Round 1; Tomb Raider(44) v Everquest (85)

Discussion in 'Video Games Tournament (2009)' started by Lee, Jul 4, 2009.

?

?

1. tomb raider

2. everquest

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

[​IMG]

v

[​IMG]

2. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

I'm gonna have to go with Tomb Raider here. I respect how great of a game Everquest is, but I'm just not into fantasy MMORPG's. I mean, I can enjoy a good fantasy RPG as much as the next guy (I'm backing Zelda & Final Fantasy after all), but Everquest to be just seemed like...like it was just too much. It crosses over into the land of Dungeons and Dragons in which some things are just too nerdy...and that's coming from an avid Star Trek and comic book fan here.

Tomb Raider was great fun though, and spent countless hours on my Playstation. It was everything that us fans had always wanted out of an Indiana Jones game, but with a sexy badass chick instead. It earns my vote here.

3. Spunky

Spunky Lovable degenerate.

Everquest: I'll admit the only thing i knew about this game was that it was a MMO. So after a little research i found this:

This made me go :eek2:, I mean seriously, A GAME was calculated as being the 77th RICHEST country in the world. That is amazing in it's self, And is a testament to it's fanbase.

It's innovative as well, Several features that originated in Everquest, Are now used in World of Warcraft, Which is quite possibly the worlds premier MMO.

Tomb Raider: offered a masterful balance of exploration, adventure and action, all set in an immensely colorful, exotic 3D world. At the time, Lara's 3D mechanics and abilities were stunning, and influential in the realm of 3D adventure games. Tomb Raider launched the successful career of Lara Croft, who became the icon for a generation of gamers, female and male alike.

4. Razor

Razor crafts entire Worlds out of Words

Everquest is the poor man's World of Warcraft. Oh, and people who are WAY too into Fantasy MMORPGs are there. Seriously. Hardcore Everquest raiders scare the shit out of Hardcore World of Warcraft raiders. Gives me chills just thinking about the crazy.

Tomb Raider was a fun game. I'm voting for it simply because the players of Everquest creep the shit out of me.

5. Lee

this is a round where I have not played one of the games (everquest) yet understand the impact both games have had...so guys it's up to you to convince me.

Everquest the 77th richest country in the world

or

Tomb raider which has one of the most famous females in gaming?!

6. Hyorinmaru

Hyorinmaru Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
    E-Fed Mod

Tomb Raider gets my vote. I've never played everquest due to the fact I'm not a big fan of any online gaming and like MMORPGs even less than just you and your friends.

Tomb Raider on the other hand I used to play all the time. The puzzles in this game were challenging (for a kid anyway) and trhe story was pretty good.

Not much else i can say that hasn'r been said so i'm gonna leave it at that.

7. Kashagi

Kashagi The

Everquest came way before World Of Warcraft. In fact, I have heard that World Of Warcraft was partly inspired by Everquest, a few of the people in Blizzard played it and wanted to make a game fixing all the issues Everquest had.

That said, Everquest was much more important, one of the first big 3D MMO's that led to the WoW monster.

And to me, Tomb Raider has always been overrated, I have just never understood why it gets so much praise, other then it has a female lead and is a mildly fun game.

8. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

Begrudgingly I give the vote to tomb Raider, even though I truly despise this game and the fanboys that only care about the size of the pixelation around Lara Crofts breasts. As much as I find Tomb Raider to be long, and boring, and really just not fun, I hate the entire genre of MMORPG's. So unfortuntaley, Tomb Raider moves on, hopefully to get squashed next round.

9. Lee

TOmb raider wins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.