Round 1: Flash vs. Spider-Man

Discussion in 'Supers Section' started by JGlass, Sep 8, 2012.

?

Who wins?

1. Flash

2. Spider-Man

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

Round One

[​IMG]

Two of the most iconic superheroes in the history of comics wrap up the Round 1 matches with a fight to the finish. The web slinging Spider-Man is never an easy opponent, but The Flash is no slouch either. Will the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man swing into round two, or will Flash blaze right past him?

FIGHT!

2. GI Cake

GI Cake Thank God For Sodamy.

[​IMG]

Why the Flash is a 100 times better than Spider-Man and should beat him 8 days a week...

The Flash is faster than the speed of light. He is not only the fastest person in the DCverse, but perhaps the fastest man in this tourney. And hell, while we are it he's the fastest man in comic book history. Hell, at one point in time Flash was the incarnation of speed. And he also out-ran death. Now let me say it again to say it again, Flash is faster than the speed of light. He can run so fast you can't flat out see him. Flash can run so fast, he actually has to jog because in his sprints he is a danger to the environment. Oh remember in the Superman movies how Superman start flying in circles to turn back time? Yeah, Flash can do that, and he can do that much faster than the man of steel.

But Pancake, how does Super-Speed give Flash the edge over Spiderman?

I'm going to ask you this. How good of a shot is Spider-man? Spider-Man has shown he is a crackerjack shot with his webbing but has Spidey been able to hit anything moving faster than the speed of sound? Let alone the speed of light? Yeah, that's what I thought. But hey, lets say Parker uses his smarts and sets up a web trap and waits for Flash to run into it? You think Parker would get the win or at least slow down Mr.Flash? Wrong, has Spider-Man ever been able to stop a car with his webbing? Nope, has Spider-man ever been able to slow down anything moving faster than a car? Nope, and most often times Flash can simply phase through it by vibrating his body through the spider-web. Hell, Spider-Man would be lucky Flash would slow down enough so that Flash can lay down a punch going at 1,000 miles per hour. Wanna see what happens when Flash punches something when he is going really, really, fast?

[​IMG][/center]

Yeah...Not good for Spider-Man.

But Pancake, Spider-Man is super smart and stuff, can't he use his wits against Flash?

Spider-Man is a smart guy, he is a science wiz. But The Flash is pretty quick on his feet when it comes to textbook work. Hell, he is much faster on his feet and can think 100 times faster than the average man. By the time Spider-Man has schemed a plot to foil Flash, Flash has thought of 100 different ways to counter that plot and found 50 different tactics to attack Spider-Man. Spider-Man is good, hell, he is one of my favorite comic book characters, but he is facing a man who is the embodiment of speed. Flash takes this one and then takes a vacation in France while he waits for the rest of the tourney to get to Round 2.

SD619 and TLC like this.
  3. Rainbow Yaz

Rainbow Yaz Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
    E-Fed Mod

Spider-Man can and has stopped cars with his webbing.

Lets put the webbing aside for a moment. Spider-Man was super strength, he can easily lift 10 tons. He is also super agile. Yeah is isn't the fastest man alive but he is 15x more agile than the normal human. There is something else I can't help but think I am forgetting, that thing that alerts Parker to constant danger...oh yeah his fucking Spider Sense. Only Carnage is able to by pass that, so Spider-Man would know when he was coming.

You use the super speed punch as an example but The Flash is a good guy and he wouldn't kill Spider-Man, so he wouldn't even use that punch. What does that leave him with?

There is also this little thing that Spider-Man once had in his possession called The Infinity Gauntlet that can stop time. If he were to use that again that kinda negates everything Flash has going for him.

The only way that The Flash could incapacitate Spider-Man would be to slow down and fight him in hand to hand combat, because The Flash wouldn't kill him, and then Spidey's webbing comes back into play and allows him to take this fight.

4. GI Cake

You know who else is Super-Agile? The Flash. If it came down who can move faster, Flash or Spider-Man I would take Flash.

For his Spider-Sense to come into play, Spidey would have to be able to detect the danger, and then move faster than the speed of light to avoid an attack from the Flash. Once again, if it came down to agility once again, The Flash can out move and out speed Spider-Man. Hell, Spidey would be lucky if his spidey sense had the ability to pick up one of Flash's after images that were also attacking Spider-Man.

So he can just slow himself down a little. God forbid he can't pull his punch back a little not to kill him. Hell, Flash can also trap Spidey in a vortex and suck out all the oxygen until he passed out.

