Round 1; 31 The Sims v 98 TMNT2

?

• The Sims

• TMNT2

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

TMNT2-3.png

Gotta be The Sims here. As much as I love the Ninja Turtles and obsessed over them as a child, The Sims was one of the first games that ever really turned me into a hardcore nerd. I fucking LOVED the Sims, and couldn't wait for every single expansion pack to come out. I know it may sound nerdy as hell, but it was almost like you didn't even need real friends or people anymore. Why should I go play a game of football up the street at the park when I could have a house party in Sims?!

Can't rave enough about the greatness that is the Sims. Easily gets my vote here, and it damn well should from the rest of you.

ZOMG. I have to vote against Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I wished this day would never come.

TMNT was a grand series. Not what it has become today, but back, 10 years ago. In the day of the hardcore Batman: The Animated Series and cartoons that made some damn sense. The games? Spectacular for what they were. Side-scrolling fighters. It was an arcade game you could play at home.

The Sims though...it spawned a whole new genre of nerd. The Sims has the umph to charge 50+ dollars for the first, most basic game. Then 20-30 dollars, (maybe more), for multiple content packs after that. If you bought The Sims, and you got hooked, expect to spend 200 dollars on content packs and expansions. And the content packs only really had what, 20 items in them? 20 items that really didn't make it any easier for your Sim to live, either. Just more stuff to waste HOURS playing. and people gladly paid it.

We get a sick sense of joy in being a serial cheater, watching our Sims get lucky for the first time, get married, and get that top promotion. We feel sad when our Sim pisses himself because we weren't paying attention, when he dies because we forgot to put a ladder (or "accidentally" deleted it. MWAHAHAHA) in the pool, when the oven catches fire. We get pissed off when the burglar comes in and steals his TV, when the dish washing machine breaks, when the Repo man comes to take his oven because you didn't pay your bills.

And any game that can make us care like that for a fake person we put through the loops for hours upon hours a day should get your vote.

The Sims

Reactions: gd
The screenshot is from Sims 2 I think :S The Sims (1) is boring as shit though - wish I had played TMNT so i could vote for it. Sims 1 has nothing on Sims 2, which i actually like.

Yeah, there's no comparison here.

I'm not even sure, precisely, which TMNT game is being referenced here, but it doesn't even matter.

The Sims is one of the most addicting, most playable, outright fun games ever created. It is one of a select class of games where you could sit down at night, start playing, and suddenly question where that pesky light is coming from and discover it's the sunrise. It's seriously addictive fun. There's an inexplicable amount of entertainment to be had from creating a little family and just running them through everyday life - and a few nonsensical distractions, of course. It's an amazing game and in my opinion even its own sequels haven't improved upon it.

The Sims was fucking awesome. There was so much stuff to do and it appealed to everyone. Whether you were a teenage kid or a middle aged woman you could have fun playing the Sims. In my opinion, it should be a favorite to win the tournament.

TMNT was pretty fun, I'm not sure which one I've actually played, but it's just outmatched here. Too bad, I wanted to vote for it.

I dunno, I feel The Sims isn't really that fun because it doesn't have a point. At least in Sims 2 you had aspirations, achievements etc. i.e. stuff you could do to get points, knowing what will make your Sim happy or ruin their life etc.. The Sims laid down the foundation but, unlike what someone else said,I feel The Sims 2 improved on it in every single aspect possible and made it far better - and actually gave it a point.

Going with The Sims here. When the game first debuted I was a little hesitant of playing it. My neighbors and my little sister were hit by the craze and I soon joined them. Soon afterwords I was hooked. At one point in time, The Sims had to be my most played game, even more than Starcraft, Need for Speed 3, Rallysport Challenge or Train Simulator. If I hadn't lost the disk, I'd probably still be playing it.

I loved to build more realistic looking homes, I felt it more of a challenge to use the money I earned rather than pulling from a fixed pool. When I did pull from a fixed pool, my houses were large, but not so unrealistic that they look up the entire plot of land.

Its The Sims here. Maxis really came out with a fresh concept, that had been thought of before, but never actualised so well. Basically it was a second life and an escape.

I dunno, I feel The Sims isn't really that fun because it doesn't have a point. At least in Sims 2 you had aspirations, achievements etc. i.e. stuff you could do to get points, knowing what will make your Sim happy or ruin their life etc.. The Sims laid down the foundation but, unlike what someone else said,I feel The Sims 2 improved on it in every single aspect possible and made it far better - and actually gave it a point.

Raw Power, I respect the hell out of you because of Pokemon going to win this thing. And while I do agree that The Sims 2 really improved all the basic things that were there, I want to discuss your point of "no objectives". I think quite often you'll find Maxis games dont have objectives. Whether its The Sims or SimCity 2000. There may be finishes (like the bonus arcology space launch of SimCity 2000), but generally they dont have purposes or objectives, besides just enjoying the game.

This was the beauty of the game, because you could keep on playing as much as you wanted. You could take as much time as you needed. And if you ever got bored, just wipe the slate clean and start again. Even The Sims 2, with its storylines and life goals, didn't REALLY have an end. This is what made it such a great and unique game.

What in the hell is all of this Sims bullshit going on in here. Holy Hell Batman, perhaps THE most over rated gaming franchise in the history of video gaming, and it's beating an Arcade Classic in TMNT. I absolutely refuse to have my childhood anally raped by these forums and these young kids on here that think pokemon and the sims were awesome.

TMNT was the game to have growing up. It was a classic arcade button smasher that you fed quarters into deliriously. The Sims, what the hell, really, a fucking simulator?

For Christ's sake Lee, you didn't even have the right picture for the game. Disgraceful.

Anyways, what the hell is with all the Sims voting? Fuck, it was a game where you got people naked and had them have sex. Aside from that, no self-respecting male would play that stupid shit. It's like playing Barbie Dollhouse on the computer. No thanks.

On the other hand, The Ninja Turtles were a cultural icon to children all across the States. They brought catchphrases to children's vernacular. And the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, the Arcade game, is in my opinion the very best game of the franchise. Like Shocky said, this game was EPIC as an arcade game. I remember going to Chuck E. Cheese, and there being a line to play this game, even after the X-Men arcade game came out. You literally had to wait in line to play, and there were four people who could play at a time. And it was great fun, and everyone had a good time. They also released it on the NES, and I spent hours upon hours with friends beating the game on there.

The Sims is a game where people play Barbie Dollhouse. TMNT The Arcade Game is where you kick ass.

I kick ass. Vote TMNT The Arcade Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back