Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
r2.jpg

The Steiner Brothers
vs.
Owen Hart & Yokozuna

Remember, Extreme Rules are in effect.

OH MY GOOOOD!!

Difficult match up here for me personally. I'm a big fan of both Owen Hart and Yokozuna, so naturally I thought their teaming was great. The only problem with voting for them here though is that in the grand scope of things, they really weren't a very impressive team. Yokozuna was well past his prime at that point, and their competition in the tag team division at the time was comprised of the Smoking Gunns and Men on a Mission. Suffice it to say, not exactly the most in-depth and talented tag division in WWE history.

Steiners on the other hand are one of the all time great teams. It sucks that alot of kids only see Scott Steiner as either that guy on TNA or as Big Poppa Pump, and haven't seen his early years, when he was one of the greatest professional wrestlers on the face of the planet. The things he was doing during the late 80s, early 90s were simply astounding, especially for a man of his size and stature. Add in their rampant success in just about every promotion and country on the face of the planet, and the Steiners have gotten my vote here, as they should capture yours.

This is tough for me. I love the team of Owen and Yokozuna, especially with Jim Cornette and the British Bulldog in their corner, but the fact of the matter is Scott and Rick were simply one of the best ever. They are my favorite Team’s favorite Team. I’m going to have to go with the original Motor City Machine Guns, the Steiner Brothers.

I'm going with the Steiners here as well. The Steiners are more than intelligent enough to stay away from Yoko. Owen was great, but certainly not great enough to stop both Steiners. They'll isolate Owen and work him over. The speed and power is too much for the Canadian Japan connection and the Steiners move on.

I echo the sentiments already posted. Owen and Yoko were a great tag-team. So good that I get the feeling that Jerishow is an attempted rehash by using the smaller, arch-heel to reinvigorate the career of a giant. Imitation = flattery and all that.

However, it is hard to look past the Steiners. In his early 90s prime, throwing Frankensteiners all over the place, Scotty could have been a match for Owen. Some double-team Steinerlines would take out Yoko long enough for a Screwdriver.

Steiners +1,
I don't really think there's much I can offer to this argument,
other than that Scotty used to have a sick mullet.

Awesome!

I agree with the above posters. Steiners have this one here. Yoko will give them fits but they will contain Owen and won't let Yoko do too much damage. Should be a good duel though, Steiners take the cake though.

Poor Hart and Zuna. But really, fucking Hart, turning on his brother, and joining with his brothers sworn enemy? I was crushed.

They seem to get praised, and I am not sure why. Maybe because they are both death? Not sure. Zuna was closing in on 750 by this time, or something. He was fat, slow, and even as I kid, I questioned this. Owen was doing all the work. And if Owen has to face the equally good technical wrestlers in the Steiners, he has no chance. Bye Canuck:(

Steiners no doubt will win this. This was one of the best tag teams featuring Scott at his best, going against a lot of competition back in the day. Hartzuna did not do much as a tag team to the extent the Steiner brothers did. Considering how Steiners are much better at tag team wrestling in general over Hartzuna, despite what the rules may consist of, Steiners will destroy the opponents.

I'm with the masses here. Hart and Yoko were a good team, and carried the division through a tough time, but they don't ever equal anything the Steiners did, even towards their end in '96 and '97. Throw in the ECW rules, and all the Steiners have to do is grab Owen, and drag him away from the ring. How would Yoko even be in the equation there? Toss Owen up a few rows of bleachers, and Yoko is just standing there watching.

Don't forget, the building was known for it's lack of air conditioning...Yoko would literally die in that heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back