• Blade

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One

alucardbladesample.png

The war hungry Alucard goes to head to head with Blade, a man who has devoted his life to killing vampires. These two seemed destined for a battle to the death, but which one walks away?

FIGHT!

This is probably the one match I was hoping most to see in this tourney, and it's just my luck we got it first round. It's the kind of match I want some comic company to turn into a reality, because the fight would be just that awesome to witness.

Alucard isn't just a vampire. He's THE vampire. Count Dracula, changed through the years to become the secret weapon of the Hellsing Organization. Alucard has all the usual vampiric powers, with superhuman aiming abilities, the ability to regenerate after massive hits, and can shapeshift into a variety of demonic creatures. He's a skilled fighter with superhuman strength and and speed to match.

However, this isn't even his true power. If he breaks the seals binding his true power, Alucard can release the strength of all the souls he's devoured in his past to rip apart an opponent, tearing them to shreds. He can summon spikes from the ground and summon hellhounds to feast. The seals, though, take a long time to break, leaving him fairly vulnerable.

Blade has most of Alucard's powers, with I believe the exception of the release of the devoured souls. Blade could absolutely take Alucard to the limit, and maybe even defeat him. Alucard's regeneration takes time, so if Blade were to maim and slice up Alucard into fine pieces, that would be enough to rule him the victor. Neither man is affected by sunlight, so that wouldn't be an issue. This would just be an absolute, all-out war.

In JR's words, this would be a slobberknocker.

Really, though, I have to vote for the man in my avatar, Alucard. I think being the original vampire of lore and having the powers of the devoured souls would be enough to put him over the edge. Really, though, this could go either way.

I don't know... Blade's overcame the perfect vampire in Frost, the evolution of the vampire in Nomak and the daddy of them all (literally) in Dracula (and Alucard is just a different universe's version of Bram Stoker's most famous creation) and that's just in the movies. I'll give my support to the day walker.

OK, folks, time to break out the big guns. I want to show you Alucard's power firsthand. This clip is the clip that got me to check out the series when Mantaur Rodeo Clown posted it in last year's tournament and it's the clip that has me backing Alucard all the way.

Watch this. Now remember that this isn't even the full extent of Alucard's powers. If this is the length Alucard would go to for someone he's just testing, imagine what he would do if facing someone who really is a worthy opponent in Blade! I have no doubt that Blade would at first find a way to dodge, attack, and go toe-to-toe with the hounds of hell, but with the fight going longer and longer and Alucard releasing more and more of his devoured souls, Blade would eventually be engulfed in a fever of darkness. He may have defeated Dracula before, but can he defeat a Dracula quite like this?

Alucard is the perfect opponent for Blade, a vampire for the vampire killer to take on. I think this makes for an amazing fight, and although Alucard is Blade's toughest test to date I say he pulls it off in the end. Blade Wins! :samurai:

OK, folks, time to break out the big guns. I want to show you Alucard's power firsthand. This clip is the clip that got me to check out the series when Mantaur Rodeo Clown posted it in last year's tournament and it's the clip that has me backing Alucard all the way.

Watch this. Now remember that this isn't even the full extent of Alucard's powers. If this is the length Alucard would go to for someone he's just testing, imagine what he would do if facing someone who really is a worthy opponent in Blade! I have no doubt that Blade would at first find a way to dodge, attack, and go toe-to-toe with the hounds of hell, but with the fight going longer and longer and Alucard releasing more and more of his devoured souls, Blade would eventually be engulfed in a fever of darkness. He may have defeated Dracula before, but can he defeat a Dracula quite like this?

Great scene, but that guy is a complete pussy when compared to Blade. Blade is the vampire hunter and is always prepared for his prey. He is to vampires what Batman is to the super villains of Gotham, you may have superior super powers but he'll always get your weakness, the first moment Alucard shows a moment of complacency... well I'll let Mr Frost illustrate.

[YOUTUBE]xvpYEfLsgWY&feature=grec_index[/YOUTUBE]​

Besides, we alresdy know that Alucard has been defeated by a vampire hunter before;).

