Round 2; 27 Sonic the hedgehog v 38 Resident evil

?

• Sonic

• Resident Evil

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
256px-Sonic1_box_usa.jpg

v

Resident_Evil_1_cover_art.jpg

If I want to play a game where all you do is run, And jump. I'd play Mario, Not Sonic, I fucking HATE Sonic.

If I want to play a game with good puzzles, A great story, And settings, I'll play a real game like Resident Evil.

For fucks sake's vote Resident Evil.

Resident Evil was like nothing you'd seen before.
Sonic was like everything you'd seen before, only quicker

Vote Resident Evil

Sonic the Hedgehog was an awesome game. Sure it was mostly just running, jumping, and rolling around, but it was one of the most fun games I've ever played. Sonic is just as good as Mario, there is no reason any blind hate towards it. I enjoy Sonic more than Resident Evil, so I'm voting for it, you should too.

I like both these games a lot.
I've always liked Sonic and have no problem with it. It is a very fun game that is easy to play. Resident Evil though is a game that changed all survival horror games. It was scary, was challenging and had a great storyline.
I like them both, but in my opinion Resident Evil is a much better game than Sonic.
My vote goes to Resident.

Looks like I'm going against my usual rule of not voting for two games from the same franchise, because I have to vote for Resident Evil here. Loveless summed up the match up pretty well in a nut shell. I love Sonic, don't get me wrong, but the sequels were far superior to the original. By a pretty hefty margin. Actually you could apply the same thing to Resident Evil though, the sequels are all better.

Still, atrocious voice acting aside, Resident Evil is the superior game of the two. The pioneer of the survival-horror genre, you can't discount just how great of a game it was when it first scared the piss out of a generation of gamers in 1996. It should earn your vote here, it certainly earns mine.

I love the Resident Evil franchise, and without the first game of course we would never have the far superior sequels. It helped the industry gain more interest in the S.H. genre, something at the time that seemed would never jump off because at this time the platforming genre was at a all time high. As good and important as the first RE game is, after 2002 you can look at the game differently due to the amazing remake on the GC. I don't think I could go back and play this game again. Why? I could just throw in the GC version in my Wii and be completely good.

RE might of pushed a genre but, the blue guy pushed an entire console for those saying "all you do is run and jump". Have you ever heard of Super fucking Mario? As simplistic as the formula is Sonic hit the gaming industry hard and the sequels game with amazing results just like the first game. Till this day I can pick up Sonic 1 and instantly have tons of speedy fun (If you don't own Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection shame on you).

If want to throw in the argument of how these games created a large franchise and branched off into other media, you can say Sonic dominated in that aspect as well. While RE had 3 big budget films, sadly Paul W. S. Anderson was involved with all 3 (and a 4th installment is in the works titled Resident Evil: Afterlife, expect this one to suck ass harder than the first 3). I'd gladly watch the 1999 OVA Sonic movie anytime than those disasters, Resident Evil: Degeneration was great and the best RE movie we will probably ever see the only problem I had with it was the dialogue seemed to be written by the undead themselves. Speaking animation I know I'm not the only one here who loved waking up as a kid and watching Saturday morning cartoons and Sonic had 4 well written and done series. Manga and comics as well, with the new series Sonic Universe, the blue guy has been to almost every aspect of media and has done well in each one.

Wow...sorry I'm done ranting lol but...yea just vote for Sonic or Dr. Robotnik will turn you into a evil mindless robot!!!

Sonic has always had a different flare for me, I used to watch the show as a kid so I felt I could relate more to the games. I feel bad here because I enjoyed Resident Evil as well. It wasn't quite as good as RE4 but good nonetheless. This is easily one of the harder match ups because both games have left their impact on me.

After consideration I'm going to go with Sonic the Hedgehog. I'll be supporting RE4 to the bitter end and I consider Sonic to be better than Sonic 2 so it's the game I'll be pushing to represent the Sonic franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back