Rock Region, Fourth Round, Hell in a Cell: (1) The Rock vs. (4) Kurt Angle

Who Wins This Match?

• The Rock

• Kurt Angle

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a fourth round match in the Rock Region. It is a Hell in a Cell match. It will be held at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida.

300px-American_Airlines_Arena%2C_Miami%2C_FL%2C_jjron_29.03.2012.jpg

Rules: The match takes place inside Hell in a Cell and anything goes. Falls must take place inside the ring.

Assume one week has passed since the previous round so there may be some lingering damage.

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_theRock.png

#1. The Rock

Vs.

Kurt_23_532x532_1489399a.jpg

#4. Kurt Angle

Polls will be open for five days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I saw this movie before. There were more people in it than Cannonball Run, but the ending was great! It ended with Kurt's dead body laying on Rock's dead body and winning! Way to go Kurt!

I vote Kurt for two reasons. 1, he beat Rock in Hell in a Cell. 2, Rocky sucks, and Kurt is the man.

I honestly can't explain my sentiment here, but Angle seems to me to come out on top. Technical acumen combined with an encouragement of brutality. It just feels like an Angle win... that sounds weak... Still I am voting Angle.

Machines. Both of these guys were a force to contend with. Solid 30 min match here. I see Kurt making Rock tap, but the ref being down. Back up, Rock takes some punches to Kurt. Hits a spinebuster, then he makes the mistake of going for a second before the elbow. Rock tries the irish into the ropes, Kurt reverses with a belly to belly. Rock drunk stumbles up into an Olympic Slam, then the straps go down.

Tap, tap, tap.

Usually I hate to be that guy, but I don't mind it so much this time.

Do you all remember that Hell in a Cell where Rikishi fell off the top of the cage? Rock was there, and Taker, and Austin, and Triple H, and Kurt Angle.

Kurt went in as the WWE Champion, and he left as the WWE Champion. To my knowledge, it was The Rock and Kurt Angle's only Hell in a Cell.

There's a lot of other considerations, but I'm voting based on who proved to be more capable in this type of match.

Vote Angle.

Both have been in one hell in a cell match...and it was the same one...and Kurt came out on top with 5 competitors including the Rock.....

Don't get me wrong,it's different one on one inside it,but the rock can take a beating bad and still come out looking like a million bucks,and I see it happening here a bloody Kirt snapping after doing all he can to put the rock away,chair shots beaten down but can't stop him....the straps come down,ankle lock in,and rock eventually taps....

My vote goes to Angle....

Let's disregard their lone HIAC appearance for a bit. I imagine that given the atmosphere this would be a general cage match X two. This wouldn't be a super-violent encounter, and each of these guys have one on one victories over the other. But there's just something about Kurt; the guy really is a wrestling machine. He might not tap out the Rock, but he could definitely put him down.

To my knowledge, both these guys have only been in one HIAC match and it turns out they were opponents. The match also included the Undertaker, Stone Cold Steve Austin & Rikishi and Angle wound up retaining the WWE Championship by pinning the Rock. He may have picked the bones of a prone Rock, but he's the one who still got the pinfall.

In a one on one bout, I'm going with Angle. Angle's a machine, always has been. I've no doubt he has the greater physical stamina and he definitely has the greater level of physical toughness. It'd be a violent bloodbath and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Angle tried a moonsault from the top of the Cell. If he hit it, both guys would be out for a good 5 minutes selling it but if he missed it, they'd both still be out a good 5 minutes selling the effects of the match.

Fun fact, in regards to Pay Per Views, The Rock has never lost a match in Florida. Even in his Rocky Maivia days. It should be his match.

But 1. He's only wrestled in Florida a handful of times and 2. Kurt Angle had his number in the Cell even when there were 4 other guys he could have pinned or make tap out. The Rock is also coming into this match barely defeating AJ Styles by 54% of the votes. To put that in perspective, Kurt Angle beat Kane with 89% of the votes in that match.

This is Kurt's to win. It's true. It's damn true.

Yeah those people saying that Kurt has his number in the Cell.. it wasn't one-on-one and Kurt was damn lucky to have won that match after Austin handed him the victory!

Kurt Angle is not that OP as people make him to be. However here's the problem. The Rock sucks when it comes down to stipulations. He just can't win. He always had his ass handed to him by Foley, Austin, Undertaker and Triple H every time a stipulation appeared and only won out of shenangians.

Angle is also one of the very few men that have beaten Brock Lesnar clean, one year after he defeated The Rock clean.

Angle also has made Austin tap and has beaten Cena in a first blood match. He's made Undertaker and Hogan tap. He has actually beaten every single wrestler he ever stepped foot in the ring with.

Sorry Rock, had this been a normal match, I'd be with you, but in a savage match like that, where Angle can and will break your ankle, Kurt wins.

Plus Rock had a pretty close match with the Phenomenal One, AJ Styles.

Kurt Angle.

The gimmick favors him and we have seen Kurt Angle defeat Rock even if it was a multi-man match. He did pin him.

Plus, I would've voted Kurt Angle even if it was a regular match. I would rather watch a Kurt Angle match instead of The Rock's match. Rock was talented for sure and I respect him for it but Kurt Angle was just more greater.

Vote Kurt Angle as he's a better professional wrestler.

Look, both of these guys had a pretty meteoric rise, and both were main venters quickly and both established themselves. However, Kurt Angle was never the main man in a successful promotion, and his only real opportunity to do so was in 2004 when he was injured. I don't think the stipulation matters here much really, no particular type of wrestler has excelled in them over the years. Rock was a bigger draw, that much is certain and he was a bigger deal. I get why you would go with Angle, but for me it has to be Rock.

The Rock did lose a lot hes but he got the win over Angle when it mattered. Angle may have beat him at No Mercy 2000 but The Rock got the win at No Way Out 2001 to main even 'Mania. This late into the tournament you should bare that in mind. When it matters, The Rock wins.

Also he beat Austin, Hogan and Cena at 'Mania. Angle beat Shawn Michaels at 'Mania which isn't saying much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back