[​IMG]

Oh holy shit you're bringing in mystical weapons from outer-space! Holy shit, what is Flash going to do against the Infinity Gauntlet. Flash has never had a mystical weapon in his arsenal ever.

[​IMG]

OH SNAP I DID NOT JUST GO THERE. FUCKING BLUE POWER RING MOTHERFUCKER.

Do you not know what the Blue Power Ring is capable of doing? Oh it works much like the Green Lantern Ring. But it also enables Flash to access wormholes and navigate black-holes to cut through time. This added with Flash's ability to run through time The Blue Power Ring and the Infinity Gauntlet offset each other.

Flash will slow down. Hell, he might slow himself down enough to wear his punches wouldn't kill Spider-Man but he would still be 100 times faster than Spider-Man can dodge and avoid. Want an example of that?

[​IMG]

That's Quicksilver. This man can barely break the speed of sound. Flash would beat Silver in a footrace any day of the week. But yet he is laying down punches that you believe Spider-Man would dodge.

Oh yeah, Battlefield tonight?

5. Remix

Remix Is a thin rope

Kinetic energy = mass times velocity squared. Flash moves at speeds over 5 orders of magnitude (that's 100,000 times) faster than Quicksilver (limited to 180 mph). Flash is hitting harder than Peter, and if he decides to do something like run into him Spidey's fucked.

Wow, 15 times more agile than an average human. You know who's millions of times faster than Spidey? Flash.

Great, Spidey has a bussing at the back of his skull warning him that he's fucked. Now, what's he going to do against someone who can move a million fucking times faster than he can?

Because there's no way that Flash could ever incapacitate Spiderman, right? He couldn't just knock him out, or tie him up or anything like that. Nope, Flash is a totally ineffective hero who has never ever defeated someone without killing them.

Does he still have it? Is it listed as part of his equipment here? If the answer to either of these questions is no, you're grasping at straws and brinigng up irrelevant information to defend your feeble and incorect position.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Or more likely, Flash dismantles Peter's webslingers and punches him in the face leaving him unconscious. Or he just rotates his arms fast, creating a tornado that blows Spidey into/through a building, to safely KO him. Or he runs off, finds a rope and ties Spiderman up. Flash isn't an incompetent rookie who can't control his own powers. Spiderman isn't in Flash's league.

GI Cake and Rainbow Yaz like this.
  6. justinsayne

justinsayne Cody Rhodes is an excellant

Barry Allen, who happens to be the fastest & most powerful of the Flash's

Pancake has pretty much hit everything I was going to say right on the head. as good as everybody's friendly neighborhood Spider-man is, there is just no way I can think of that he can beat Flash, Flash can do pretty much everything faster than the speed of light & sound. Flash is far more agile, has far better endurance, & heals quicker than Spidey. On neutral ground with no time to prepare Flash wins this fight about 99% of the time.

7. Arashi

Arashi Pre-Show Stalwart

the flash easily

Edit: Okay, this version of the flash doesn't have the weaknesses that a Wally West has, so his superior speed would make it almost impossible for Spiderman to keep up.

Btw Dynamite stop criticizing everything I do, please and ty

8. FlexAmerican Dynamite

FlexAmerican Dynamite RIP Cooper's Title Reign

Just to be sure this is Non-Spam right? Anyway yeah Flash takes this pretty easily, I like Spiderman and it sucks that he's going out Round 1 but there's no way he can take Flash.

Though after reading the Ech and Gelg argument from Ech's Sailor Moon thread I really hate the "running faster than speed of light" argument.

9. Remix

Remix Is a thin rope

You don't hate it half as much as I do. I say that as someone who is perfectly aware of how impossible light speed travel is. However, Flash has an in-universe justification/explanation for running that damn fast.

And as I said before, Flash is too fast and too good to lose to someone the likes of Spiderman. He could easily tie Spidey up in his own webs if he wanted to.

10. HBKistheHOF

HBKistheHOF Guest

Spiderman is a more agile, impressive, intelligent, Sin Cara.

The Flash is like a super-human, more over Tyson Kidd.

Results:
    The Flash seems to take the cake on the surface. He might not have more tools to work with, but he seems to have better tools & know how to use them to their full potential. This is by far the closest call of round 1 for me but while Flash has the powers, I think Spidey would have the heart & the oppritunity. With tons of intelligence & the never-say-die attiude Spidey has to support his wits, I just couldn't see Spidey going out without atleast subduing the Flash first.

11. GI Cake

Very very shitty comparisons. Don't do that again.

So we are going to completely disregard the fact that Flash was at one point in time the embodiment of hope Spider-Man has the never say die attitude to beat Flash? Flash moves faster, thinks faster, hits faster, hits stronger, and by far is far more braver than Spider-Man.

