Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round 2

jasonvsafro.png

Last round, Jason managed to kill off the original BAMF, Shaft, while Afro Samurai managed to slice his way past the deranged doctor, Faust. Afro is no slouch, and Jason is nothing short of a monster. Who will be chopping their way to victory in this one?

FIGHT!

Afro's got this. Jason may not be able to die but he can be incapacitated. Anyone see Jason X? Unfortunately I have. Well about halfway into the movie the android shoots Jason to shit and basically destroys him, if he had not fallen on a reanimation table that would have been the end of the movie. Plus in every movie he gets stopped by something, head cut off, stabbed somewhere, blown to shit and while he may come back every time, it usually takes him several months to years before he does.

In combat he's got no chance against the speed and skill of Afro. Afro's too fast and far too smart for Jason. I doubt Mrs. Voorhees baby boy would even get one hit in before getting chopped to pieces by Afro's blade.

Afro, easily.

Afro all day.

Red Skull already touched on Jason X. That android shot him to shit and he was essentially dead until movie magic caused him to fall on that medical table and it basically turned Jason into a cyborg.

Also in Freddy vs. Jason they are able to incapacitate him with some fairly potent sedatives.

The point being that Jason can be stopped. He may not be able to be killed in the traditional sense, but he can be stopped for 3 or 4 years, long enough for the next movie to come out. By the rules of the tournament all Afro has to do is incapacitate him.

While Jason is a big hulking figure, he is slow as shit. The only reason he ever catches people is because everyone in his movies trips and falls. Afro has the speed and skill to get in and cut Jason up. He did it to Justice, a man with a healing factor, the man with the #1 headband can do it here.

Jason might well be able to come back from the dead, but this tournament wont wait for a sequel to declare the winner. Afro cuts his damn head off and calls it a day. I really think this is lopsided. Afro isnt going to get hurt here, too quick. Jason can take alot of punishment and keep on walking, but Afro will take him out pretty easy.

Sword to the neck, head goes rolling down the hill. Afro takes this one.

Yeah nothing can be said that hasn't already been said. I still think it was ridiculous that Jason beat Shaft and I'll be damned if he beat another Sam Jackson favorite. Afro is way more skilled with his sword then Jason is with his machete (I believe that's what it is). Jason can die, Afro is smart enough, quick enough to chop Jason into pieces before he even realizes what he's dealing with.

The black guy doesn't die first in this horror movie. Afro wins easily.

Jason doesn't have to die in order for this to end. Afro is quicker, more skilled with a blade, and will chop off more body parts than universal quantum physics is able to handle, and easily. Jason has a hard time with idiot, clumsy high school students.

Jason shouldn't have even made it past Shaft. If it was "SUPER"natural Jason, it should have been in the Supers section. Being in the HUMANS section, it should be limited to deranged, thought dead but still alive, human Jason, which could NOT withstand bullets.

Want him to be the bullet taking, near invincible Jason? Put him in the Supers section where he belongs.

That being said, it's good to see that Jason should not advance past this round. A wrong being righted, that's a good thing.

Don't know much about Afro Samurai, but what I do know about him is that I will be voting for him.

Jason might be near immortality, but let's remember that on his way to becoming the #1, Afro Samurai defeated Jinno, who has shown near immortal characteristics on a similar level. After throwing himself off a cliff, Jinno returned in a mecha suit and was still bested by Afro. However, even this did not kill him as he later went on to return to fight Afro again and is, presumably, bested. While the third time he returns he does indeed defeat Afro, it's only after he is exhausted by a fight with a legion of other warriors. Considering that Jinno has both Jason's near immortality and vastly superior combat skills, it seems as though Afro should have a pretty simple victory here - Jason, ultimately, doesn't pose a threat that Afro hasn't already overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back