Report/Rumor: Paige Allegedly Threatened With Termination?

See, now, this is where the mainstream media's hypocrisy begins.

The Rock is allowed to come onto WWE, say whatever non-PG stuff he likes (some of his stuff is borderline sexist and homophobic), and the mainstream media don't go after him, because they want him to still appear on their talk shows and interviews. So they blame WWE instead for what comes out of movie star Dwayne Johnson's mouth when he is in WWE, even if it is calling a woman a "****".

So, because a movie star says it, it is okay. But the mainstream media will go after WWE for the slightest thing.

If I were Vince, I would get my buddy, President Trump (if he wins) to further regulate the media industry if they continue to besmirch WWE.

"regulate the media" so you're in favor of doing away with the 1st amendment then? How very unpatriotic of you.

Don't like the media and the freedom they have, I suggest leaving the country

not to go off topic her but has far as the whole Lana/rusev thing. WWE had big plans for her because she was so over with the crowd, sure the ziggler, lana vs rusev & summer rae angle wasn't the best and for some of us even horrible, but their was a big segment of the crowd that wanted to see this storyline end and see lana finally break on her own after getting revenge and summer rae, but by showing that picture on twitter during the angle ruin her big push and pretty much went back to square one.

As for the rock stuff, pretty much everybody knows by now that WWE doesn'T control the rock and what he says in the ring, all the do is tell him who's he'S working with and rock cuts a promo on them. Vince as been made about this a million time before because rock is always going too long and some of the stuff he says do fit the pg era but he can'T do anything about it because rock isn't under contract with WWE as he paid on a per apparence deal. So the whole humiliating lana segment was all rock idea and had nothing to do with vince or creative, that how rock works and if you don't believe me, just go watch some of his best promos with other women's during the attitude era, they're pretty much the same thing.

So the point of all this is simple, if a relationship affect the plans of wwe or could tarnish their image, WWE will try to do something about and the guilty party will get punish, that's pretty much how any entertainment company works, at the end, it'S all about the company image.

It didn't ruin her push though? She was already being pushed to the moon as Rusev's handler. They ruined her push by punishing her over something in her life that was important. The picture didn't shock the world. No one sat there and thought "BUT I THOUGHT SHE WAS WITH ZIGGLER!"
Lana didn't bring that angle to an end. The WWE did.

I know how the Rock works. And so does the WWE. My point was, you can't use "The family friendly company" argument with Paige and Del Rio if the company intentionally feeds their other women to guys like the Rock. Which they did do. The Rock wasn't out of control. That's what the segment was suppose to be. Even if the Rock improvised his lines, the segment was still about him trashing Lana in a non-family friendly way. It's hypocritical.
But apparently, no matter how many times I say that, and deconstruct why it's hypocritical and why it's not just the Rock's fault, everyone seems to miss it. It's Lana's fault she was made out to be a **** on TV. Or the Rocks. Never creative. They were, apparently, totally innocent. They would NEVER degrade their female employees over something petty. Except all those times they've degraded their female employees over something petty.

It didn't ruin her push though? She was already being pushed to the moon as Rusev's handler. They ruined her push by punishing her over something in her life that was important. The picture didn't shock the world. No one sat there and thought "BUT I THOUGHT SHE WAS WITH ZIGGLER!"

I know how the Rock works. And so does the WWE. My point was, you can't use "The family friendly company" argument with Paige and Del Rio if the company intentionally feeds their other women to guys like the Rock. Which they did do. The Rock wasn't out of control. That's what the segment was suppose to be. Even if the Rock improvised his lines, the segment was still about him trashing Lana in a non-family friendly way. It's hypocritical.
But apparently, no matter how many times I say that, and deconstruct why it's hypocritical and why it's not just the Rock's fault, everyone seems to miss it. It's Lana's fault she was made out to be a **** on TV. Or the Rocks. Never creative. They were, apparently, totally innocent. They would NEVER degrade their female employees over something petty. Except all those times they've degraded their female employees over something petty.

