Round 1, Mexico - Kennedy/JTG vs. B.O.D.

Who is victorious?

• Kennedy & JTG

• Kane & 'Taker

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Round 1, Mexico:
Mr. Ken Kennedy & JTG
vs.
Brothers of Destruction - Kane and The Undertaker

No spam and no flaming.​

Mexico rules are identical to WWE rules except:
- Count-outs go up to twenty, not ten
- Piledrivers are illegal (I shit you not)
- Removing your opponent's mask (if he wears one) results in a DQ
- Every match is two out of three falls

[Insert joke about Mr. Kennedy injuring people here]

Now, while the Brothers of Destruction were never considered one of the best teams of all time, they could certainly get the job done and win championships. Perhaps they were never on the same level as Edge and Christian, the Dudleys etc. but that was because they also had their respective singles career which stopped them from ever being a tag team for a long time.

Either way, they destroyed teams when they were together. They destroyed Kennedy and MVP, and that was when they were past their prime. So there's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't beat Kennedy and JTG. Kennedy is not a tag wrestler, and JTG has never accomplished in his tag team.

BOD easily take the win.

The B.O.D have faced and beaten much stronger teams than these two. They're much bigger, stronger and accomplished. JTG isn't a bad tag wrestler with a big guy, but with medium sized Kennedy, these guys are just going to be manhandled. The B.O.D take the win here with ease, there's no way they get put out by 2 average wrestlers, who don't have any advantage over the bigger and better B.O.D.

Ah, but the BOD is getting up there in age, while we have two younguns in Mic Tyme. JTG is an excellent tag team wrestler, and Kennedy holds wins over both Kane AND The Undertaker. I think that in this case, youth trumps experience, especially since the matches are two out of three falls.
Plus, if Kennedy can adapt his game plan to be a tag wrestler, he'll be a formidable force, especially when you have a skilled tag team member by your side. He has wins over several huge names, and JTG has had good showings in matches against former main-eventers Jericho and The Big Show. I think that they could squeak out the win here.

Umm, BOD really has to win here. They have like a 300 lb weight advantage over Mic Tyme and will most likely spend the whole match manhandling them. Even though they weren't ever together for that long, BOD were a dominant tag team while they were. The fact that Taker can't do the tombstone may hurt him, except for the fact that he has like 8 other finishers he can use.

Honestly, I can't think of any reason that Mic Tyme should win this match. JTG is decent and somewhat entertaining, but has never even won anything as a tag team wrestler. Kennedy is pretty much just shit. I know that "he beat 8 world champions", but never while they were champ, and most of the time it was a fluke.

As for BOD getting up in age, I think we are looking at them in their primes anyway. Even so, Taker did win a 30 minute singles match at WM this year, I'm sure he could wrestle a 5 minute tag match.

BTW, Kennedy will probably injure himself, lulz.

BOD will take the win here.

Undertaker and Kane are a dominant tag team, and would have won several tag team titles if they werent both great singles wrestlers. Also, they are facing a team where one member as never been on an actual tag team before and competed in the division on a consistent basis, and a good tag team wrestler yet never has won a tag team title.

Thus BOD gets the easy victory.

Umm, BOD really has to win here. They have like a 300 lb weight advantage over Mic Tyme and will most likely spend the whole match manhandling them.
Weight difference never stopped Rey Mysterio. Your argument is a fail.

Honestly, I can't think of any reason that Mic Tyme should win this match.
Stamina+Skills=Upset?

Kennedy is pretty much just shit.
There are many who would argue that with you.

I know that "he beat 8 world champions", but never while they were champ, and most of the time it was a fluke.
But the fact remains that he beat them. And it could be a fluke this time, too.

Even so, Taker did win a 30 minute singles match at WM this year, I'm sure he could wrestle a 5 minute tag match.
Yeah, but this is two out of three falls. Stamina is on Mic Tyme's side.

BTW, Kennedy will probably injure himself, lulz.

Yeah, if they were facing Blood & Gold.

