• Kirby

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One

kenshiro-vs-kirby.png

One of Japan's most beloved anime characters takes on Japan's most beloved little pink puff ball! In a battle of strength vs. puff, can Kenshiro pound Kirby into the ground, or does Kirby float on to the next round?

FIGHT!

So since nobody's even bothering I'll start.

From Wiki
Kenshiro is the rightful successor of an ancient art of assassination called Hokuto Shinken, which allows Kenshiro to defeat his adversaries through use of hidden meridian points. Through the course of the original manga, Kenshiro fights against various ruffians who threaten the lives of the post-apocalyptic survivors, as well as numerous rival martial artists, including his three honorary brothers trained in the art of Hokuto Shinken.[/quote}

This Martial art is the deadliest and as such only one successor in every thousand years is chosen. He won't be able to avoid Kirby's suck'em power but then it'll be a stalemate anyway. HOWEVER. Once Kenshiro gets sucked up he can hit a pressure point and BOOM. Kirby's already dead.

Winner: Kenshiro.

Ha.

When ever one needs physical contact to do battle with Kirby, it's a lost cause. He has no bones to break. It's not even clear in this case whether he even has a nervous system to disrupt with pressure point attacks. Kenshiro will not know how to fight Kirby, and will end up sucked up and spat out. After that, he will be at the disadvantage; he is susceptible to his own attack style, which Kirby will possess after absorbing him.

Kirby wins.

DirtyJosé;4110001 said:
Ha.

When ever one needs physical contact to do battle with Kirby, it's a lost cause. He has no bones to break. It's not even clear in this case whether he even has a nervous system to disrupt with pressure point attacks. Kenshiro will not know how to fight Kirby, and will end up sucked up and spat out. After that, he will be at the disadvantage; he is susceptible to his own attack style, which Kirby will possess after absorbing him.

Kirby wins.

My friend you forget that all he needs is meridian points. you don't HAVE to have physical contact in order to hit those. All he needs is to be attempted to be sucked and bam. One meridian point later and Kirby is already dead.

My friend you forget that all he needs is meridian points. you don't HAVE to have physical contact in order to hit those. All he needs is to be attempted to be sucked and bam. One meridian point later and Kirby is already dead.

acupuncture-meridian-points-front21.gif

Does that look like Kirby to you? Kenshiro is trained to fight one type of enemy only, and that is other humans/humanoids. His training is almost useless when he does not know the physiology of his opponent.

Since when do creampuffs have meridian points?, Kirby inhales Kenshiro, swallows, absorbs his power & heads onto the next round.

Kenshiro's style of fighting would prevail in almost any situation with a humanoid life form. However, that is not the case with Kirby. Before he could find a weakness, Kirby would have absorbed him and used his own fighting style against him.

My first thought for this battle was the same as Jose's: How is Kenshiro going to beat Kirby when Kirby has no pressure points, bones, or anything that Kenshiro would normally take advantage of?

Kenshiro's only real advantage here is that he can take crazy amounts of damage before even showing signs of injury, but Kirby isn't exactly a stranger to dishing out insane amounts of punishment. The Rainbow Sword is enough to slay even the toughest baddies, and he has swords, fire, ice, electricity, spikes, bombs, and many other types of damage at his disposal.

It would be a long fight, but Kenshiro's offensive strengths are completely negated by Kirby's defensive strengths.

Meteorite Face Breaking Kick A kick technique Kenshiro uses that against the Taishan Temple enforcer Denki Saito, which causes his head to split vertically in half. Appears in the second manga pilot.

North Star Softness Ripping Slash A technique Kenshiro used against Heart that allowed him to penetrate his gummy flesh and strike his vital points.

Kirby is either one giant lung (he has eyes and therefore a brain so that's right out, his body must contain lungs, Kenshiro can either split Kirby in half with the first attack or penetrate his soft squidgy flesh and punch him IN THE LUNG with the second.

I've not decided for this match yet but to say Kenshiro has no chance at all is wrong, he has a chance. Burden of proof falls to Kriby guys to prove Kirby is totally invulnerable to BOTH of those attacks or the little pink guy is in trouble.

Meteorite Face Breaking Kick A kick technique Kenshiro uses that against the Taishan Temple enforcer Denki Saito, which causes his head to split vertically in half. Appears in the second manga pilot.