I don't see anything in that clip that could stand up to the full force of Alucard's powers. Alucard isn't an augmented human. He's a true vampire, a creature of darkness that assumes a humanoid form, but his true form is nothing even close to humanoid. It's a cosmic entity of darkness and death. And I don't know what clip you're watching but Alucard was the one that won that fight. He was just getting warmed up when he tore Luke Valentine to shreds, thinking that he had finally found his equal, someone who could regenerate just like him.

Again, Blade could definitely go toe to toe with Alucard's humanoid form and holy bullets. Blade could most likely stand the hounds of hell. But after that? With Alucard summoning all of his true power? Blade's dead. It would be one hell of a fight, one that would go one for ages. It'd be brutal, bloody, and vicious. But at the end of the day unless Blade can shred Alucard before he has a chance to unleash his true power, he's toast.

I just want to post another fight, because it shows more of Alucard's powers, a little more than during his fight with Luke Valentine:

Clones, mind games, the ability to reverse momentum the way he does...Alucard would be Blade's biggest test. And it would be one he would fail.

I don't see anything in that clip that could stand up to the full force of Alucard's powers. Alucard isn't an augmented human. He's a true vampire, a creature of darkness that assumes a humanoid form, but his true form is nothing even close to humanoid. It's a cosmic entity of darkness and death. And I don't know what clip you're watching but Alucard was the one that won that fight. He was just getting warmed up when he tore Luke Valentine to shreds, thinking that he had finally found his equal, someone who could regenerate just like him.

Again, Blade could definitely go toe to toe with Alucard's humanoid form and holy bullets. Blade could most likely stand the hounds of hell. But after that? With Alucard summoning all of his true power? Blade's dead. It would be one hell of a fight, one that would go one for ages. It'd be brutal, bloody, and vicious. But at the end of the day unless Blade can shred Alucard before he has a chance to unleash his true power, he's toast.

I just want to post another fight, because it shows more of Alucard's powers, a little more than during his fight with Luke Valentine:

Clones, mind games, the ability to reverse momentum the way he does...Alucard would be Blade's biggest test. And it would be one he would fail.

Another fantastic clip (who's the sniper? an ally or a manifestation?)... but, again, Alucard has been defeated by a mere mortal in Van Hellsing who may have devoted a good part of his life to defeating him but the whole purpose of Blade's life is to vanquish him.

Just to clarify, Frost was an augmented human but used the La Magra (Blood God) process to claim the souls of twelve purebloods along with the blood of the day walker to become the supreme vampire.

And if the defeat of a god isn't qualification enough, how about defeating the evolution of Dracula - a vampire who feeds on vampires? Given a new problem, he finds a new solution.

[YOUTUBE]vFPdU2nvb5c&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

Hmm. All right, you've convinced me. While I still don't think Blade could truly kill Alucard (He is immortal after all), Blade could definitely test his limits, even at full power. Both men are so evenly matched, and this really seems like a fight that absolutely needs to happen. While I'm still supporting Alucard out of personal preference this fight could go either way. Blade could definitely slice up Alucard's true form, causing him to be so maimed that regeneration would take too long, and Blade could definitely fall prey to Alucard's powers.

Hell of a fight with no clear winner. Just as it should be.

Hmm. All right, you've convinced me. While I still don't think Blade could truly kill Alucard (He is immortal after all), Blade could definitely test his limits, even at full power. Both men are so evenly matched, and this really seems like a fight that absolutely needs to happen. While I'm still supporting Alucard out of personal preference this fight could go either way. Blade could definitely slice up Alucard's true form, causing him to be so maimed that regeneration would take too long, and Blade could definitely fall prey to Alucard's powers.

Hell of a fight with no clear winner. Just as it should be.

Agreed, particularly when you throw together two anti heroes. I'm just glad that Blade has had a good variety of opponents to show he has a fighting chance... well, that and he is the Terminator of hunters "Listen, and understand. Blade is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

On one hand you have one epic badass in Alucard. And DDP those video clips are actually sweet. On the other hand you have one powerful swordsman. Damn this one is close, but I have a winner that I am comfortable voting for. And the person is Blade. Blade's primary objective is killing vampires which Alucard is. And although Alucard is stronger than most vampires I think Blade would find a way. It would be one hell of a fight, and I think it could go either way but for my personal taste I would go with Blade.

