor, great speed and are tough as nails. This will be a bold and bloody fight here folks. They will literally give it all they got. Kratos may be a tough, near indestructible force, but he is just flesh and blood. In the end I see Kratos grabbing Logan by the throat and going for a final blow. Wolverine breaks free, spins and slashes at Kratos' neck- popping it clean off his shoulders. Logan lights up a cigar, cracks his neck and walks over his body on the way to the next round.

I think Wolverine's skeleton will be his saving grace. Kratos should be able to put in a bigger offence, but (as far as I know) the only way to kill Wolverine is to cut his head off. Kratos also strikes me as the kind of guy who will try to pull a man's intestines out through his mouth than simply cut his head off... Wolverine ftw

Here is an argument for Wolverine.

Are we all forgetting his adamantium skeleton? That extremely indestructible metal that is stronger than anythying Kratos ever faced in his day? What exactly is Kratos going to do that will destroy that?

I think it's debatable whether or not a adamantium skeleton is stronger than A God.

He doesnt have the abilities of magnetism like Magneto, so controlling it is out. Madusa's head? Not likely seeing as his healing factor will likely allow Wolverine to regenerate faster than the stone can set in. He can slice through damn near everything with his blades, but adamantium? I dont think so and have never seen evidence of him doing anything close to just that. He doesnt have anything powerful enough to destroy\alter things on a molecular level, so thats out. Kratos may have defeated gods of his time, but they didnt have claws and a skeletal system made of adamantium.

Once again I think you're underestimating the power of a God. Thanos was able to turn Wolverine's skeleton into a sponge I believe that was just when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. I imagine the likes of Zeus, Aries and so on are much stronger and can do much more. Yes Wolverine's spine are indestructible but it's not magic and I think they can still be affected by such.

Both have tremendous healing factor, great speed and are tough as nails. This will be a bold and bloody fight here folks. They will literally give it all they got. Kratos may be a tough, near indestructible force, but he is just flesh and blood. In the end I see Kratos grabbing Logan by the throat and going for a final blow. Wolverine breaks free, spins and slashes at Kratos' neck- popping it clean off his shoulders. Logan lights up a cigar, cracks his neck and walks over his body on the way to the next round.

This is really a more even match up then I thought, you bring up a lot of good points and it really just comes down to is can Wolverine's skeleton be affected by magic, which I think it can. It's not an easy win by any means but for now I'm still giving it to Kratos.

Once again I think you're underestimating the power of a God. Thanos was able to turn Wolverine's skeleton into a sponge I believe that was just when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. I imagine the likes of Zeus, Aries and so on are much stronger and can do much more. Yes Wolverine's spine are indestructible but it's not magic and I think they can still be affected by such.

So clearly you are an idiot and haven't actually read Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet stuff, because they make pretty clear that he is far beyond gods such as Ares and Zeus. Can't say I'm surprised though, you seem to make it a habit to talk about things you know nothing about.

DirtyJosé;4123491 said:
So clearly you are an idiot and haven't actually read Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet stuff, because they make pretty clear that he is far beyond gods such as Ares and Zeus. Can't say I'm surprised though, you seem to make it a habit to talk about things you know nothing about.

GOW and Marvel are too different universes, and even if you're right the point still stands that magic can affect Wolverine's skeleton. So once again I'm going to have to ask you stop being a prick and just have an open mind. I'll happily continue this argument over in the thread but I'm not going to let you ruin this one with more of you're trolling.

GOW and Marvel are too different universes, and even if you're right the point still stands that magic can affect Wolverine's skeleton. So once again I'm going to have to ask you stop being a prick and just have an open mind. I'll happily continue this argument over in the thread but I'm not going to let you ruin this one with more of you're trolling.

How is pointing out your inconsistencies and just flat out lies "trolling"? Stop being wrong so often, maybe you won't be so defensive.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Infinity Gauntlet makes any wearer greater than mere Greek Gods. Even within Greek Mythology, Zeus didn't "create" the world. The Gauntlet gives true and total omniscience and omnipotence to it's wearer. I know Zeus seems "more real" to you than some silly Marvel "false gods", but that's just the facts as I see them, chump.

Never said his skeletal structure was magic, its coated in adamantium. Does Kratos have magic? Yes. Does said magic have the ability to deconstruct things as the molecular level? Ok then, didnt think so. Show me where Kratos has the power to turn a nearly indestructible metal into a sponge and we will chat. Ill save you some research- he doesnt.

This is really a more even match up then I thought, you bring up a lot of good points and it really just comes down to is can Wolverine's skeleton be affected by magic, which I think it can. It's not an easy win by any means but for now I'm still giving it to Kratos.

What magic again? ...

Just because someone defeated the gods of his world doesnt necessarily mean he could defeat anyone in any universe. Zeus, Aries and the other greek gods are not all powerful creators like you may be mistaking them for. Yes they were quite powerful, yes they were dangerous, but they were not indestructible. They were the gods of respective area's (Aries- war, etc...) and each had their own strengths and weaknesses. All in all, I dont remember any of them having the power to alter the molecular structure of things. Which is exactly what you would have to do to render Wolverine's adamantium useless.

