Round 2; 113 Silent Hill 3 v 80 Twilight Princess

?

• Silent Hill 3

• Twilight Princess

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Sh3_boxart.jpg

v

250px-TP_Wii.jpg

Tough battle here for SH3, nonetheless it should advance. I don't think there's any question that when it comes to the fear factor of a survival horror game, no one trumps the Silent Hill franchise. Silent hill combines psychological and visual horror perfectly like no other games. I feel Silent Hill 3 was the apex of this. With having disturbing and gorgeous graphics even to this day thanks to the PS2, and the signature Silent Hill psychological horror, Silent Hill 3 for me at least has always been THE survival horror game. Do the right thing, if you're a survival horror fan, then you must want to see a game from the Silent Hill franchise make it far.

Vote Silent Hill 3

Gotta be Silent Hill 3. While I prefer the original game to the sequels, they're all very good games at the end of the day, and SH3 is probably the second best after the original. Silent Hill is extremely underrated in the world of survival horror, constantly churning out great titles and never getting as much credit or acclaim as the Resident Evil series, despite it's high quality.

Twilight Princess, as I've said before, I've never played. But I'm already supporting two other Zelda games, SH3 gets my vote here and I hope it gets yours as well.

I voted for Silent Hill 3. It's the franchise that other horror games can look to for examples on perfectly mixing fear into gaming.

I voted for Twilight Princess. I've always been a huge fan of the Zelda franchise, so once this was out I grabbed it as soon as I could. Although it may not be the best game of the series in my opinion, it really shows a different side to the Zelda games. Twilight Princess is alot darker than previous games and has a completely different feel to what the Zelda franchise usually give us. It has a very solid story to it and the gameplay is fantastic. This game shows that it's not just a little guy with a sword fighting off the bad guys, it's dark depressing and really shows off the characters brilliantly not to mention the amazing graphics. Although there are usually different tastes in the style of gaming, Twilight Princess is just one great big package for all gaming fanatics to enjoy. Whether you're a fan of the whole series or just the concept and style of this game, you should definatley give your vote to Twilight Princess.

Reactions: gd
Hmm, tought choice here. Both are very solid games. Silent Hill is a great series and really has done a great job with the horror genre. However, TP, like most other Zelda games, is top notch. It definetly gives us something different in the Zelda series as well as great gameplay and storyline.

I voted for Twilight Princess. I've always been a huge fan of the Zelda franchise, so once this was out I grabbed it as soon as I could. Although it may not be the best game of the series in my opinion, it really shows a different side to the Zelda games. Twilight Princess is alot darker than previous games and has a completely different feel to what the Zelda franchise usually give us. It has a very solid story to it and the gameplay is fantastic. This game shows that it's not just a little guy with a sword fighting off the bad guys, it's dark depressing and really shows off the characters brilliantly not to mention the amazing graphics. Although there are usually different tastes in the style of gaming, Twilight Princess is just one great big package for all gaming fanatics to enjoy. Whether you're a fan of the whole series or just the concept and style of this game, you should definatley give your vote to Twilight Princess.

*clap clap clap*

Spot on, people see twilight princess and say "oh it's not as good as OoT" so? It's still a damned good game, mixing the darkness with the little humour in, plus there's no fricking tingle. I loved this game, both on wii and GC, the controls were fantastic.

Last round someone said it wasn't innovative enough....Link turns into a worlf FFS what more do you want?!

Honestly I don't remember anything that really stood out about Silent Hill 3. Major lack of any innovations in gameplay; the game doesn't do anything major that the series hasn't done before; does little in terms of innovation and doesn't offer much beyond the other titles in the series. And of course which is a major point to me the camera and control system. On the other hand like always Miyamoto gives us his best whenever a top Nintendo player has a new installment in the series. One of the darkest Zelda's since Majora's Mask and gives us everything we could want from a Zelda entry.

Major lack of any innovations in gameplay; the game doesn't do anything major that the series hasn't done before;
It's the third installment in a series that perfected survival horror, it shouldn't need to do anything new, but it did anyway.
does little in terms of innovation and doesn't offer much beyond the other titles in the series.
Little? For the first time you played as a female lead, and not just any female lead, a very damn realistic one to the situation around her. Who acted her age as well.
And of course which is a major point to me the camera and control system.
Camera issues? Never came across any. The controls were typical for a survival horror game of its time.