Reactions: gd
Weight difference never stopped Rey Mysterio. Your argument is a fail.

Rey Mysterio is a much better wreslter than JTG and Kennedy combined.

Stamina+Skills=Upset?

But JTG and Kennedy have less skills than BOD. So...

There are many who would argue that with you.

There are many that would agree.

But the fact remains that he beat them. And it could be a fluke this time, too.

Weren't they mostly countouts or random intereferences? There is a 20 second countout here, I don't think anyone will be interfering, and this is a tag match, so it is completely different.

Yeah, but this is two out of three falls. Stamina is on Mic Tyme's side.

I'm sure BOD could get two falls in 5 minutes, 6 max.

Yeah, if they were facing Blood & Gold.

No, Kennedy wud injurez hisself walkin 2 teh ring, lulz.

I am going to give the nod towards B.O.D. here. On one hand, you have an exceptional tag team wrestler like JTG whom has youth, stamina & skills that can be brought to the ring. He is also able to hold his own in any match & can carry a team on his own. However, Kane is a 10+ tag team champion in his own right & has carried a many teams in the past. He has the experience of the business & knows everything there is to understand about ring psychology.

You also have Kennedy who has charisma, wins over Kane/Taker & can get the job done in the ring. He is considered to be Main Event material because of this & rightfully so. However, Taker is one of the legends of the business whom still has gas left in tha tank & puts on absolute clinics in the ring. For what Undertaker brings, it ranks a whole lot higher than Kennedy. Also, Taker leaves to heal nagging injuries due to his age. Kennedy is injury prone whom doesn't take care of his opponents in the ring.

Cross-analysis is fairly even with Kennedy/Kane not getting that "defining moment" & coming back after something happens as well as JTG/Taker being break out stars of the group. So, B.O.D. will get the win for sure.

Reactions: gd
Brothers of Destruction are going to be disgustingly overrated during this tournament, but they should probably win here. The other team have the guy who is booked the weakest of a team that has never won a title, and a guy who could never get the job done when it really mattered. Neither JTG nor Kennedy really have the strength to be able to overpower the brothers here, resulting in a Taker family win. I'd just like to point out though, as it will ultimately be relelvant, that Taker and Kane once lost to the slap dash team of Test and Booker T.

I despise the Brothers of the Destruction, and I really wish they weren't in this tournament, but even I have to vote for them here.

While Kennedy's feud with 'Taker was one of his very few bright spots during his tenure in WWE, he still can't hang with either of these guys. Though, I must admit, if he had a better partner, then I would consider voting for his team, but since it's none other than JTG, someone who I have nothing against, but still has yet to contribute a damn thing to professional wrestling other than acting like a goofy thug, then as much as I hate to do it, I still have to vote for those two overrated pieces of shit Kane and 'Taker.

Though, I must admit, if he (Kennedy) had a better partner, then I would consider voting for his team

I'm the other way around. JTG has a far greater edge in this match than Kennedy, as his whole career has been based around tag team wrestling. He would still be the smaller guy in this pairing, so he could easily slip Kennedy into Shad's role. It's seems like you are drastically overstating Kennedy's abilities. He simply wasn't that great, and even with an absolute golden partner, the Brothers of Destruction would run this match.

2 out of 3 falls shouldn't matter. If we're going kayfabe, Taker and Kane have a sibling connection that should count for something, as well as knowing each other so well in the ring as to be able to function as a cohesive unit. They've also held tag team gold together, something neither Mr.Kennedy or JT....Kennedy G have done.

Vote BOD as if it weren't obvious enough already.

While I think JTG is the better member of Cryme Tyme and Kennedy has fared well against Taker in the past, I don't think they have enough to beat both Taker and Kane. B.O.D. won't make a lot of mistakes in the ring and I see a double chokeslam on either Kennedy or JTG to pick up the win.

On one hand you have the dominate team of Kane & Undertaker. On the other hand you have the thrown together team of Mr. Kennedy and JTG. at least JTG has experience in a tag team but Kane & Undertaker are just to much for them here and they will pick u p the win.