12. Justin Michaels

Justin Michaels Dark Match Jobber

Spider-Man has an impressive set of skills and abillities, but in this case he is simply outgunned. More often than not Spider-Man relies on his speed and agillity to avoid more powerful enemies. In this case, this strategy would not work due to the Flash's near limitless speed. I predict victory by The Flash in a quick and decisive fashion.

13. Shotaro

Shotaro WZCW's James Howard

Flash will flush Spiderman, and he could do it in one punch, a lap around the world with his arm outstretched, he can come for any angle and it would happen a fraction of a second after the start of the fight.

His fist would be moving at the speed of light and would therefore have infinite kinetic energy, even if he held back it's unlikely Superman would be able to survive let alone fight back.

I realize flash is unlikely to do that, he'd likely outrun spiders webbing and then start juggling spiderman like Hworang in Tekken, only at the speed of light.

14. Uncle Phatso

Uncle Phatso Mid-Card Championship Winner

The only thing I could think of is spiderman out thinking Flash. Something like using his SS, and throwing up a web or a like glue trap of web. I'm not really to sure, just trying to give people something to work with.

15. Davi323

Davi323 semi-retired from WZ

Spider-sense is useless against a guy who can move as fast as the Flash can. Spider-Man gets roughed up by guys operating at normal speed, what chance does he have against a guy who can move like the Flash? It's simple physics. At the speeds the Flash can run at, he can deliver a punch that would behead Spidey. Its called inertia. A bullet travelling 5 miles an hour can't kill anything, but the exact same bullet, travelling at normal bullet speeds, is deadly. Flash is like that bullet. Truth be told, unless his opponent has super strong skin or wears adamantium on his bones, the Flash should be able to kill just about anyone with a single punch at a fast enough velocity.

16. nightmare

nightmare ...7, 8, Better stay up late...

Its nice how those pictures of Quicksilver vs Spiderman leave out how he stopped him. Spidey took the punishment and stopped him dead in his tracks.

[​IMG]

Fact is that even if Flash is faster than Quicksilver, Spidey can withstand him long enough to exploit an opening. He has even done this against Speed Demon where he took a flurry and tripped him up. That gives Parker a shot and he is more than capable of knocking him out because Spiderman is way stronger than Flash.

Spidey wouldnt kill him and Flash wouldnt kill Spiderman. 'Vibrating' though him isnt an option given his nature. Plus he has to be prepared to do it and thinking about it, its not automatic. That means while he is running around in circles trying to suck the air out or punch him, Spidey withstands it and stops him long enough to land a knockout blow.

See the above picture for how this type of fight has and will end.

17. Arashi

Arashi Pre-Show Stalwart

To me this comes down to CAN Spider-man slow The Flash down. I just don't think he could. Even with webbing, I think he'd have real problems with slowing the flash down. No matter what the situation.

18. GI Cake

Like you said, Quicksilver is not as fast as Flash. Silver can barely break the speed of sound, and he nearly beat Spider-Man. Flash is smarter, faster, and stronger than Quicksilver. Spider-Man would have to depend on his durability because if he planned on sticking his hand out with Flash spinning circles around him he would damn well lose it.

I hope Spidey would be able to defend himself while in that spin cycle Flash is smacking Spidey silly. It is already been proven Spidey can't defend himself from something moving faster than sound. What makes you believe he would be able to even defend himself from something moving faster than light?

Spidey is awesome, he's popular, I get it. But if you want to support him give him an actual reason why he can beat a man who moves faster than light. Because so far we have learned that.
    • Spider-Man can't defend himself from Quicksilver
    • Spider-Man's webbing is ineffective
    • Spider-Man can't dodge Flash
    • Flash has the ability to throw a punch that could knock out Super-Man and kill most super-villains.
    • Flash thinks faster than Spider-Man
    • Flash is flat out the better choice to win a fight between the two.

Remind me how Spider-Man can come out on top when he has so many odds against him? The battlefield is even ground that doesn't give anyone an advantage. In the comics, T.V shows, movies, Spidey always used his awareness of his area to beat the odds. But there is no advantage in this tourney for either man. It just comes down to Spider-Man vs Flash. And Flash could knock out Spider-Man a half second the words "Fight" are chanted.

19. Davi323

Davi323 semi-retired from WZ

Also, Quicksilver was running in a very predictable pattern...Spider-Man knew where he was, what he was doing. Had Quicksilver run at him from an unpredictable location, Spidey could not have stopped him that way.

