Round 2: Unsex -vs- Vintage One

Discussion in 'Debater's League 2010' started by D-Man, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

AJ Styles recently had a tattoo done that has been widely panned by the IWC. Do tattoos affect a wrestler’s image or is this an overreaction by the fans?

This is a second round match in the Debater's League. Unsex is the home debater and gets to choose which side of the debate they will be on and who debates first, but they have 24 hours to make their choice.

This thread is for DEBATERS ONLY and will end on Friday at 2pm EST.

Good luck.​

2. Remix

Remix Is a thin rope

I'll be arguing that tatoos do affect a wrestler's image, and I'd like The Vintage One to go first.

3. Remix

Remix Is a thin rope

Since Vintage One has decided to no-show, in spite of me telling him via PM that the debate was up and which side he's taking I guess I'll go against my initial choice of debating second so that I can at least have the makings of a debate, even if I'm the only one actively participating.

Introduction

A tattoo, which as we all know is a marking made by inserting indelible ink under the surface of the skin. Now, this does have an impact on a wrestler's image for a few reasons which I will go into in more depth momentaraly.

Visually

Being, as they are unremovable inks in a layer beneith the surface of the skin tattoos do have an obvious impact on how a wrestler looks. Take Wade Barrett as an example, in the LDs there will invariably be a comment about his tattoo. Usually on whether it's meant to be a radioactive octopus. Just like John Morrison's abs and Sheamus looking like Casper's unfriendly albino cousin tattoos have a great part to play in determining a Wrestler's look.

Implications of being tattooed

Aside from their obvious visual impact, Tattoos send a message as well. A bigass tattoo of a crucifix, for example is an excellent indication of that person's christianity. However, more subtley Tattoos can also make you look a lot more threatening take this man for example:

[​IMG]

You certainly wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley would you? And Let's not forget that Tattos can lend themselves to gimmicks quite nicely. Take The Undertaker circa 2001, he was a biker. Now, being as tattooed as he was, he could pull that off very easily, and he did look like a biker who could, and would beat you shitless if you looked at him wrong. Part of the reason he looked like a hell's angel is because of the tattoos. You just couldn't buy somebody weho looked like a bank manager as The American Badass or Big Evil if their skin was as pure as a virgin's honeypot.

Tattoos can also have a personal Significance. You might have the name of a loved one tattooed on you somewhere, or other such tributes to those you love. The meaning is, obviously personal, but in choosing to publicly display them you are making a statement about those you love. In effect, you are wearing your heart on your sleeve in indelible ink form.

Undernieth the obvious tattoos send a message about what the person is like. For example: a lot of, or particularly large tattoos sends the message that this guy is a tough sonofabitch. This is because getting tattoos looks pretty damn painful, having a larger area of one's body covered with tattoos would logically hurt more. Putting up with that would make one particularly tough.

What does this mean for AJ

AJ's Tattoo is very noticable, very large and very personal (it's a tribute to his three sons, AJ, AJ and AJ). So what does this do for AJ's image? Combining what I've said above, it's should project an image that AJ is a tough guy that's not afraid to display his emotions for the world to see. Of course, by kayfabeing it to be a testament to himself (and the DOB of his children being made egotistical) it would make him a tough, self centred asshole who wants the world to know who he is and NEVER forget it.

So yeah, Tattoos do affect a wrestler's image, and AJ is no exception.

4. CH David

CH David A Jock That Loves Pepsi

Vintage One did not show up.

CH David scores this Unsex 5, Vintage One 0.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion

No show by Vintage One, 5 Points to Unsex.

6. BooCocky

BooCocky On A Nature walk with Daniel Bryan

Unsex wins by default...

Unsex-5
    Vintage one- 0

7. Cena's Little Helper

Cena's Little Helper Mid-Card Championship Winner

You should celebrate by taking some drugs through a suppository, Unsex :D.

5 points all to Unsex.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion

Full 20 points goes to Unsex by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.