Return Of The King

I would love to have Kofi take the king of the ring tournament and be like "King Kingston" him or The Miz could very well use this accolade. "King Miz"/ "King Kingston"
Both of them should fight in the finals, and set up a feud against the two. which could be an amazing feud which gains them credibility and put them in the main events.

well last king of the ring sucked. william regal is good and all but they should ahve hade more big people in it (cena, taker,hhh,orton,hbk) i mean regal beat hornswoggle, and injured finlay and cm punk back when punk sucked. hopefully this year its alot of big people in it. mayb not like cena and them but like barrett, kofi, rey, miz, big show, and so forth it will be good. i have a feeling it will be santino winning it

I've got a huge feeling Wade Barrett will win this. Really really strong feeling that he will win it. An already established superstar like John Cena or Undertaker needs to be in the tournament but they do not need to win it. A younger guy needs to win. Not just any younger, but one that the WWE can put a lot of faith into like Miz or Barrett. I'll be pretty pissed if they tarnish the king of the ring's reputation by just throwing a bunch of match together. Gabriel/ Morrison, Cena/Taker, matches we all want to see. I'm calling it now, here is your winner and your 2010 King of the Ring: Wade Barrett.

Earlier to day I saw this on another site.

I for one am glad to see the King of the Ring return, it has helped many superstars make the leap into the main event.
Who do you guys think will become the next king of the WWE?

William Regal ~ I thought Regal was on to something great when he was king last time. I would like to see Regal get a push and think this could be the best way.

The Miz ~ I could see Miz walking around with the M.I.T.B. case and a crown, maybe he could win a Slammy as well. He would be like a modern day Owen Hart, lugging around all his accomplishments.

Jack Swagger ~ A few weeks back Swagger had a crown and a cape on, and looked damn good in it. I think they killed his push to quick after he lost the title. Becoming King of the Ring could do great things for Swagger.

Kofi Kingston ~ This might be the thing Kofi needs to finally get over. I have never really got Kofi, However I liked the King Booker character. I know they wont be the same, but I want to like Kofi.

Who do you think should become the next King of the Ring? Why?

King of the Ring is huge, you'd think the WWE would be making a bigger deal out of this. I mean its quite soon and no build or hype yet. No preliminary matches or qualifying matches yet.
The last King of the Ring truly sucked. A really great idea and they blew it. I would personally love to see a proper King of the Ring like old. I would pay to see that over some of their other crappy PPV themes.
I think William Regal had his chance, he got his one shot and blew it. I dont want to see King Regal again. I think Swagger could do a good job of it or I'd back a King Kingston or even a king jomo.
I just hope they do this properly, no swerves, no run ins, no illegal wins, just some proper straight up wrestling with the best wrestler being crowned the King.

well last king of the ring sucked. william regal is good and all but they should ahve hade more big people in it (cena, taker,hhh,orton,hbk) i mean regal beat hornswoggle, and injured finlay and cm punk back when punk sucked. hopefully this year its alot of big people in it. mayb not like cena and them but like barrett, kofi, rey, miz, big show, and so forth it will be good. i have a feeling it will be santino winning it

If they're not going to do it properly and crown the actual best wrestler and this will be illegal wins and run ins etc. then yeah I'd back Santino, I'd love to see a King Santino.
I hope they make King of the Ring an annual event again at the level of the Royal Rumble.

OK this has been posted before but no bother. I personally agree that kofi would be a good pick to win this, but I also believe that it could perhaps be dolph ziggler, he reeally seems to be going somewhere at the moment and this could cap it off. Other people I would pencil in for tournament winner would maybe be Miz so he can use it as a gloating devise just like his Mr. MITB thing or like jericho's I beat rock and austin in one night thing. But I certainly think it has to be a younger guy, someone who is trying to muscle themselves higher up the card. Maybe alberto del rio is a nice option, his rey feud is on/off right now. Tyler reks also, mostly smackdown guys can benefit from this. Erm........ ... .. . . . . . . . . . . . . ..... ... ... ... .... .. ..... . .. .. .. ... ... . .. .. . .. .. . .. .. . . .. . .. .. . .. .. .. . . .. . .. .. . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .. . .. .. . .. .. . . . . . .

Yep so kofi, miz, reks, del rio, ziggler erm, ........ . . .. .. .. ted dibiase? maybe?, cody rhodes or drew mcintyre?, kaval! YEAH kaval would be a really interesting pick, any one of these guys and I'll be happy if they do it right.

Idealy, the King of the Ring should be used to jump-start someone into the main-event scene. Or if anything, it should be used to boost an already rising star to even higher lengths. I am very opposed to having an already established main-eventer become King of the Ring for the very reasons that these people don't really gain much from becoming King. I mean, they are already established stars, so King of the Ring doesn't do much for them other than just give them a crown and [possibly] a "King" gimmick (which I am completely against).

With that said, I think that the winner of King of the Ring should be one of the following:

Wade Barret: The most logical choice [in my opinion]. Wade Barret has already proven that he is able to hang with the big guys when it comes to feuding/wrestling against them. Making Wade king could really add to the whole "NEXUS is dominating WWE" scenario that is going on. Not to mention, it will bring him one step closing to being an established star---if he isn't already one. Lastly, it would add to the overall achievements that Wade has been accomplishing in his short time with the E; which we can all agree, being "king of the ring" is truly something magnificent---especially if you're not already an established main-eventer...