Besides being immortal, from what I've gathered Alucard has millions of souls trapped in his body. And if he released all of those souls at once against Blade, the day walker could potentially be facing down an army of millions of people.

There would be no hope for Blade is that happened.

Not only that, but Alucard's original soul does not exist in the body he presents. Really Alucard is nigh omnipotent because he has the power to exist practically everywhere and no where at once.

Even locking him in an alternate space probably would not defeat him permanetely.

I think Blade [especially movie Blade] is horribly outmatched here.

Besides being immortal, from what I've gathered Alucard has millions of souls trapped in his body. And if he released all of those souls at once against Blade, the day walker could potentially be facing down an army of millions of people.

There would be no hope for Blade is that happened.

Not only that, but Alucard's original soul does not exist in the body he presents. Really Alucard is nigh omnipotent because he has the power to exist practically everywhere and no where at once.

Even locking him in an alternate space probably would not defeat him permanetely.

I think Blade [especially movie Blade] is horribly outmatched here.

All very well, but (yet again) can I point out that Alucard has been defeated by an ordinary human. Both DDP's clips have shown how sick he is but they have also illustrated his biggest weakness, he is one cocksure SOB and against a guy who's only function in life (ever) is too kill or permanently incapacitate you, that's curtains. From what I've seen, Alucard won't have any idea who Blade is (much less his abilities) but you can guarantee that a life student like Blade will know EVERYTHING about him, he may have awesome powers but he will not catch Blade by surprise with them. This isn't a 'random' tournament match for the Day Walker, it is his destiny.

All very well, but (yet again) can I point out that Alucard has been defeated by an ordinary human. Both DDP's clips have shown how sick he is but they have also illustrated his biggest weakness, he is one cocksure SOB and against a guy who's only function in life (ever) is too kill or permanently incapacitate you, that's curtains. From what I've seen, Alucard won't have any idea who Blade is (much less his abilities) but you can guarantee that a life student like Blade will know EVERYTHING about him, he may have awesome powers but he will not catch Blade by surprise with them. This isn't a 'random' tournament match for the Day Walker, it is his destiny.

So you believe that Blade can defeat an army of millions of souls by himself? And because it's his supposed 'destiny' I'm supposed to say that Alucard doesn't have a chance?

:lmao:

If this was Switchblade from the comics, then yeah, maybe I'd concede. But this is just regular Blade, who from what I've seen really isn't that much different from Angel or Spike from the Buffy series.

First, show me some evidence of a clear healing factor in Blade, then we'll go from there. If he doesn't have one, he won't be beating Alucard.

So you believe that Blade can defeat an army of millions of souls by himself? And because it's his supposed 'destiny' I'm supposed to say that Alucard doesn't have a chance?

:lmao:

If this was Switchblade from the comics, then yeah, maybe I'd concede. But this is just regular Blade, who from what I've seen really isn't that much different from Angel or Spike from the Buffy series.

First, show me some evidence of a clear healing factor in Blade, then we'll go from there. If he doesn't have one, he won't be beating Alucard.

The enzymes in Blade's blood made him immune to normal vampire bites, uniquely attuned to sensing the supernatural and resistant to aging. Since being bitten by Morbius, Blade has gained many of the traditional powers of the vampire without developing their weaknesses. He has superhuman strength, senses and stamina, plus an accelerated healing factor.

Blade is a master martial artist proficient in practically every form of weaponry known to man. His particular specialty is the use of edged weapons, be they teakwood daggers or swords.

Blade uses a small arsenal of weapons: teakwood daggers; titanium, acid-etched swords; Kevlar body armor; automatic and semi-automatic firearms converted for use with hollow-point, garlic-filled silver bullets; and a variety of portable, custom-designed weapons that employ silver, garlic, sunlight, ultraviolet rays and anti-coagulants.

And yet Alucard has still been defeated by a MAN; not a God, not a super - a MAN!

Will Blade have a solution to millions of souls :shrug:. Will he know they're a potential risk? You bet your ass. Plus you still miss the point, Alucard only pulls these toys out of his Pandora's box when he can't handle his opposition naturally. Plus, he has a VERY bad habit of letting his opponent hit him with their best shots. How will he react if hit with an anti-coagulant? Even La Magra (the Blood God) couldn't recover from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back