Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round Two

fox-vs-link.png

It's a battle straight out of Super Smash Bros. as two of Nintendo's finest square off! Will the leader of the Star Fox team's superior weaponry win him the fight, or will Link's skills as a warrior secure his victory?

FIGHT!

Link is maybe my favorite video game character of all time (him or Mario). However, he is totally outmatched here, and I have to vote for Fox.

1. Fox is just as quick, if not quicker then Link. At worst even, but more then likely advantage Fox.
2. Fox's weapons are much much more advanced then Links. Blasters vs. Bow and Arrows. Blaster wins.
3. While Link has Navi, or another aid explaining his opponents to him, Fox has communication with both his team (Slippy, Falco, and Mr. Barrel Roll himself Peppy), as well as their transport, who is known to drop supplies for him. 4 different aids, one of which drops supplies off for him; or a fairy or weird mask-wearing magic thing from Twilight Princess? Advantage Fox.

Fox wins this battle, which is a shame since Link is awesome.

The thing is, though, Fox might have technological superiority, but Link has many, many items in his inventory that could lead him on to victory. What's to say Link doesn't use the Mirror Shield to redirect Fox's shots back at him? What's to say Link doesn't use the Goron Mask to transform and become a tough creature that could withstand several shots? Hell, Link could use his slingshot to fire Deku Nuts at Fox, which stun the opponent with their blinding flash. After that it's a simple matter of using the Pegasus Boots to ram into Fox, knocking him off his feet or impaling him with the Master Sword.

Both characters are awesome but for sheer versatility Link can't be matched. Fox is a better pilot, but Link has his feet firmly on the ground and will make it out of this one the victor.

Link is maybe my favorite video game character of all time (him or Mario). However, he is totally outmatched here, and I have to vote for Fox.

Then it is time to prove you wrong. Link has this match won, and quite easily I might add.

1. Fox is just as quick, if not quicker then Link. At worst even, but more then likely advantage Fox.

Pegasus Boots. Link can outrun Fox if he equips them, and be able to more easily avoid Fox's blaster in the process.

2. Fox's weapons are much much more advanced then Links. Blasters vs. Bow and Arrows. Blaster wins.

It isn't always about how advanced something is. Link has items for every single situation. Link doesn't even need the strategy of using the Mirror Shield to deflect the blaster. He could simply use the Hookshot to steal it. Link is always prepared, no matter what the situation is. Say Fox did manage to get the kill.... Guess what? Link has four fairies in bottles. I highly doubt Fox would be able to outlast long enough to kill Link 5 times before getting killed first.

3. While Link has Navi, or another aid explaining his opponents to him, Fox has communication with both his team (Slippy, Falco, and Mr. Barrel Roll himself Peppy), as well as their transport, who is known to drop supplies for him. 4 different aids, one of which drops supplies off for him; or a fairy or weird mask-wearing magic thing from Twilight Princess? Advantage Fox.

Once again, the Hookshot gives Link a huge advantage here because Link would just steal the communicator while Fox tries to contact his team for help. The Boomerang is used to stun Fox, and while he is stunned Link shoots the Arrows of Light a few times for the win.

As Dagger said, Pegasus boots.

So you think fox's laser blaster will defeat link? This is the guy who drops bombs in front of himself, they explode and he survives. Though lets stick with the laser side of things, there's no way link could survive a laser hit surely?

images

Fuck you Beamos disproving ST's theory.

What's your point here? Allies? It's a one on one match therefore the extended characters won't coem into this. You could argue that link could just bring with him one of these:

Bottled_Fairy_(Twilight_Princess).png

Fox wins this battle,

No he doesn't.

I think that the arguments of who has the better allies is moot for what I can see this is meant to be a straight up one on one match. Fox or Link bringing in help from the likes of Navi, Midna, Falco, Slippy or any others would be an immediate DQ (if such allies were allowed, Link would win easily due to the combination of Midna and the Fused Shadow).

So in a straight fight, it comes down to fighting skills and the equipment that each has to hand. And whilst I might just give the base speed and agility edge to the military trained Fox, it is Link's vast superiority in varying equipment that will carry the day for the Hylian Hero of Time. For every weapon and skill that Fox has, Link has something that will counter it. The Hookshot is perhaps not as useful as it seems as Fox will be a moving and, if he is clever, attacking target if Link tries to use it but the Master Sword and the Mirror Shield have been proven to deflect the mighty energy blasts of Ganondorf so they are easily a match for Fox's blaster.

With his blaster rendered ineffective, Fox will have to resort to hand-to-hand and this is wear he might stand more of a chance but again Link has proven himself the most versatile of combatants and effective of tacticians, resisting the most violent of attacks from various skilled opponents and remaining unphased by the dangers they pose.

It might be an edgy fight but the Hero of Time always finds a way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back