Alberto Del-Rio: Smackdown's quickest rising star. Alberto Del-Rio is another guy that should be around the top of everyone's list. Alberto Del-Rio, since beginning his career, has generated so much attention from people (including myself) and has proven that he is worthy of belonging to the WWE. Del-Rio is on fire at the momment; him becoming King of the ring would do a great benefit to his career.

Overall, as I stated above, the winner of King of the Ring should be either a rising star or a star that is on the verge of becoming the next top star (i.e. mid carder/upper-mid carder). I didn't mention the Miz because I feel as if though he doesn't need it because he already has the Money in The Bank, so he already has his own personal passage to the top. In the end, I forsee either Wade or Del-Rio winning King of the Ring. Though, out of the two, I would most likely pick Wade.

Great idea and a wonderful opportunity and could some how tie in with the old school raw, before everyone harps on about no build up.

People saying Cena, Undertaker, HHH etc etc etc should be in KOTR GROW THE F... UP!!!!
If they were in the tournament one of them would HAVE to win the tournament, if say Miz or someone else won it, fans would call BS and lets be honest Cena loosing CLEAN wouldn't happen so a cheap win for the King would look awful.

Now with the current crop of guys in the tournament it could be one of the best in WWE history.

As for won wins, I'd say Miz would be a good choice but he's in a good place now where he doesn't need KOTR to be any bigger, Kofi would be another good pick but I think WWE will do a swerve with someone like Smith winning it and going solo.

On a sidenote, I find it interesting how so many people are saying that WWE should bring the King of the Ring back as a pay-per-view. I too share this view. It makes you wonder why they ever did away with the concept in the first place.

Now, on to who I think should win. Probably no one will agree with this choice, but I would love to see Goldust elevated through the King of the Ring. He could then eventually move to Smackdown where he could even feud with Kane. Outlandish as it may sound, Goldust has proven in the past that he can put on main event caliber matches. Look no further than his 1996 feud with The Undertaker. The guy is so darn entertaining that it is a shame he does not receive a bigger push. He is one of most underused talents in the company.

That being said, I believe Alberto Del Rio will be the winner. Miz has his MITB contract. Swagger has already been a World Champion. Same with CM Punk. Del Rio's needs something to help elevate him, so winning the King of the Ring just seems logical.

Personally, I'm hoping the King of the Ring this year goes to someone who can fully use its potential. Someone that wins legit (or if they're a heel, they at least win clean up until the final match and then they cheat to win, upsetting a face that everyone wants to win). I sure as fuck don't want it to be like it was last time. That was a disgrace, having Regal beat Hornswoggle and whatnot to win and then not even use the KOTR win for anything.

They can't make the mistake of giving it to someone that doesn't need it. That's just a waste. Now, they can have one of those people in the main event, but they need to lose to someone that could make use of it. Thus, eliminate all main eventers. This means no John Cena, Randy Orton, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, HHH, CM Punk, Kane, Rey Mysterio, Big Show...

Then, let's look at the people that don't need it because it won't amount to anything quite yet, and it'd be pushing them too far, too fast. A prime example of this is Kaval. Another is Alex Riley. I like them both, but its too soon.

Daniel Bryan doesn't need it. He's the US champ. The same applies for Dolph Ziggler being the Intercontinental champ. Now, if Ziggler drops the title to MVP, then I'd DEFINITELY put him in the list of the people that should be considered. We'll get back to that.

The Miz doesn't need it. He's Mr. Money in the Bank and will hopefully be the WWE champ sometime soon.

Mark Henry and R-Truth don't need it. They're about the peak they can get.

No Nexus members need it. Neither does Alberto Del Rio when he's doing fine on his own and it would be redundant to have the whole "rich and royal blood" guy become a king. Why waste it?

This brings me to the TEN SUSPECTS:

1) Ezekiel Jackson - What better way to bring him back in full force than to have him steamroll through a tournament and win?

2. John Morrison - Isn't fighting for a title, could definitely use the push, and I'd like to see him boosted into the upper midcard in some sort of solid way, rather than fluctuating like he does. I don't EXPECT them to give it to Morrison, but he's definitely a contender.

3. Ted DiBiase - A little bit redundant, I'll admit, but not as bad as if it were Del Rio...especially since DiBiase needs a jolt to reinvigorate his career.

4. Zack Ryder - Hear me out. Do I think he has a shot? No way. But the guy has so much unused potential, I have to put him in here, if not just because I'd love to see it happen. They're using him as a jobber but he really could be IC/US level if they just put the slightest bit of effort into letting him win a few matches and get on the mic a few times.

5. Cody Rhodes - The dashing thing is ridiculous and will never catapult him to stardom. King Cody Rhodes has a nice sound to it.

6. Dolph Ziggler - Like I mentioned earlier, if Ziggler drops the IC title to MVP, then he should be a major contender for this. He's been GREAT as of late and damn sure shouldn't be downgraded for his efforts.

7. MVP - Likewise conditional with the above. If MVP fails to win the IC title, then maybe he'd be in line for using the KOTR as a push instead.

8. Drew McIntyre - I'm not the guy's biggest supporter, but I could see it happening. He has nothing going for him right now.

9. Jack Swagger - Definitely would like to see that happen. But then again, I also want to see him turn face, and the king persona doesn't help that at all.

10. Kofi Kingston - King Kingston lol. Again, he's not doing anything, but he's important enough to be thrown on this list as a major contender, similar to Morrison.

Who do I expect to win? Probably Ezekiel Jackson. Who do I want to win? Either John Morrison or Jack Swagger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back