Kenny and JTG have never been in the same ring together as a tag team while Undertaker and Kane are not only siblings kayfabe they have tagged together several times throughout their career and have the chemistry advantage. This is really no competition in my mind and BOD hits double tombstone for the victory

Kenny and JTG have never been in the same ring together as a tag team while Undertaker and Kane are not only siblings kayfabe they have tagged together several times throughout their career and have the chemistry advantage. This is really no competition in my mind and BOD hits double tombstone for the victory
While i agree BOD will win I would like to point out that the Tombstone (Being a piledriver and all) is Illegal and would get them DQed. That being said they both have other finishers they could hit Kennedy and JTG with giving them the win. I myself am partial to the double chokeslam.

Yeah, but the BOD have been feuding most of their careers. They have really major issues with each other, while Mic Tyme have no heat between each other whatsoever. In the past, Kane and Taker have betrayed each other, and have faced off at two Wrestlemanias. Don't you think this could throw a damper in their ability to work as a team?

Plus, they only team up for a very short time. Possibly because of this. JTG has never been out of his team during his whole career, and Kennedy can quickly adapt.

If JTG and Ken use their quickness to their advantage, with dodging, lots of tagging, and use of the extended ring out time, they could conceivably pull off the win in this two-out-of-three falls match.

This is a job. JTG has never proven himself as a tag team wrestler to a high level, wrestling on a team that despite being together for the longest of any team in the WWE at this point (I believe), they have not won the titles. They are facing two men who have done just that, and did it together. Kennedy's greatest times in the WWE were as an upper midcard wrestler, and with that, he never amounted to anything, against a team with 6 world titles reigns (I believe) to their name.

I dont believe this will be a job as Kennedy and JTG are small, agile wrestlers who can avoid Taker and Kane and can make it a good match, but BOD is a better tag team with more chemistry, and just a better resume as a team giving them the nod.

Why are we actually discussing this? There's absolutely no way that the Brothers could lose here. Ok let's think about this. I don't know who here would argue that Kane is better than Taker, so we'll call him the weak link in the team. He's won all kinds of titles including the world title. His opponents have a combined I think one title between the two of them. Kennedy could do a few things to either guy, but at the end of the day, there's absolutely nothing that either guy could do to stop Taker or Kane. A chokeslam and a last ride ends the two falls with ease.

No piledriver for Undertaker? No problem. He just gets to use the other arsenals in his moveset. We can get a last ride here and a chokeslam there. Sorry Doc, I just can't see Mic Tyme getting out of round one. They got a pretty bad draw. BOD, whilst not the greatest team, they were pretty darn good. They have a big power edge and size advantage. And yea that may be irrelevant, I just think they are too much for Mic Tyme to hold off. BOD FTW!

Another incredibly easy decision here. We have one half of Cryme Tyme and Mr. Overrated (Oops, I mean Kennedy) against the absolutely dominating force that is the Brothers of Destruction. Granted, the B.O.D. aren't exactly in the upper echelons of tag team greatness considering their teaming almost always was used as a device to serve further angles between the two, but they easily could take care of Kennedy and JTG. This shouldn't even be a debate.

This shouldn't even be a debate.

It pretty much isnt except for Doc, who for some reason loves this team.

Xfear got this right on the head, as Kennedy and JTG just dont have the experience as the BOD, and JTG hasnt done anything in his career to really impress me. Yes I know he has been a tag team wrestler all this time and he is the stronger half of his team but you are only as strong as your weakest link and Kennedy is a pretty weak link.

I'm only defending them because I made a cool sig for them, they're the underdogs, and it's really fun.

Let me just leave you with this, for those arguing about JTG and Kennedy having no chemistry as a team:

If Cena and Batista, two wrestlers who are for the most part singles wrestlers, can win the World Tag Team Championships, what is stopping two good young guns, one of whom makes a living out of tag team wrestling, from pulling off the upset, given the reasons I have outlined in my other posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back