20. Silly Willy Nilly Vanilly in the Milly

Flash is way too fast for Spidey to keep up. Even with the Infinity Gauntlet, his strength, or whatever-else-have-you, Flash easily runs into Round 2 without thinking twice.
    Vote: Flash.
    Although I hate the "faster than the speed of light" crap, it's efficient.

21. FitFinlay4Life

FitFinlay4Life What's the craic?

Flash would easily beat Spidey... if this was set in the DC Universe. It's not - it's set in a neutral setting. When Flash was forced to take on Quicksilver outside of DC World he struggled! Why? Because physics were different.

[​IMG]

Given this, talk of beating the speed of light doesn't have to worry those who hate the argument. If the speed difference between these two becomes negligible then it comes down to skill and intellect to defeat the Webhead and, in this environment, I believe that Spidey does have the edge.

Spider-Man for me!

GI Cake likes this.
  22. GI Cake

This is a solid argument. But however this is neutral setting, in this setting you are weakening Flash in order to support Spider-Man. Hell, this would be the same argument I said that Spider-Man would be unable to swing around on his web because the neutral battlefield doesn't have any supports or buildings for him to connect to. You either get Flash as he is written in the bio (Which is him possessing the Speedforce, regardless of physics.

Hell, lets say that Flash does only run at the speed of sound (which isn't fair, or actually a viable option) but let's say his speed is gimped. He is still much faster than Spider-Man, and Spider-Man would have to contend with his accelerated healing, enhanced durability, and can construct vortex's to smash Spider-Man from a distance.

But good thing Flash is still able to run at the Speed of light in this tournament. Otherwise Spider-Man would have actually had a chance in this tournament.

FitFinlay4Life and Kermit like this.
  23. FitFinlay4Life

Firstly, thank you. These tourneys do have a habit of degrading to personal insult fests (sometimes rightly for the 'arguments' provided) so I really respect your rebuttal.

Strangely, I've always pictured these battles being very anti-Spider-Man in somewhere like a hardpan desert, which would give Flash a locational advantage.

However, I don't think it is an unfair argument to state that this would not be like the DC Universe. The DC Universe is very extreme (to the extent that the inertia of a 200-220 lb man can cause the Earth to stop and reverse in direction). Therefore, shy of being the actual DC Universe, it is more likely that a neutral battlefield would be more likely to closely resemble the Marvel Universe who generally go the extra mile to logically explain heroes abilities and put added emphasis on their scientific characters - like Mr Fantastic, Iron Man and even Spidey.

Like I've said I believe a neutral venue would have a detrimental effect on both characters but I do believe that reducing Flash's ability down to a feasible level would give Spidey enough leverage to overcome him.

Notorious718 likes this.
  24. GI Cake

Anytime my friend. :)

I always like to think of them in the Danger room, but I digress.

It is unfair in the fact, no matter how correct you are that Flash is not in his universe, still contains the Speedforce and can move at the speed of light. To take that away from him would be against the rules of the tournament. How would you feel if someone were to make the argument that Spider-Man loses his Spider-Sense, or his super-strength? Or even if Flash were to be fighting Parker from another universe where he never got his powers? It wouldn't be fair to Spider-Man or anyone supporting him. It is the same case here with negating his super-speed.

Except Flash is losing his most vital power, that is not fair at all. You might as well be arguing it should be Barry Allen vs Spider-Man. Now obviously Spider-Man would win in this instance because he is facing an average Joe, but this Flash we are talking about. His bio states he can move at the speed of light, therefor he has it. I hate Deadpool's magic satchel but it is a viable argument because he has access to it from his bio.

25. FitFinlay4Life

Neil Gaiman "Always give the devil his due"

Would be cool but too much chance of it favoring the XMen :suspic:

The thing is, how would this be any different from picking the best version of a hero - like Spidey having the Infinity Gauntlet or when he possessed the Uni-Power? Likewise, Spidey doesn't currently have Spider-sense in the British arc, so it would be a case that people could pick that version presently.

It is a fact that the Marvel Universe is closer to our own than that of DC's, so a fair assumption that given the Marvel vs DC crossover a precedent has been set for Flash (slightly better than Quicksilver level speed).

The thing is, there is no evidence of DP's satchel not working in another Universe. There is for Flash.

It's no secret that, as a general rule, in their respective universes the abilities of DC's characters exceeds that of their Marvel counterparts because the physics in Marvel doesn't allow powers to that extreme. The fact that a leveling Universe is in existence should, therefore be fair territory as it puts both sets of guys on the same playing field and it then becomes a battle of skill on skill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.