Round 1 - "The Million Dollar Team" vs "Team Ramon"

Discussion in 'All-Time Survivor Series Team (2008)' started by IrishCanadian25, Nov 18, 2008.

?

Million Dollar Team vs Team Ramon

1. Million Dollar Team

2. Team Ramon

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

This is a first round match-up in the all time survivor series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

The Million Dollar Team

The Million Dollar Team is from the 1990 Survivor Series, and consisted of Ted DiBiase, The Undertaker, Greg Valentine, and Honky Tonk Man. They defeated "The Dream Team," which consisted of Dusty Rhodes, Koko B Ware, and the Hart Foundation. This match is among the most famous SS matches, because it marked the debut of The Undertaker. DiBiase was the sole survivor, as The Undertaker was counted out while attacking Rhodes. Bret Hart put up a valliant effort, until DiBiase reversed a body press for the win.

Team Ramon

Team Ramon is from the 1993 Survivor Series, and consisted of Razor Ramon, Marty Jannetty, the 1-2-3 Kid, and Randy Savage. They defeated "Team IRS," which consisted of Irwin R. Schyster, Diesel, Rick Martel, and Adam Bomb. Jannetty and 1-2-3 Kid were the sole survivors, and it looked as though they may get pushed as a major tag team.

2. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

I'll take the Ramones. Taker beats 1-2-3 and Marty with absolute ease, as Savage/Ramon take out Honky and Valentine. This leaves Razor and Savage against Ramon and Dibiase. Savage would take out Dibiase who was rapidly passing his prime while Savage was entering his second prime. That leaves Ramon against Taker. It was Taker's debut night, meaning that it wouldn't make sense for him to get pinned or pin a captain, so the Ramones win via countout.

3. Papa Shango

Papa Shango Frontman of the WZ Band!!

I see this one going to the Million Dollar Team. The speed of the the Kid and Jannetty might help neutralize Honky Tonk Man, but it would only take either a guitar shot or a tag to the Taker to end them both. Taker would then probably sacrifice himself and get counted out with Razor in an intense brawl on the outside. So, with Honky Tonk DQ'd (with Dibiase quickly getting the cover on whoever was hit), and Taker having taken out the either of Team Ramon's speedsters, and then himself AND Razor, that leaves Savage vs. Dibiase and Valentine, which is a solid duo. I could see them working Savage over good. Savage of course always gets that second wind, and would be able to fight back long enough to nail Valentine with the elbow drop for the pin. But then the evil genius Dibiase would simply have to slide back in and roll up Savage before he has a chance to regain his bearings.

4. Checkmate

Checkmate .you.lose.

This is a tough one.

Breaking it down, I'd cancel out Undertaker and Ramon on the high end and Honky Tonk and Jannetty on the low end. This leaves the Kid and Savage against Dibiase and Valentine. I'd knock out the kid at this point, and Savage takes out Valentine. So, Dibiase or Savage?

As good as Dibiase was, his main gimmick wasn't even for the ring. He bought his major wins, and Savage earned them. One of Savage's big wins was also against Dibiase, so I'd have to side with him here.

It would be close, and I think a major part of the match is how long Jannetty and the Kid last, but I'm still leaning toward Ramon's team.

5. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

Rythym and blues has no problem taking care of teh terrible 123 kid, and the equally, yet somehow surpassing, far more terrible Marty Jannetty. In fact, Valentine and Honky Tonk take out both of those career jobbers and it's pretty much 4-2. Factor in that the Undertaker essentially dominated from the get go of his career int eh WWF, and the greatness that was DiBiase far and away negate anything that Ramon or Savage could do against the foursome.

6. Monkey_Mania

Monkey_Mania I Am The One Who Knocks

It's pretty simple. You have The Undertaker on Team Dibiase who at the time was nearly unstoppable. Then you have Dibiase who is a master at mind games. Jannetty and 123 Kid are gone in short order. Taker then takes out Ramon and Dibiase would be able to handle Macho Man as well. This match is in reality a tag between Dibiase and The Undertaker against Ramon and Savage. At a time when Taker was unstoppable. Easy choice really.

7. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

Team Ramon, easily. While I've never been a huge Scott Hall fan, I do get his merits. And Savage is probably going to get several teams on his won through this tournament. They're against an ok team. But really there's only Dibiase who can win it for them. Undertaker was proven to be a total dumb shit during that match, so he'd likely prove the same again. If Valentine & Honky can get eliminated by Bret Hart then I'm sure they could by Saavage.

Dibiase's time as a main event heel was over, three years later he was retired. Randy Savage was past his prime to, but he proved in WCW almost 10 years later that he could still go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.