North Star Softness Ripping Slash A technique Kenshiro used against Heart that allowed him to penetrate his gummy flesh and strike his vital points.

Kirby is either one giant lung (he has eyes and therefore a brain so that's right out, his body must contain lungs, Kenshiro can either split Kirby in half with the first attack or penetrate his soft squidgy flesh and punch him IN THE LUNG with the second.

I've not decided for this match yet but to say Kenshiro has no chance at all is wrong, he has a chance. Burden of proof falls to Kriby guys to prove Kirby is totally invulnerable to BOTH of those attacks or the little pink guy is in trouble.

You really don't know what you are talking about, do you? The burden of proof is on you to back up your claims about lungs and brains; what has been confirmed by the official source is that he lacks a skeletal structure, and is highly elastic (enough to "swallow" objects and beings much much much bigger than he is). If you think you have a point, YOU need to prove Kirby even has vital points to strike. All other evidence (ALL OF IT) points to Kirby being merely pink mass with eyes and a mouth.

DirtyJosé;4110219 said:
You really don't know what you are talking about, do you? The burden of proof is on you to back up your claims about lungs and brains; what has been confirmed by the official source is that he lacks a skeletal structure, and is highly elastic (enough to "swallow" objects and beings much much much bigger than he is). If you think you have a point, YOU need to prove Kirby even has vital points to strike. All other evidence (ALL OF IT) points to Kirby being merely pink mass with eyes and a mouth.

There's a Kirby anime, in one episode it's shown that he has a stomach, if he has a stomach then it stands to reason he has other vital organs, therefore Kirby has an anatomy and therefore vital points to strike.

If Kirby has an anatomy, he's suddenly vulnerable to almost all of Kenshiro's attacks.

Also tell me how he could survive after being split in half (which is trivial to Kenshiro)

There's a Kirby anime, in one episode it's shown that he has a stomach, if he has a stomach then it stands to reason he has other vital organs, therefore Kirby has an anatomy and therefore vital points to strike.

If Kirby has an anatomy, he's suddenly vulnerable to almost all of Kenshiro's attacks.

Also tell me how he could survive after being split in half (which is trivial to Kenshiro)

It's not trivial to Kenshiro: as has been pointed out earlier, all of his training is for humans/humanoids. His knowledge of Meridian Points, the ENTIRE BASIS OF EVERYTHING HE DOES is useless without prior knowledge of Kirby's body. At the same time, Kenshiro IS weak to his own techniques, and Kirby's absorption process will grant him the same knowledge.

Also, if Kirby turns into his unbreakable stone form, what good are Meridian Points? Kenshiro is just outclassed here in almost every possible way.

DirtyJosé;4110281 said:
It's not trivial to Kenshiro: as has been pointed out earlier, all of his training is for humans/humanoids. His knowledge of Meridian Points, the ENTIRE BASIS OF EVERYTHING HE DOES is useless without prior knowledge of Kirby's body. At the same time, Kenshiro IS weak to his own techniques, and Kirby's absorption process will grant him the same knowledge.

Also, if Kirby turns into his unbreakable stone form, what good are Meridian Points? Kenshiro is just outclassed here in almost every possible way.

I see, I'm now sold on Kirby, motherfucker is OP. well played Jose (I will admit my research in Kenshiro was light, at best, but someone had to argue against the little pink guy)

EDIT: Goddammit! Why do both guys names begin with a K?

EDIT THE SECOND : PMed Crock to see if he can fix it.

The thing is, Kirby is NOT completely invulnerable to being flattened or punctured. Even if he inhales Kenshiro, the most he will likely turn into is Fighter Kirby, and Kenshiro has plenty of techniques and skills as well as the raw power needed to flatten the puffball.

That said, JGlass and Jose raised some great points about Kirby's offensive skills vs. Kenshiro's defensive skills. I just don't think the fight is as one-sided or impossible as others do.

The thing is, Kirby is NOT completely invulnerable to being flattened or punctured. Even if he inhales Kenshiro, the most he will likely turn into is Fighter Kirby, and Kenshiro has plenty of techniques and skills as well as raw power needed to flatten the puffball.

That said, JGlass and Jose raised some great points about Kirby's offensive skills vs. Kenshiro's defensive skills. I just don't think the fight is as one-sided or impossible as others do.

Not "Fighter Kirby"...

"Kirby of the North Star".

