Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One

travisvslink.png

In this very interesting matchup, we see two of Nintendo's swordsmen take each other on. Travis Touchdown is loud, crude, and has a total disregard for his or anyone else's safety. His lightsaber and his attitude have allowed him to become the number one ranked assassin in the world. Link, however, is the strong and silent type. He has saved the world on numerous occasions from the likes of evil sorcerers Ganondorf and Vaati, and with a whole bevy of equipment on his side is ready to do it once again. It's classic vs. new era in this exciting matchup!

FIGHT!

This one is interesting. On one side you got the lightsaber wielding Travis where on the other side you got the many weaponed wonder Link. I voted for Link because of his many weapon options. I think that truthfully nothing can stop a light area and Travis who has no ability to block magic would be out of luck. Also, I would imagine Link to have some Deku nuts handy which would draw Travis in only to stun him with his nuts and then get the finishing blow with the Master sword. Anyway, my inner nerd has to go with Link on this one.

Travis should really win this one, I mean you put a guy with a lightsaber against a guy with a sword it doesn't matter how skilled they are, lightsaber wins. However Link has such an arsenal that I think he would overwhelm Travis with some Light Arrows and finish him off with the master sword. Link Wins!

Travis should really win this one, I mean you put a guy with a lightsaber against a guy with a sword it doesn't matter how skilled they are, lightsaber wins. However Link has such an arsenal that I think he would overwhelm Travis with some Light Arrows and finish him off with the master sword. Link Wins!

It's not a lightsaber it's a katana it doesn't follow light saber rules.

Name an area that Travis is skilled in: Speed? Link beats him with the pegasus boots. Badassery? Sure but this isn't a badass contest. In courage? That's Link to a T. In fighting? Travis is skilled with a sword and wrestling Link is skilled with an array of weapons.

Add onto that the fact that Link is left handed, the right handed Travis is used to fighting rightys, Link is used to fighting rightys. This will throw Travis off a lot.

Travis can mow a lawn to get money? Link can cut the grass and find money.

Link wins.

I have actually played No More Heros, thanks in part to one of my roommates. It's a fun game, slicing up bitches with a lightsaber, and working your way up the hit list. And goodness... that extra fight at the end where you get to fight your brother... that is the most time consuming, rage inducing thing I've done in years.

That aside Travis really isn't much without the saber, however it functions... pretty much like Luke Skywalker's lightsaber... he can use it both offensively and defensively.
But he doesn't have very many long range attacks.

Link can play both the long and close range games very well. And for that I'm leaning with him.

One of the more interesting fights for sure. If this were a straight one on one sword fight then Travis would come out on top. Thing is Links got so much more to his arsenal Hookshot, deku nut, light arrows, and magic really swing it in Links favour. Travis really gets a raw deal here as Link can constantly change tactics if the need arises whereas Travis only tactic is to get close enough to reach with his katana. Therefore Link just has to keep his distance and use his many weapons to pull out the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back