Round 2, Day 1

Discussion in 'The 2nd Annual WrestleZone Tournament (2008)' started by Shocky, Feb 2, 2008.

?

HBK vs. X-Pac

1. #1 Shawn Michaels

2. #32 Sean Waltman

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

#1 Shawn Michaels vs. #32 Sean Waltman

The following match takes place in San Antonio, TX under normal WWE Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
    2. Will rules of a region come into play
    3. Will crowd be a factor.

2. Shocky

#16 Ultimo Dragon vs. #48 Jesse the Body Ventura

The following match takes place in San Antonio, TX under normal WWE Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

3. Shocky

#8 Raven vs. #25 Ron Simmons

4. Shocky

#9 Bam Bam Bigelow vs. #41 Elijah Burke

5. Shocky

#2 Eddie Guerrero vs. #31 The Iron Sheik

The following match takes place in El Paso, TX under normal WCW Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is old school WCW, so the ring entrance and the ring are on the same level.)

6. Shocky

#15 Low Ki/Senshi vs. #18 Gregory Helms

The following match takes place in El Paso, TX under normal WCW Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is old school WCW, so the ring entrance and the ring are on the same level.)

7. Shocky

#7 The Immortal Hulk Hogan vs. #26 Hernandez

8. Shocky

#10 Shelton Benjamin vs. #23 The Enforcer Arn Anderson

9. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

This isn't even close. Hernandez is a good up-and-comer, but he's no where near Hogan's class. It's going to take a top tier star to topple the Immortal One, especially when it's WCW rules. Even with a home field TNA advantage, Hernandez wouldn't last.

10. HBK-aholic

HBK-aholic Shawn Michaels ❤

Shawn would win this no problem. He is one of the best wrestlers I have ever seen; and is good at every aspect of wrestling. X-Pac is also talented and in DX in the 2 were great and very entertaining. However I always got the impression X-pac was more all aout gimmicks than an actual match.

I think Shawn would carry this match quite easily, and would end up with a win by Sweet Chin Music. I think Shawn would need to demonstrate technical wrestling ability over X-pac to secure the win. And aso being in San Antonio, Shawn's hometown, can only be a good thing as the crowd would automatically love him and he would work harder due to that.

11. tarp

tarp Pre-Show Stalwart

I do think Shelton is underused in WWE. He is a great athlete. However AA is the enforcer. AA would work over the legs of Shelton and wear him down. If that is Shelton doesn't go for a quick move and AA ends it by catching him with the Spinebuster for the win. AA all the way in this one.

12. tarp

tarp Pre-Show Stalwart

IC 25 its time for Vader to go down. Naw just kidding. Vader destroys Elijah. I see him showing Elijah how to use the ropes with that sick moonsault.

13. RKO Orton

RKO Orton Guest

This wouldn't be much of a match if you ask me. Michaels has been one of the most popular wrestlers of all time, always got cheered for (unless he was in Canada). Same cannot be said for X-Pac. To top it off it's under WWE rules, this is too easy. Shawn Michaels in 5 minutes.

HBK-aholic likes this.
  14. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

The NWO syxx waltman could hold his own against shawn, I dont think this would be quite the squash everyone is making it out to be. I think shawn would win, obviously, but this match could be pretty damn entertaining IMO. The crowd would be absurdly in favor of HBK. The clique Vs X pac heat lol. Shawn is one of the all time greats. Waltman...is not...

HBK-aholic likes this.
  15. Mighty NorCal

Vader is not involved in this match sir^^^

It was a travesty that Elijah went over delirous. The man has done NOTHING in the buisness. Bam Bam, on the other hand is one of the top three big men of all time. Bam Bam destroys Elijah in short order here.

16. Mighty NorCal

I cant allow Arn to get buy on maybe having being better outside of the horsemen. Even in his prime, Arn isnt better tha Shelton Benjamin. YEA. I fuckin said it. Arn was a great, great, great technical wrestler. Benjamin COULD be great if he was allowed to be. Great, and better than AA. I go Benjamin here.

17. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

I've actually become a bit addicted to Bigelow matches lately, and so can assure you the man would beat seven shades out of Elijah Burke without even breaking into a sweat.

Delirious was unpredictable enough to maybe stand a chance, but what's Burke got to defend himself? Lovely hair?

18. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

Nobody remembers Ventura for his wrestling matches. What he's know for is making Monsoon bearable. Other than that and his kick as roles in Predator & The Running Man that's it.

Dragon was awesome. The fact WWE never booked a proper Rey/Dragon feud annoys me still to this day.

19. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

Simmons is winning? Why? He was shit. Terrible wrestler. First black world champ? That's only a big deal if you make it a big deal. It was the 80's not the 50's. The guys black, who gives a shit. His race is only relevant if you're a bigot.

20. HBK-aholic

I agree with Jake. He's remembered for that reason, and I don't think it's fair. He was okay, but nothing spectacular. His memory has also kind of lived on in these foums due to the 'Damn' picture lol.

Raven, also wasn't much good when it came to wrestling, but he was entertaining. And I think he's well known. He'd do a lot better if this was a hardcore match because that was obviously what he's best at, but I think here Raven would still come away with the win.

21. Agrex

Agrex The Canadian Sensation

Looks like HBK is having a pretty easy ride in this tournament. I definately had to go with HBK, no doubt. I like X-Pac, but Shawn Michaels is just one of the best damn wrestlers out there. HBK has verything over Waltman. This match would no doubt go to HBK.

HBK-aholic likes this.
  22. HBK-aholic

I say Benjamin. I think he is underrated due to how he is used by the WWE. I don't think he's ever been allowed to show some of his originality and grow as a wrestler properly. I also think if he was used differently he could make it quite big.

I'm giving this one to Benjamin because I think he deserves to go further in this. He's good at what he does. and I aren't saying Anderson wasn't, but I think after a very good match Benjamin would go away with it.

23. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

Somebody being underused or underrated is not an excuse to vote for them against one of the best ring generals of all time. Anderson, if anything, is far more underrated than Benjamin because his role was so often to elevate his friend Ric Flair. But if you look at Anderson's matches, the man was a surgeon in the ring.

And has anybody stopped to wonder WHY Benjamin hasn't been pushed? Don't give my any "politics" bull shit because HHH himself, the man many of you run down for holding down the younger talent, made benjamin look GREAT and put him over several times on Raw. There's more going on with Shelton than we know - maybe he's lazy, maybe he's unmotivated, whatever. Anderson was never these things. Nobody every questioned him. He did his job and it didn't matter how much "playing time" he got because he was a focused, consummate professional.

Anderson in 12 minutes.

24. Shadowmancer

Shadowmancer I am The Last Baron

Results are Here

Im going to go with Double A on this one. He has the power advantage while being good to great in the ring. Shelton isn't Underrated he is Underused, which is a completely different thing. But Double A is the legend that has created one of the most Iconic moves in Wrestling the Spinebuster a plausible power move that would decimate the opponents. If we had a Four Horsemen Smiley I would use that right now. But The Enforcer is one of the Greats to never win a World Title. Benjamin is nowhere near where he could get to if he works at it and the WWE Creative don't get bored with him.

25. RVDgurl

RVDgurl Mrs. Danielson

This is amazing. Raven is probably the best in ring psychologist that wrestling has ever seen. And his character development is unparalleled. This guy could work his ass off in just about any style of match.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.