I played GOW and dont remember Kratos having magic capable of that. He is a savage\brutal fighter with some fantastic weapons but nothing I see that can destroy anything like adamantium. That means Wolverines claws are a great advantage. They both have a healing factor, but the fact Kratos has nothing to counteract the strength of the adamantium- that gives Logan a big edge..... (see what I did there?)

Wolverine gets his ass kicked, but ultimately walks away with a victory.

I think adamantium is the word of the day and it has swayed me to Wolverine's side. Kratos did have godlike power, but they were replaced a lot. Also Kratos was a savage mother fucker, but he did have a sense of honor toward some men. Wolverine would have been one of those men I believe. Because of that I don't think Kratos would go 100%. Sharp objects are going to be flying around like crazy here but I think Wolverine will edge it in one of the closer battles of the tourney.

It amazes me how people cannot simply debate, but have to throw around name calling and hateful sentiment.

Besides that, there were some actual well thought out (and presented) arguments but I have to give the edge to Wolvie because of the skeletal issue. That's what I was on the fence about, but Nightmare won me over with his rebuttal.

Still a good attempt from DKD with the Kratos argument. Kudos.

Kratos is unbelievably defiant. And it's the reason he gets as far as he does in the series. I understand Wolverine has his adamantium skeleton but that doesn't mean he's beyond being sent into a 2 minute nap by some obscene show of violence from Kratos. I'll wait for more people to speak and I'm not taking sides, but I hardly doubt the adamantium would help as much as people claim.

This would be a nice, knock down drag out brawl that would probably push both men to their limits.

I'm not a huge gamer or anything but based upon what I've read in various character biographies regarding Kratos, his powers have often fluccuated. He's defeated some extremely powerful foes throughout the game franchise but he's often done so due to tools & help that've been given to him by the gods. In the first game, for example, he was given a sliver of Poseidon's rage, he had Poseidon's Trident, he had Zeus' Thunderbolt and many other special weapons that he would eventually lose. I think a similar pattern emerged in the sequel games in which Kratos is able to temporarily gain additional weapons & powers before ultimately losing them.

If we're talking about Kratos as he was in the very beginning of the GOW series in which he has only his physical attributes and the Blades of Chaos, then I see Wolverine eventually beating him. Wolverine's healing factor coupled with the fact that his bones are infused with a virtually indestructible metal with claws that can cut almost any material and nearly unrivaled combat experience is enough against most opponents.

In terms of strength, Kratos has the edge but that's nothing new for Wolverine as he's frequently gone one on one with powerhouses like the Hulk, Thing, Namor and Colossus and fought to either a standstill or victory in most cases. In terms of stamina, I'd probably put it pretty even as Kratos is able to drain the lifeforce of others after wounding them with the Blades of Chaos. That would be a hurdle for Wolverine to overcome but he's defeated Omega Red at various times in the comics, who's able to do the same thing with his Carbonadium coils.

Agility and reflexes I'd give to Wolverine. Neither he or Kratos are on the same level as someone like Spider-Man in these areas, but they're both at superhuman levels but I think Wolverine has a slight edge.

If Wolverine faces off against Kratos when Kratos is in possession of all the various other powers and weapons he's had throughout the series, then it'll be a different story I think. Wolverine would give him a tough go before Kratos' physical powers along with his energy powers and godly weaponry would give him the win.

Since I didn't see any of those listed in Kratos' character biography for this tourney, I'm guessing that it's mostly just him and the Blades of Chaos so I'm sticking with Wolverine.

It'd eventually break down into a bloody brawl because neither man is known for being especially graceful in fights. While both highly skilled and do often display such skill, it's not at all uncommon for them to just throw technique out the window and go at their opponents like rabid animals.

This is a really tough one. Wolverine healing factor should be enough to stay in a battle for a long, long time. But with the beatings Kratos has taken and fought through, it's not an instant-win for Wolverine either. We're talking a demi-God that has seemingly beaten every god and godlike entity in Greek history, for the sake of vengeance and "making the bad dreams go away."

Kratos has range at his advantage. His list of available weapons is staggering, not to mention an impressive array of magical ability. What I think gives WOlverine the edge, outside of Kratos' range, is that Logan feels all the pain dished out towards him. Every slash, cut, severed limb, etc. He feels all of it. Sure it makes him more of a badass, and he can always recover from MOST any attack that comes his way, but sometimes the more serious injuries do take time. In X-3 he was shot in the forehead and knocked out for a minute. He got right back up after that, but that minute is still enough time for somebody to be declared the winner. Then again, I wonder if Kratos could actually get through adamantium...?

I'll say this: IF Wolverine can manage to get close and personal with Kratos (IE, close enough to stab him in the face) he could win the fight. But given any distance Wolverine has no utility. He's a brawler, and Kratos - while being one of the best all-time brawlers in his own right - has weapons that make this scenario shift in his favor. It's the advantages that are going to make this one interesting. I'm sure Wolverine will win on popularity, but it SHOULD be close if all is right with the world.

I am not sure who I am going to vote for yet, but can I just say, that this would be a matchup worth paying to see? Wolverine vs. Kratos seems like it would be the epic fight of all epic fights. These two could fight for a month straight without stopping. I am torn on this one. I think Wolverine's adamantium skeleton works to his advantage, while Kratos' ranged weapons works to his. Which is the greater advantage though? I remain unconvinced by either side so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back