I noticed you threw the word "innovative" around a lot. Do tell what was so innovative about twilight princess. He turned into a wolf? A werewolf innovative?

It's the third installment in a series that perfected survival horror, it shouldn't need to do anything new, but it did anyway.

Little? For the first time you played as a female lead, and not just any female lead, a very damn realistic one to the situation around her. Who acted her age as well.

Camera issues? Never came across any. The controls were typical for a survival horror game of its time.

I noticed you threw the word "innovative" around a lot. Do tell what was so innovative about twilight princess. He turned into a wolf? A werewolf innovative?

TP was innovative in the context of the Zelda series, it did the hardest thing to do, it went back to the likes of Majoras mask, whilst moving forward and brining in a whole new story to the series. It built on the legends of the Sheikah, it brought in the Oocca, it brought back Epona and looked mighty damned fine. You have to remember the games before TP were Windwaker and four swords, this game is a MAJOR improvement in this. One of the most underated games ever.

But oh marquis hates nintendo, so that's fine :ass:

TP was innovative in the context of the Zelda series, it did the hardest thing to do, it went back to the likes of Majoras mask, whilst moving forward and brining in a whole new story to the series. It built on the legends of the Sheikah, it brought in the Oocca, it brought back Epona and looked mighty damned fine. You have to remember the games before TP were Windwaker and four swords, this game is a MAJOR improvement in this. One of the most underated games ever.

But oh marquis hates nintendo, so that's fine :ass:

That's all fine, I'm sure its innovative for a Zelda series, but my argument is that i don't see how its more innovative then SH3, for i guess you can say a Silent Hill game. You played as a female lead for the first time, I'm sure you know how rare a female lead in a game is, who had realistic emotions compared to other protagonists in the series. What we both posted is character/story innovation for the franchise. I'll take your word TP had that, but i don't see how it was any better then SH3's.

Hate is such a strong word.

You played as a female lead for the first time, I'm sure you know how rare a female lead in a game is, who had realistic emotions compared to other protagonists in the series.
Gameplay out weights a gender for the lead character. You're pushing that point like it's some breakthrough thing, which is silly since this is a 2003 game. Lara Croft, Samus Aran, Joanna Dark, The DOA girls, Jill Valentine, Rayne, Mary from Alien Syndrome, Just about every FF game has a female protagonist. I could list a few more, sure it's not as common as a male lead, but it's not rare as you seem to make it out to be, and it sure shouldn't be your main point in a discussion in which we are talking about which is a better game.

Sorry for responding so late, I'll respond to the rest tonight

I feel bad that I missed Silent Hill 3 in the first round, I'd have to say this game was the best of the series (which is hard because I liked 1 and 2 as well) and one of my favorite horror survival games. The characters had real depth and the story was great (I was overjoyed when the movie combined so many themes from this game.) I felt connected to the game while I played it, you feel the characters pain and anguish.

I haven't played Twilight Princess but I have started Ocarina of Time and so far it's great. But based on other arguments I can conclude that while Twilight Princess is a solid game, it's lacking when compared to some of the others in the series. I've read several arguments claiming that SH3 is the best in its series, giving it further momentum.

After consideration I have to give the vote to Silent Hill 3

Gameplay out weights a gender for the lead character. You're pushing that point like it's some breakthrough thing, which is silly since this is a 2003 game. Lara Croft, Samus Aran, Joanna Dark, The DOA girls, Jill Valentine, Rayne, Mary from Alien Syndrome, Just about every FF game has a female protagonist. I could list a few more, sure it's not as common as a male lead, but it's not rare as you seem to make it out to be, and it sure shouldn't be your main point in a discussion in which we are talking about which is a better game.

The gender wasn't the main point, it was the fact that you played as a female lead who acted more human then the last two protagonists at the time. Thus effecting the story of the game, since it was nice to see someone act semi real of the situation of fucking monsters running around. It effected the story, since without giving spoilers it was cool to see her numb i guess you can to her surroundings as the story progressed. you may value gameplay, but i value a good story and protagonist just as much.

And female leads are as rare as i make them out to be. Those female leads you listed are only a handful compared to the many male ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back