Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
nbNp1.jpg

Round 1 Match: The Sting vs. The Pianist

The polls will close for this match on Friday, October 19 at 12:00am

To give a sample of their greatness, these two films have 10 Academy Award wins between them. Not "nominations", wins. They actually have 17 nominations between them... It's Adrian Brody's masterpiece against the classic American duo of Paul Newman and Robert Redford.

The Sting is one of my all-time favorite movies, so since nobody has talked it up yet, I'll make it my own responsibility. Here are a few of it's phenomenal accolades:

-The Sting won 7 Academy Awards, including awards for best director, best picture, and best original screenplay. It was nominated for 3 more.
-It was directed by George Roy Hill, who also made Slaughterhouse-Five, Butch Cassidy, and Slap Shot, the first real sports drama/comedy.
-It starred the iconic American duo of Paul Newman and Robert Redford. I dare you to find a better combo of actors.

There are so many great elements to this movie. I feel like they really captured the time period, and used it to its full potential. The Sting is without a doubt in my mind, the ultimate con man film. And it really works, because you could believable Newman and Redford, as an inseparable duo, could go around outsmarting everyone and benefiting from their stupidity. It does drama well, it has a great comedic feel to it. The train car con is one of my favorite scenes in all of film, second only to the ultimate con at the end as my favorite part of the movie.

If you haven't watched it, do so, and then come back and make your vote. At the very least, you'll have seen two great films and vote for the other based on preference. I'm ok with that, just make sure you watch the Sting at least once in your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back