Round 2, Day 2

Naitch vs. Goldberg

• #3 Ric Flair

• #35 Goldberg

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way in hell under any circumstance in any era, in any ring does James Storm last more then two minutes with a primal Vader. Does anyone else besides me think that if Storm smashed a beer bottle on Vaders head that Vader would absolutely just kill him? Vader wins, and doesn't break a sweat. IC25, Vader is looking to be a real good pick.

Yup, I went with Homicide too. The TNA guys are dropping way too early. Angle, Cage, Styles and Sting may be the only ones left after this round (I'm not certain on that, as I don't have the tournament memorized).

Anyway, in a six sided ring under standard rules, with Homicide's versatility - as Jake said - the Gringo Killah takes this one. Any undecided voters, I urge you to vote Homicide. This one is close.

The Sandman in his prime isn't half as good as Edge was as a rookie. Edge is so damn good at almost any match type he is put in, and he delivers every damn time. I'm a fan of the Sandman, but he fills a niche, and that is all. Edge is smarter, faster, and i would say Stronger then the Sandman. The Sandman is more hardcore, but he won't last long enough to do anything like that.

Does anyone watch wrestling that doesn't have a WWE logo in the bottom left corner? Matt Hardy shouldn't be in the same ring with STeve Corino. Hardy is very bland and just boring. I don't understand the appeal that the two Hardy Boyz have besides hitting high spots. There match work is routinley terrible. If they happen to have a good match, it's purely accidental. Steve Corino is a work horse and a wrestlers wrestler. Hell, the WWE wants him to develop guys, that's saying something.

I think everyone has summed it up pretty nicely, Mysterio is better, but can't be Sid. It's odd, but true. As much flying around as Mysterio could do, he has nothing in his arsenal that can wear Sid down enough to beat the big man. Sid is a crazy son of a bitch anyway. I can see Rey going for a Hurricanrana, and Sid powerbombing him through the mat.

On a side note, The IWC loves smaller guys, but hates Rey Mysterio. I have never understood this.

I really think Jarret is under appreciated for how good he actually is, but I hate to vote for the Big Show. The Show, when he's not a big fat lazy bastard, is dangerous as all hell. The guy when he is in shape is enjoyable to watch. Sure, you're not going to be dazzled with an array of technical moves, but when you're as big as Show, you only need power. Too much power for Jarrett to handle.

On a side note, The IWC loves smaller guys, but hates Rey Mysterio. I have never understood this.
I know what you mean. And what's even more amazing about this is that Rey Mysterio is probably the most talented and best wrestling small guy wrestler in the entire North American continent. Rey Mysterio is one of the best workers in the entire world, and the IWC can't stand him.

My theory? Rey is successful, with championships and is a big draw. Thus, the IWC doesn't like him. Because the IWC dislikes anyone who is successful.

Results are here

I can see Goldberg having the Ring advantage as there are more ropes to bounce off of. But we are talking about the Naitch when he is in his prime. So we are talking a very good wrestler that put on great matches. He has put on Stinkers but if you look at the match he had against Triple H on Raw it does show that he can still go. I was enthralled by the story telling of that match. So I can say that Flair has a decent chance and failing that he use a distracted Referee to cheat with the Low Blow for the roll up win.

Results are here

The actual scoreline indicates the chance that James Storm has of beating Vader in any ring let alone the Ring in which James Storm would have an advantage. I think HBK-aholic made a joke vote when voting for Storm but noone would match up to Vader unless they are Main Eventer. Simple as that. No contest in that regard.

Results are Here

Sabu was good during the 90's and early 2000's but does it justify his being in the third round. Same question about Homicide can you justify him going to the third round. I can't really justify either but Sabu gets through just based on his will to win and the fact that he competed after breaking his Jaw. So it goes to Sabu on that basis.

Results are here

This is easy it is Edge. Noone can say that he can't do hardcore, He is that damned good that he can do anything in the ring he wants. Edge is just too smart to lose to Sandman in a match. The majority of the match time is taken up with the Sandman's entrence and the rest is taken by a spear from Edge plus the Three count.

Results are here

This would be a good match up, I would say that Show will win this one on the basis that he can use Weapons as well as his Physical self to dominate. I would give Triple H the edge in a Normal match, same with Jeff Jarrett but in an Extreme Match I give the match to Show. Too Dangerous in this situation.

James Storm is cool. But again he's not going to win over a proven veterain. Let alone somebody who's an athletic super-heavyweight. The only way Storm would win this watch would be if it was WWE booked.

Both make decent hardcore wrestlers. But Edge does it with style and crace. Sandman get's hit and hit hard. But only because that is the only thing he's capable of doing. Edge does what Sandman does, but more impressively.

I still say that Jarrett is nothing more than a mid card wrestler that's been pushed more than he should have been. But the same can be said for the Big Show. The only difference is that Jarrett isn't lazy and has more to offer. Big Show if he weighed less and kept in shape would take this. But as soon as that WWE contract was signed he gave up. Jarrett on the other hand is a hard worker.

I can't be bothered doing the poll linking thing anymore it takes to long. I give this match to Sid just on the Size and strength advantage he has. Mysterio is one of the Best Ever. He is not Over-Rey-ted. He is just pushed beyond what it is feasible for him to be in the WWE. Sid wins this just on the size and strength advantage allowing him to hit Rey harder with a steel chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back