Round 1: Wolverine vs. The Hood

Discussion in 'Supers Section' started by JGlass, Sep 8, 2012.

?

Who wins?

1. Wolverine

2. The Hood

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

Round One

[​IMG]

Wolverine has spent his entire life hunting down bad guys, but has he ever gone one on one with a man that is possessed by one of the most powerful demons in existence? The Hood's powers are certainly no joke, but are they enough to defeat Weapon X?

Fight!

2. Shotaro

Shotaro WZCW's James Howard

Could the Hood kill wolverine? Maybe, Hood can after all distort reality, he has also bested Professor X in mental combat and Can subdue Hulk in melee combat.

This isn't about killing this is about incapacitating. The Hood could easiy incapacitate wolverine and would probably be able to kill him as well.

HOOD WINS

3. Rainbow Yaz

Rainbow Yaz Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
    E-Fed Mod

Wolverine is the ultimate killing machine. With his heightened senses and Weapon X enhancements there isn't much he can't take on. Even if The Hood can distort reality he has to find a way to stop a man with an adamantium skeleton. Show me how he can do that and I may back off my position, but right now Wolverine takes it.

4. Shotaro

He can change reality, that adamantium skeleton, he can make it bone. Hell he could make it mercury. He could do what he did to the thing and change the floor to water, how's Wolverine as a swimmer? How would he fair if the water became concrete?

Bear in mind that this is just ONE of hoods abilities, it's well known by now that I'm far from an expert about Marvel, but comparing their abilities it's clear that although Wolverine is powerful, Hood is stronger.

5. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

No he can't. The Hood is not Scarlet Witch, his magical abilities do not stretch nearly that far. I have no idea where you got this information from, but to my knowledge The Hood has never warped reality once. If he did, he'd be a lot more than a street-level bad guy.

If you read the Hood's bio you'll see that his abilities do not stretch nearly that far. He can do some dark magic, but he's more in the business of resurrecting the dead or haunting people, not warping reality.

I was really hoping The Hood could make a run here, but he's fucked. He has nothing that can stop Wolverine. Even if he unleashes the full power of Dormammu, I have little doubt that Wolverine would be able to destroy him. It would be a closer fight, but fire and electricity are not enough to slow one of Marvel's greatest killers down.

Wolverine wins here.

6. Shotaro

Two words: infinity gems, The Hood had them so I assumed that would count. He turned the floor of the Baxter building to water in order to defeat the thing. Much as I hate to say it Wikipedia is usually pretty good for comic characters which was my source in this case.

EDIT: Now that I'm at my PC and not on my phone I can link the Source. Admittedly if the infinity gems are not allowed because he no longer has them then he is indeed fucked.

7. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

If you want to start going that direction I can site how deadly Wolverine was when he was a Horseman of Apocalypse, or I can point out that when Magneto ripped the Adamantium from his skeleton he was just as deadly as his healing factor ramped up to unreal levels.

You have every right to give The Hood the infinity gems, but I think that's sort of a cheesy argument. It's basically admitting that The Hood needs cosmic intervention to beat Wolverine.

8. Shotaro

But he DOES need cosmic intervention to beat Wolverine. Without the infinity gems he's less than a speedbump on Wolverine's path to the next round. He's going out anyway unless the poll swings wildly in his favour (which it won't because Wolverine is vastly more popular) so I figure we should at least give him his full power and let him win in the thread.

I know his bones would heal if you cut out his skeleton but how quickly did it happen? surely he'd be a puddle of flesh for a little while.

9. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

Except they're not his full power. The infinity gems are a temporary extra for The Hood, not part of him. Wolverine has had times when he's been temporarily more powerful than usual, but there's no sense in arguing that because it's a rare example in the long history of a character that's already badass enough as it is.

Basically, it seems like you're grasping at straws just to vote for a guy that you know doesn't deserve to win.

10. Shotaro

I am, mostly because I think Wolverine is one of the most over-used characters in comics (I get WHY that is but I still don't like it) and that over use of characters is another factor why I prefer DC (they've been doing a similar thing with Deadpool too; it seems as though as soon as a character gets popular they suddenly show up EVERYWHERE,) a couple of years ago Wolverine appeared in several books as a regular character and it felt like everytime I went into a comic store I saw the words Guest Starring Wolverine on 10 or 12 others. It means that I've gone from "Hey Wolverine is badass!" to "meh, Wolverine." If he was only in a couple of books it wouldn't bother me but for a while he was EVERYWHERE there was an over-saturation of Wolverines (and not only that but badly used Wolverines where they ignored everything but his healing power and made him into a glorified punching bag) and it really annoyed me.

I'll probably argue against him next round too - it all depends on wether or not I dislike his opponent more, a vote for Wolverine from me is more a condemnation of his opponent rather than a vote on his strength.

11. Silly Willy Nilly Vanilly in the Milly

Can't add much more than what has already been said. The Hood's infinity gems would be the only way he could put up a real fight with Wolverine, and since the gems are an accessory, whereas Wolverine's adamantium framework is, Wolverine would easily take Hood out. Kinda hard to count out one of Marvel's greatest killers, even if Hood used the gems.
    Vote: Wolverine.
    Note: No bias according to my sig was used in the making of this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.