Round 1, Day 6, Los Angeles, CA

Discussion in 'The 2nd Annual WrestleZone Tournament (2008)' started by Shocky, Jan 30, 2008.

?

Sting vs. Buff

1. #3 Sting

2. #62 Buff Bagwell

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

#3 Sting vs. #62 Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell

The following match takes place in Los Angeles, CA under normal WWE Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
    2. Will rules of a region come into play
    3. Will crowd be a factor.

2. Shocky

#30 Jamie Noble vs. #35 Marty Jannetty

The following match takes place in Los Angeles, CA under normal WWE Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

3. Shocky

#14 John Cena vs. #51 Kenny Dykstra

4. Shocky

#19 Fit Finlay vs. #46 Jimmy Rave

5. Shocky

#6 The Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe vs. #59 Davari

6. Shocky

#27 Greg "The Hammer" Valentine vs. #38 Lou Thesz

7. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

Say what you will about Joe, Davari doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell. Sure, the crowd and the arena may be on the latter's side, but since when does that change the laws of physics. Joe'd beat the crap out of him with kicks before hitting him with the Muscle Buster and finishing him with a Coquina Clutch. If that guy turns up to sabotage this again, I swear I'm going to scream.

8. Shocky

#11 Jake the Snake Roberts vs. #54 Cody Rhodes?

9. Shocky

#22 Nigel McGuinness vs. Al Snow

10. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

Cody is too green to be in this tournament, let alone against one of the most sadistic heels in the history of the business. Cody is quick and will get in a touch of offense, but it won't take long for Jake to pull off the DDT and end it.

Roberts in 6 minutes.

11. Shadowmancer

Shadowmancer I am The Last Baron

Resukts are Here

Ok this is an Old School match. But in One Corner we Have Lou Fuckin' Thesz. He helped Bring Pro Wrestling to the world. He helped bring it to Japan. He innovated the Original Powerbomb. He invented the Lou Thesz press obviously and that was a key part of Stone Colds arsenal towards the end of his career. Lou Thesz should win on a Landslide due to his Importance to Pro Wrestling as a whole.

12. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

Awesome, awesome pure wrestling match. This is so tantalizingly old school.

Thesz and Verne Gagne invented professional wrestling. They were the greatest of their era until the torch was passed to Sammartino and Bockwinckel. But Valentine was never the greatest of his era. He was scarcely a top 5.

While I think Valentine would have the athleticism and skill to win, I gave the nod to Gagne, maybe as a sign of respect to one of the people who made this all possible. But you cannot dispute that Gagne was better in his time than Valentine was in his time.

13. Shadowmancer

Shadowmancer I am The Last Baron

Results are here

can the one person who voted for Cody please step forward. Same to you Luther and Colamania. Both of whom had Cody in their lists. Cody is greener than Damien. Jake gives the most Devastating DDT in Wrestling to Cody. Jake has the personal demon but they took nothing away from his Ring skills and the ring Psychology that he is quite possibly the best at ever.

14. Ptd

Ptd HxC

I am the one who voted for Cody, I actually did not intend on doing it i meant to click on Roberts. Sorry about that guys, looks like Jake will win a landslide anyway. Sorry.

15. Tomko

Tomko Guest

Samoa Joe could easily be TNA Heavyweight Champion right now, while Davari is not a talented wrestler whatsoever. Samoa Joe wins in >3 minutes. Also, who in the hell voted for Davari

16. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

What the fuck? Whats up with all of these votes for Marty Jannetty?

Jannetty sucked. Big time. His best match was versus HBK, in which he was carried the entire way through. No charisma, decent in the ring, ugly as hell, and just a straight up garbage wrestler.

People are just voting for Marty because of the fact that he tagged with HBK, plain and simple. These people are evil. Very evil.

Jamie Noble is one of the best CWs ever IMO. If all you've seen is his WWE redneck bullshit, then don't vote, simple as that.

17. X

Oh how I'd love to vote for Kenny Dykstra. But alas, I cannot.

John Cena is simply a better wrestler.

And Dykstra is garbage anyways.

For now, Cena shall advance.

18. X

Al Snow is so underrated. So very underrated. He's so god damn underrated it's ridiculious. Even as a guy who carried a mannequin head in the WWE he was awesome, cut some great promos, and showed some flashes of brilliance.

Watch some of his ECW stuff, or his SMW stuff. Fuckin' brilliant.

Nigel is talented as well. But also extremely overrated and very stiff.

Smarks will come out in numbers for Nigel though I bet.

19. Nin

Nin Occasional Pre-Show

I dont get this problem people have with Dykstra (Beyond the stupid name). He's looked fairly good in the few matches i've seen him in. He had 2 good matches with Punk (The best i've seen Punk in so far) and 1 very short partnership with John Morrison in which they looked very smooth.

20. strafro

strafro Shaman of Sexy

Even if you have only seen Jamie Noble's WWE stuff it is still way better than Marty Jannetty, he was only ever considered good because Shawn Michaels was with him. Jamie Noble should be dominating this match and it's a shame if he doesn't win.

21. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

Noble is the best wrestler around today. People aren't voting for him because he's a WWE comedy character. Bullshit. When I see Noble it makes me wonder why they push Rey Mysterio. Rey was NEVER the worker Noble is, nor does he have the charisma. Noble could be the greatest underdog champ of allt ime given the chance.

22. Y 2 Jake

Tough choice. Problem being that Snow only got over because of Head. And he's still doing it to this day. He's not evolved. Unlike McGuinness who's got over on wrestling talent.

23. Y 2 Jake

Finlay over some generic indy guy anyday. Rave is cool. But I'd much prefer the 50 year old wrestler who goes out every night and doesn't embarress himself. It's a shame that Finlay is more popular at this stage in his career than he was a few years ago. It's also a shame Hornswoggle is the reson he gets a reaction.

24. Y 2 Jake

I'm not a fan of Stings but I can't vote for Bagwell. I actually really used to enjoy Bagwell. Until he got in the ring. then it was all over for me. don't rate Sting at all. He's getting through on his Vader & Flair matches alone.

25. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

Sting, for what he lacked in overall preformance, made up for it with GREAT charisma and star quality, and I think even in ring wise, was pretty underrated. Great, great feuds with Flair, and Vader, and one of the all time most memorable angles, with "crow" sting stalking Hulk Hogan for a year. Awesome stuff. On the other hand Bagwell was absolute garbage, and was (at least in character) an utter douchebag, guiylt of numerous nightly acts of douchebaggery. Sting FTW for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.