Rock Region, New York Subregion, First Round: (16) Rikidozan vs. (17) Owen Hart

Who Wins This Match?

• Rikidozan

• Owen Hart

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Rock Region, New York Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York.

knickstax30s-ubi-web.jpg

latest

#16. Rikidozan

Vs.

owen-hart.jpg

#17. Owen Hart

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Let me get this straight: The Father of Japanese Puroresu vs the weakest link of the Hart Foundation. Give me a break! Rikidozan wins this with ease.

Here we have the Hogan of Japan versus the Blue Blazer. Dozan was not only a hero to the Japanese people and a major crossover icon, despite being Korean, but he was an international sensation. He defeated WWE HOFamer Freddie Blassie, who was a better performer than Owen in every conceivable way imaginable, for the WWA world title, which was a major US title spun from Edouard Carpentier's NWA world title claim, on American soil.

This is an absolute no brainer. Vote Dozan.

Owen Hart is beloved. He died tragically young having never really gotten the recognition he deserved while he was alive. Subsequently people ponder and think what if? What could have been. His in-ring work is peerless for sure and he certainly didn't lack personality. However, his contributions to the realm of professional wrestling are minimal in comparison to Rikidozan.

It's not just the fact that he kicked off puro, its the fact that he ensured its future, training Antonio Inoki and Giant Baba - the future founders, top draws, leaders and bookers of NJPW and AJPW respectively. He created an industry in and of itself and remains a pioneer and groundbreaking figure. His life is much celebrated and lauded, feature films have been made. His shadow is long going to be cast over the wrestling industry in Japan.

I love Owen with all my heart, and anyone who mocks his passing is dead to rights as far as I'm concerned.

Rikidozan was an absolute monster in his day, and he wouldn't be about to let himself get humbled by Owen Hart. I might occasionally rip on how old school wrestlers fought, but I could watch Rikidozan vs Lou Thesz a thousand times and never get bored.

Knowing Owen, he would put on a great match. Rikidozan would probably reward him by not mercilessly stomping him into the turnbuckle.

Rikidozan wins here.

I just think Owen Hart's lack of success at the highest level is going to count against him here. Rikidozan's whole schtick wasn't a million miles off that of the Hart Foundation, but unlike Owen, he was much more successful at sticking it to the Americans. Rikidozan to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back