Round 1: Flash vs. Spider-Man

Who wins?

• Flash

• Spider-Man

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no secret that, as a general rule, in their respective universes the abilities of DC's characters exceeds that of their Marvel counterparts because the physics in Marvel doesn't allow powers to that extreme. The fact that a leveling Universe is in existence should, therefore be fair territory as it puts both sets of guys on the same playing field and it then becomes a battle of skill on skill.

Then where is the fun in having different guys in from different universes if they were all nerfed and placed on the same respectable power curve? Like I said in the rep, this so far is the only realistic way Flash could lose here. But seeing as stated in his bio he has his super-speed, despite not being in his own universe this is a completely worthless thing to argue about. Flash has his speed, and Spider-Man has all his spidey assets, that is suppose to be what the argument is suppose to be about, the battlefield gives no one an advantage. If Flash loses his super-speed, it gives Spider-Man the advantage. It is clearly written in the rules that neither hero can get an upper-hand on where the fight is happening.

I'm biting at my fingernails here watching Spider-Man's votes climb up.

ATTENTION: Due to the fact that an alt account voted twice, the vote amount is actually FLASH 31 SPIDER-MAN 30.

The only reason I'm not taking away both votes is because it's pretty obvious that this account wasn't made for the specific reason of voting in the tournament. But let this be a warning, any further use of alt accounts for voting will result in both votes being taken away.

This is all just for fun people, so let's play fair so everyone can have a good time!

Don't let Spider-Man win!

This is a last and to be honest, desperate attempt to swing the votes in favor of Flash. I know it is a close game with only one vote to cause a tie-breaker between the two iconic superhero's. But lets be honest here, readout through this thread, and what you will see is truth. This battle was nowhere near as close as it was made out to be by the voting process. Only 3 people stepped up to the plate to defend Spider-Man and only one of them had any reasonable argument to even consider Spider-Man the winner. Flash is untouchable, he is faster, and with speed, comes going really fast and squishing bugs in your wake.

If Spider does however win, know that it is a shallow victory. And largely due in part with people voting based on popularity and not impartially. If you want to prove you are a logical thinking human being? Vote Flash. It is what our ancestors would have wanted.

I want Spider-Man to win, and my reasons are three:

1) Pancake wants Flash to win.
2) Spider-man is one of my all-time favorite heroes.
3) I don't like when "faster than the speed of light" characters are allowed in tournaments.

That being said, NONE of those reasons are legitimate arguments for why Spider-man SHOULD win.

Spider sense. Knowing something is coming doesn't mean his body can react to it at the speed of light. Spidy is quick - more agile than 95% of heroes - but his super-powered body can only move so fast. Not fast enough, as it turns out.

Super strength and endurance. Strength does nothing, he can't hit Flash. There's not a "what if manages to put out his arm and punch him?" bullshit scenario. Flash would dodge it, or better yet, break his arm off. Endurance does nothing, because Flash probably isn't going to use lethal force on Spidey. He's probably just going to tie him up faster than he can see. Or hit him in the head with something quick enough to knock him out.

Super agility. Spidey can parkour up walls faster than you can say...well, nothing really. Because he's not faster than speech, and he's not faster than light.

It is with great regret that I must vote Flash. I don't like Flash. I think he's lame. I think breaking the laws of the universe is a dumb super power. BUT...being lame and having a dumb power doesn't - unfortunately - make you lose.

EDIT: How are the posts so in favor of Flash, and yet the vote is so damn close? Once again, fandom beats out logic and good discussion... I love Spider-Man. I love Cole MacGrath. I tried to debate as much as I could in Cole's favor, but at the end of the day that doesn't mean my favorite guy is going to win.

I want Spider-Man to win, and my reasons are three:

1) Pancake wants Flash to win.
2) Spider-man is one of my all-time favorite heroes.
3) I don't like when "faster than the speed of light" characters are allowed in tournaments.

That being said, NONE of those reasons are legitimate arguments for why Spider-man SHOULD win.

Spider sense. Knowing something is coming doesn't mean his body can react to it at the speed of light. Spidy is quick - more agile than 95% of heroes - but his super-powered body can only move so fast. Not fast enough, as it turns out.

Super strength and endurance. Strength does nothing, he can't hit Flash. There's not a "what if manages to put out his arm and punch him?" bullshit scenario. Flash would dodge it, or better yet, break his arm off. Endurance does nothing, because Flash probably isn't going to use lethal force on Spidey. He's probably just going to tie him up faster than he can see. Or hit him in the head with something quick enough to knock him out.

Super agility. Spidey can parkour up walls faster than you can say...well, nothing really. Because he's not faster than speech, and he's not faster than light.

It is with great regret that I must vote Flash. I don't like Flash. I think he's lame. I think breaking the laws of the universe is a dumb super power. BUT...being lame and having a dumb power doesn't - unfortunately - make you lose.

EDIT: How are the posts so in favor of Flash, and yet the vote is so damn close? Once again, fandom beats out logic and good discussion... I love Spider-Man. I love Cole MacGrath. I tried to debate as much as I could in Cole's favor, but at the end of the day that doesn't mean my favorite guy is going to win.

Well said Killam, I am not a fan of Spidey really, but the reason for the closeness is that people don't often read the discussions, if they did Pancake has done such an admirable job of arguing FOR the flash there would almost certainly be a huge difference in the voting. But Spiderman is more popular and so, Flash is struggling when he needn't

As a side note flash wouldn't need to break the Speed of Light to beat Spidey, even at 90% of it his first punch has more than enough power to decapitate. Look at Flash's rogues gallery, they're all super cheap just to be threatening to him. Mirror Master is the definition of a cheap win being able to teleport to any reflective surface anywhere on earth (possibly in the universe) and Flash still takes him down.

Like Pancake I am looking for people to vote for a reason and to state it. I stand by my reasoning although I cannot fault Pancakes either. If you support my stance that this not being in the unique DC Universe AND believe Spidey would then win OR have an alternative reason why the wall crawler should overcome Flash (after all, Spidey has built his reputation on overcoming odds), please vote for him. I implore you to state a reason though as I'd rather have him go out than garner a cheap fanboy victory (and this is from one of his biggest fanboys).
19155_303139371074_620606_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back