Round 1, Day 2, Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'The 2nd Annual WrestleZone Tournament (2008)' started by Shocky, Jan 26, 2008.

?

Flair vs. JYD

1. #3 Ric Flair

2. #62 Junk Yard Dog

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

#3 The Nature Boy Ric Flair vs. #62 Junk Yard Dog

1. Not a popularity contest.
    2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is a TNA match, all matches are in a six sided ring)
    3. Will crowd be a factor.

2. Shocky

#30 Marc Briscoe vs. #35 Bill Goldberg

2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is a TNA match, all matches are in a six sided ring)

3. Shocky

#14 Sabu vs. #51 Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake

4. Shocky

#19 Homicide vs. #46 Takeshi Morishima

5. Shocky

#6 Lance Storm vs. #59 Jun Akiyama

6. Shocky

#27 Sensaki/Hakushi vs. #38 Perry Aguayo Jr.

7. Shocky

#11 Big Van Vader vs. #54 Barry Windham

8. Shocky

#22 Tennesee Cowboy James Storm vs. #43 Kevin Thorne

9. tarp

tarp Pre-Show Stalwart

I voted for Windham. I think both deserve to advance further but if I had to pick one it is Windham. Windham showed himself against Flair on several occassions. He knows how to wear someone down and I think it would go 20 to 25 minutes and he would catch Vader. I have no problem though if Vader wins. I can see it that way also.

10. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

PLEASE tell me you are joking. I like Barry Windham as much as the next guy, but Vader is the greatest Super Heavyweight in pro wrestling history in terms of having so many tool to use, and dominated professional wrestling for much of the 1990's. Windham was good, but lacked identity as was so busy being a taller, less intense version of Ric Flair that he never materialized. Anything Windham can do, Vader can do btter, faster, stronger, etc.

Vader should have a strong shot to WIN THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT!

11. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

Hakushi was among the most under rated superstars for a short time in the WWE. He is an excellent marriage between Luchador style high flying and Japanese style martial arts and submission. Despite his tendency to use the top rope as a major peice of his offense, he was never someone I would have labeled a "spot monkey" because he could also unleash kicks and punches at anybody.

Bret Hart had a fantastic match with The White Angel in 1996, where Hakushi showed everybody just how much skill he had. Sadly, the WWE used Hakushi in the "Barry Horowitz gets his first win" angle and TOTALLY KILLED all of the momentun they'd worked so hard to build up.

Hakushi should go over Aguayo.

12. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

In what would probably be a pretty game, hard hitting effort from Barry Windham, I cant see him lasting long against the mastodon, Vader. Too big, too fast, too strong. As is said, and will probably be repeated a good 8475847585 times, the greatest super heavyweight, and maybe the scariest most dominant heel ever. Vader, in less than 10 probably.

13. Mighty NorCal

I think Sabu would be extremely successfull, and entertaining in a 6 sided ring, even more sides of a ring for him to jump off of. And as we all know, Brutus Beefcake is absolute shit, maybe the worst of all time lol. Sabu on the other hand, is another one of the few ECW guys whose in ring work I respect, and who couldve had a fine career without ever picking up a weapon. Sabu, probably in short order.

14. Mighty NorCal

Ric Flair for sure. While JYD is memorable for sentimental reasons, he was actually pretty terrible in ring wise. Flair on the other hand, is, well, flair lol. JYD wouldnt be without any offense, but I think Flair would go over in pretty quick fashion, using some good heel tactics. Probably doesnt last 10 minutes.

15. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

Man the JYD sucked. Just terrible. I actually don't want to vote for Flair. It's getting to the stage now that for almost half his career he's been an embarrassment. Lucky for him his matches from the first half of his career will save him.

16. Y 2 Jake

Really tough choice. Neither can wrestle. But who knows, Beefcake could have had a career as a suicidal maniac. If only he'd overcome his fear of barbed wire. Beefcake was always entertaining imo. But Sabu takes it. I enjoy Sabu's one trick match.

17. Y 2 Jake

Talented fat ass, over talented tall guy anyday. Like IC I'd love Vader to win the whole thing. I doubt it'll happen. But he deserves it. There aren't many wrestlers who as successful as he is in American & Japan. Well not ones that can work anyway.

18. Y 2 Jake

I'm voting for Aguayo because other people again are voting because they've heard the name Hakushi. Both are extremley talented. Both brilliant even. But it's a crime if Hakushi wins purley because he was part of WWE & ECW for a couple of months.

19. Y 2 Jake

Thorn really. Colamania is a bastard. The lad said he could hardly think of 100 wrestlers and it shows. Thorn sucks. James Storm on the other hand has pretty much everything. Why TNA insist on having him in comedy matches confuses me. They should have pushed him to the moon as soon as AMW split.

20. Y 2 Jake

I have actually got to go with Storm on this one. Storm is like Dean Malenko. He'll never have his own best of DVD, but he'll be on everyone elses. Despite what WWE & Austin said he wasn't boring. Akiyama was great. 5 years ago. Now he's like Misawa & Flair. Fighting WAY pst his prime.

21. Y 2 Jake

To compare them would be wrong. They are both completeley different types of wrestlers. Both excellent. But Homicide will achieve far more tham Morishima will. Homicide has a decent gimmick, his mic skills aren't terrible. The only real problem is hs height. Morishima on the other hand despite being an excellent worker has nothing to make him stand out. In Ameica or Japan.

22. Y 2 Jake

The Briscos are entertaining. But they give me a headache. Goldberg on the other hand did what he was supposed to do. Squashed undercard wrestlers and had decent matches with the main stars.Also Goldbergs match with Scott Steiner is better than anything the Briscoes have ever done.

23. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

I'm going to go with Homicide. Despite having the size disadvantage, he has a great agility advantage, as well as being in a six-sided ring - current TNA fans would very much not enjoy having some fat Japanese guy slapping around one of their tag team division's best wrestlers. If McGuinness can topple him, so can Homicide.

24. Uncle Sam

I would complain about Marc (wait, isn't that spelled with a "k" - I'll check the back of my DVDs later) losing due to lack of exposure, which I think is a part of it. However, I also don't think that he's in the same league as Goldberg and, in a singles match, would be the guy who's next. To be squashed, that is. The ring would maybe just give Briscoe a bit of an advantage but the crowd would be on ol' Bill's side. No amount of tight ring ropes are going to save you from a spear, either.

25. Uncle Sam

I agree, Storm is the better half of America's Most Wanted - both in the ring and out of it, in my opinion. Harris I couldn't give a crap about, but I hope to hell Storm stays in TNA; as long as they have the decency to give him a rule feud, drop Jackie and, I don't know, give him a midcard title or some shit.

This is pretty one-sided for me. Thorn'd be hit by the Eye of the Storm within seconds. It's just a fact. The only people that'll vote for Thorn are TNAphobes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.