ROH sends cease and desist to Jeff Jarrett/GFW

Discussion in 'Wrestling Spam Zone Archives' started by The Dragon Saga, Jul 21, 2015.

1. The Dragon Saga

The Dragon Saga Whale in a Teardrop

From PWInsider Elite:

Dave Meltzer's comments on it on the F4WOnline Board.

It's funny how the promotion, ROH, who are so bitter to this day over how TNA made wrestlers stop working for ROH to work for TNA instead, is now slowly becoming more-and-more exclusive with its wrestlers. Guess they are the only touring wrestling promotion that's not WWE though.

2. MrHashasheen

MrHashasheen Enjoying Wrestling

I'd call it hypocritical, if it wasn't just plain good business.

3. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

My favorite part is where he said "not fully certain what's going on".

4. FlexAmerican Dynamite

FlexAmerican Dynamite RIP Cooper's Title Reign

Since when is Sabin exclusive to ROH? He's had like two matches and then vanishes until they need him to save Kaz and Daniel's ass.

GFW put out a video of him saying he's injured and won't make the tapings, obviously it's unknown if that's legit or not but I guess this may have something to do with it. Not much of a loss, they should have gotten Shelly instead.

5. The Dragon Saga

He's not, but neither was Matt Hardy and when Matt worked out a way for him to work for both ROH and TNA, ROH weren't interested and got rid of him despite his work being highly praised. If ROH view GFW and TNA to be one in the same, they won't want to work with GFW as they don't like working with TNA, so Sabin will be in Hardy's situation where he has to decide, does he take a booking from GFW and lose out on future bookings with ROH, or does he stop taking GFW bookings to work for ROH.

6. It's Damn Real!

It's Damn Real! The undisputed, undefeated TNA &

Doesn't this undercut the entire concept of GFW serving as a promotion that is designed to promote other companies' stars?

7. The Dragon Saga

Yes, it does, but with all the rumors and speculation going around about GFW/TNA, ROH obviously want zero to do with GFW, and truthfully they've been doing the same since GFW's launch despite Jarrett and GFW promoting ROH on their Twitter. They even had Ross and Striker hype the shit out of reDRagon at Wrestle Kingdom and how prestigious the ROH tag titles are. However, not once has ROH promoted anything for GFW. Jarrett had a meeting at ROH's offices with Joe Koff and Delirious and nothing came from it.

8. It's Damn Real!

It's Damn Real! The undisputed, undefeated TNA &

Makes sense.

9. One Punch Doug Crashin

One Punch Doug Crashin I AM INVINSIBLE!

I'd call this hypocritical but after reading into it a bit more I understand Ring of Honor's point of view. Still think it's childish though.