Those techniques and skills? Kirby gets them too.

Yes, Kirby can be injured by conventional means (details of which I will not share here just yet :p), but the point is that much of Kenshiro's offensive potential is wasted here.

DirtyJosé;4110379 said:
Not "Fighter Kirby"...

Yes, Kirby can be injured by conventional means (details of which I will not share here just yet :p), but the point is that much of Kenshiro's offensive potential is wasted here.

Fair point. However "much" does not equal "all". Kenshiro can dish out and take a ton of damage, so even if Kirby can hit him with a few Final Cutters or the Rainbow Sword, and even if Kenshiro can't do his traditional pressure point attacks, that doesn't stop the fact that he is one strong guy. If he catches Kirby, he could crush or stretch the puffball to his limits, and with a cute jingle, Kirby will dance off the screen.

DirtyJosé;4110001 said:
Ha.

Kirby wins.

Kenshiro's attacks don't target the bones or muscles, they target mystical tsubo points on the body that when hit cause the body to explode. Does Kirby have a body that is set up any differently than a humans? I'd imagine that Kirby has a brain, heart, stomach, and lungs roughly located in the same spot just in a round pink body.

If so, Kenshiro can cause Kirby to explode by touching him faster than Kirby can suck him in. And Kirby isn't Majin Buu... he doesn't regenerate.

BTW where is Kenshiro's bio page? I covered how his powers work in detail.

I posted a picture depicting the Meridian Points his abilities shoot for. Tell me how that applies to Kirby.

DirtyJosé;4110379 said:
Not "Fighter Kirby"...

If Kirby were to gain all of Kenshiro's attacks and powers to the point where they were even, they'd kill each other. This isn't like his fight with Goku were he could spam energy blasts. Kenshiro [or kirby] would have the power to heal himself with the Hokuto Shinken while the other would be trying to use it to destroy. Eventually they'd probably end up killing each other with the same attacks.

But you have no basis to claim that Kirby's body is similar to what Kenshiro has trained for. He has eyes and a stomach and that is all that has been confirmed. Everything else is baseless speculation. Animals in nature have organs in different spots than humans; is stands to reason that Kenshiro just wouldn't know how to approach Kirby at first.

DirtyJosé;4111843 said:
I posted a picture depicting the Meridian Points his abilities shoot for. Tell me how that applies to Kirby.

I'm asking if it doesn't. You're the Kirby expert, find me something that suggests that Kirby's body isn't like a human's, because right now I'm under the assumption that Kirby's body is set up like a human's except it's shaped like a little round pink ball with unlimited stomach capacity.

DirtyJosé;4111849 said:
But you have no basis to claim that Kirby's body is similar to what Kenshiro has trained for. He has eyes and a stomach and that is all that has been confirmed. Everything else is baseless speculation. Animals in nature have organs in different spots than humans; is stands to reason that Kenshiro just wouldn't know how to approach Kirby at first.

So you're saying that Kenshiro is an idiot and wouldn't be able to modify his attacks to work against Kirby's body style. That's completely false. It wouldn't take a genius to realize that Kirby isn't a human, but under the assumption that his tsubo points worked the same way Kenshiro could kill him as easily as touching him.

My question is if Kirby has a stomach and such, wouldn't that make his stomach susceptible to attacks there? If do damage to Kirby's stomach wouldn't Kenshrio defeat him?

Sure, there's a chance. Just remember that Kirby must have one tough stomach for all the stuff he's able to digest. He swallows stars. Fucking stars.

DirtyJosé;4111905 said:
Sure, there's a chance. Just remember that Kirby must have one tough stomach for all the stuff he's able to digest. He swallows stars. Fucking stars.

I'm not concerned about his stomach. What are some of Kirby's physical speed feats? I'm under the impression that he moves as fast as a regular human. My scenario for the fight is that Kirby tries to suck Kenshiro in and swallow him, but at the last second Keshiro reaches out and touches Kirby's tsubo points on his head, making him explode.

Because even as a pink balloon its assumed that Kirby's tsubo points are located in the same places as a humans.

Assumed by who? You? Nah, sorry, you're gonna have to come up with something better than that.

I'll give Kenshiro that the longer the fight goes, the better his chances get. The more he gets to figure out what he's up against, the better the odds of him figuring out how to attack Kirby. However, one wrong move and it's over for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back