Round 1; 14 Super Mario Bros v 115 Shadow of the Collosus

?

• Super Mario Bros

• Shadow of the Collosus

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Due to net issues, pics will be uploaded tomorrow....this round is only a 48 hour vote!

Shadow of the Collosus is a great game. It'll be remembered as a classic.

But Super Mario Bros made the games industry into what it is today. Without this Mario game (and the original Donkey Kong!) the games industry might not be alive. It is quite possibly the single most influential game ever made.
And also, it's fucking fun to play. It's the ultimate basis for a fun game. I love depth in games, I love charaters and emotional involvement and such. But in terms of sheer gameplay, it's hard to top Mario Bros.
Hit the block, get the mushroom. Jump on the Koopa, kick the shell. These are things that practically every gamer has done and has loved doing.

Shadow of the Colossus for me, and it's not even remotely close.

Super Mario Brothers is obviously one of the greatest franchises in gaming history. But the original just doesn't stack up to some of the sequels, and is rather weak all these years later if I may say so myself. There are already plenty of Mario games advancing in this tournament, we don't need yet another one.

Colossus is another one of those games like Ico that transcends video gaming and turns itself into a work of art. Sure there's not really much of a story to be found, but it's not needed. Absolutely beautiful game in every way, some of the absolute greatest and most massive bosses in the history of gaming, and completely unique in every way. Stunning is the only word one can use to describe this game.

Don't be a tool, vote for the superior piece of ART here, and that is Shadow of the Colossus in every way.

Tough call, I enjoyed Collosus when I played it and while it was a great game with fantastic graphics, I think nostalgia won out for me here. The main thing that kills Collosus is the weak storyline. When it comes to adventure games, its the storyline that keeps me interested and entertained. I am not one of those people who just skips over a majority of cutscenes just to fight a boss or explore a new level. I get emotionally involved in these types of games, and for me personally, Collosus just falls short of some of the others.

SMB gets my vote

I loved Shadow of the Colossus it was challenging, fun, and had a good storyline, but it's going against Super Mario Bro's which, like Blade said, made the industry into what it is today. I will always like Shadow of the Colossus, but I can't vote against Super Mario Bro's so my vote is for Super Mario Bro's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back