Roman Reigns: You cant have it both ways

The fans have the right to decided who they like and who they don't like.

I like Daniel Bryan because I CHOOSE to. I like Dean Ambrose because I CHOOSE to. I can like and dislike who I CHOOSE.

Regardless of what you think the fans have a right to CHOOSE who they like and don't.

WWE has the right to book who they want on top, you have the right to whine and grizzle about it, and to switch off or not buy tickets, instead of coming on here, complaining and then following it with action of actually walking away, instead of just talking about it.

I have the right to come on here and talk to fans of wrestling about our love for wrestling, without trolls trying to criticize the product at every turn.

The fans have the right to decided who they like and who they don't like.

I like Daniel Bryan because I CHOOSE to. I like Dean Ambrose because I CHOOSE to. I can like and dislike who I CHOOSE.

Regardless of what you think the fans have a right to CHOOSE who they like and don't.

So then, Roman will never get over, because the fans will always to hate him regardless of what he does, since the fans will never admit that they got it wrong.

I bet you wouldn't even feel sorry for him if he got buried and only wrestled on "Main Event", since you'll never change your mind.

If Reigns had remained a midcard guy for another several years, won the 2018 Royal Rumble, and headlined WrestleMania 34, it would have gone down fine. Skyrocketing guys to the top NEVER works in the long run. Reigns is the latest and biggest example, but there have been many others.

First of all, 2018 isn't "several" years is not several, it's two.

Secondly, if he headlined WM34, it would be too soon, because nothing will ever change your hating heart.

Also, are you going to be consistent with that? Okay then, then someone like Kevin Owens shouldn't get a WWE Title shot until 2020. How would you like that? I bet you don't, but that would make you a hypocrite, who doesn't mind someone being fast-tracked, if you like them.

Reigns' problem is charisma. Whether he has it or not, the current incarnation of his character (who hasn't changed much from his original persona) is not winning the audience over. And in this case in the worst way.

Measuring how long it will take for him to be ready for the main event against other people is rather unfair to him as everyone gets there at their own pace, and many had experience outside the WWE to draw upon. Roman is not getting a chance to win over the audience on his own, to sink or swim by his words and ability to control the audience that every main eventer needs. Much of the feud he's currently in has been carried by everyone else. HHH and the authority try to put him over, Dean tries to put him over, the commentators try to put him over because Roman hasn't been able to do it himself.

Name one other star that has had this much poured into him with this much malevolence thrown back at him from the audience after saying next to nothing and is still being pushed this hard as the face. Just one. I don't honestly blame Roman for being in this position, Vince clearly wants him here. But he's not giving you any reason as to why as a character, there has been no "moment" similar to an Austin 3:16 where something Roman said or did suddenly turned everyone on to Reigns himself so there's nothing to build on.

This isn't happening in a vacuum, and it isn't because smarks won't give him a chance. It's because Roman isn't being given a chance to try winning over the audience himself as everyone is either speaking for him or when he does speak it sounds terribly staged. And no one is responding to that terribly well. If anyone can cite a promo that Roman did equivalent to a CM Punk pipebomb, a Rock People's Champion face turn or a Austin 3:16 I'm all ears. In order to stay in the main event, regardless of how you get there you have to be able to carry your own weight.

Seth Rollins got to the main event as a weaselly heel, got the title at Wrestlemania and carried the company on his back as champion, all through his work ethic and ability to connect with the audience.

Roman's strongest connection with the audience is through the Shield and he's the only one still in his duds from the time. He isn't evolving as a character, he's stagnating. And WWE is largely responsible for that. Not the smarks and not the arena audiences. Something the man says has to feel real and connect. He has to be able to make you believe something about him, and that certainly hasn't happened consistently enough to justify his spot on the card. It's an experiment that is failing in its current form.

Reigns' problem is charisma. Whether he has it or not, the current incarnation of his character (who hasn't changed much from his original persona) is not winning the audience over. And in this case in the worst way.

Measuring how long it will take for him to be ready for the main event against other people is rather unfair to him as everyone gets there at their own pace, and many had experience outside the WWE to draw upon. Roman is not getting a chance to win over the audience on his own, to sink or swim by his words and ability to control the audience that every main eventer needs. Much of the feud he's currently in has been carried by everyone else. HHH and the authority try to put him over, Dean tries to put him over, the commentators try to put him over because Roman hasn't been able to do it himself.

This isn't happening in a vacuum, and it isn't because smarks won't give him a chance. It's because Roman isn't being given a chance to try winning over the audience himself as everyone is either speaking for him or when he does speak it sounds terribly staged. And no one is responding to that terribly well. If anyone can cite a promo that Roman did equivalent to a CM Punk pipebomb, a Rock People's Champion face turn or a Austin 3:16 I'm all ears. In order to stay in the main event, regardless of how you get there you have to be able to carry your own weight.

I agree and he can't carry his own weight. There is a problem with your top babyface when everyone and his brother has tried to get the crowd behind him and it fails.

Last night HHH cut a promo which basically said, hate me, boo me, love Roman, I'm the heel you should be cheering for him. The crowd responded by booing Reigns when he made his surprise appearance. Unfortunately Reigns is incapable of getting over by himself, and it's too the point where people just don't care anymore. They are approaching him with indifference now and that's the worst reaction a wrestler can get.

I've read reports that say the WWE is looking at Reigns to be their top babyface for the next few years, the reaction to him last night beating up the best heel in the WWE, shows that isn't going to work. Vince was there, he must have heard the crowd reaction, but he has blinders on. He will push Roman right into the ground. HHH is walking into Wrestlemania the face and Roman the heel. It will be ugly.

Everyone compares him to John Cena, and they couldn't be more wrong. Cena has the talent and charisma to take a hostile audience and turn it in his favour, Reigns just stands there like a deer caught in headlights. He really needs to grown a thicker skin and realize not everyone will love him. Cena was also incredibly over before certain factions of the audience turned. Even now how many can say they can't wait for him to come back? I would say a good percentage of the Cena haters would have rather had him return last night instead of Reigns.

The Reigns experiment is over, and as much as I like the guy, it's just not working. The more they push him the worse it gets. Young girls and the ladies love him, everyone else, well not so much.

Roran reigns's booking reminds me of another guy that the company shove down the fans throat way back in 2002 and that man was brock lesnar. Lesnar back then wasn't ready for the main event push but withing 5 months of making is debut, he already had beaten, the rock, hulk hogan& rvd. Became the king of the ring and won the wwe champion and fans didnt take to him, then they turrn him babyface 3 months later and it was a complete flop.

now in 2016, their trying the same thing and again it doesn't work because while reigns got all the tools the be a main evnt star, just like lesnar back then, the fans won't get behind the guy that vince wants to make a main eventer and it's sad because for once I actually get why vince wants to put reigns in this position because reigns is one of the rare one that is able to have a great match and has the charisma to get people to react.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back