For the 10th time, it's Lana's fault. Don't tweet out the photo, don't ruin a storyline, don't mix private/personal life with work life and The Rock and WWE don't air that segment. Period. End of story.

Don't like it? Too bad. Move on. That is to both you and Lana. If you are so hung up over it as you clearly are I strongly suggest seeking mental help.

As for Lana, if she is unhappy with the treatment, she can find another job... another job which, by the way, probably would be worse than WWE is about inter-office/workplace relationships.

you're so hung up on being right that you do see what we're trying to say here. Lana was super over when she was rusev's handler. So much so that it was hurting rusev's career so they decided to split them up and give her a single push and a actual feud with another women, the execution wasn't great I will give that bt she was still super over with the live crowd. She screwed up and the fans that we're behind her realise that and left her so wwe put her back with rusev because they we're forced too and look what happenned now, she pretty much we're she was a year ago, an afterthought manager,

the rock did his job which was to cut a promo on lana and rusev. He did the same thing that he would have done to any other superstars with his promo, that's what the rock does. He humiliated other superstars. If you don't get that by now you're arent a wrestling fan.

as for the paige del rio thing. I don't get why so many people are getting upset over a rumor that was started by 2 guy doing a podcast on mlw radio. Really is are life so meaningless that we have to this crap over. For all I know, it might just been an angle for total divas or even better something that msl and sullivan created to get themselves and their podcast over. We will never know what right and what's not because nobody involve in this rumor will talk. So let's just move on already from this.

For the 10th time, it's Lana's fault. Don't tweet out the photo, don't ruin a storyline, don't mix private/personal life with work life and The Rock and WWE don't air that segment. Period. End of story.

Don't like it? Too bad. Move on. That is to both you and Lana. If you are so hung up over it as you clearly are I strongly suggest seeking mental help.

As for Lana, if she is unhappy with the treatment, she can find another job... another job which, by the way, probably would be worse than WWE is about inter-office/workplace relationships.
Did you ever think that maybe that storyline made a real-life couple VERY uncomfortable? Look, if you ANY knowledge of wrestling history, marriages and relationships have been destroyed over storylines. Never knew that? Let me arrange a dinner for you with Kevin Sullivan and Matt Hardy. You think those two need help or another career? A Storyline DESTROYED their marriage and relationship with their women. (Sullivan was married to Woman, the future, and late Nancy Benoit. Matt was with Lita. That incident also ended Edge's marriage). A man is still a man, regardless of what you are saying. I mean, where does (4th wall) Miroslav Barnyashev end and Rusev begin? I can bet you he was EXTREMELY uncomfortable with this whole storyline. He even looked it when he was in those segments. I will go even further and say that it was Rusev and not Lana who sent and tweeted the pics with Lana. Look, CJ Parker (Lana) is a professional performer by trade. She understands the performance business. Barnyashev (Rusev) is the athlete. He is STILL learning how Hollywood runs.

Now, to right the train on this long, derailed thread: This has more to do with shielding people from the Chernobyl that is ADR's divorce saga is becoming. IN THIS INSTANCE, WWE has EVERY right to protect their investments. Saraya-Jade Bevis (Paige) is one of those they are invested in.

you're so hung up on being right that you do see what we're trying to say here. Lana was super over when she was rusev's handler. So much so that it was hurting rusev's career so they decided to split them up and give her a single push and a actual feud with another women, the execution wasn't great I will give that bt she was still super over with the live crowd. She screwed up and the fans that we're behind her realise that and left her so wwe put her back with rusev because they we're forced too and look what happenned now, she pretty much we're she was a year ago, an afterthought manager,

the rock did his job which was to cut a promo on lana and rusev. He did the same thing that he would have done to any other superstars with his promo, that's what the rock does. He humiliated other superstars. If you don't get that by now you're arent a wrestling fan.

as for the paige del rio thing. I don't get why so many people are getting upset over a rumor that was started by 2 guy doing a podcast on mlw radio. Really is are life so meaningless that we have to this crap over. For all I know, it might just been an angle for total divas or even better something that msl and sullivan created to get themselves and their podcast over. We will never know what right and what's not because nobody involve in this rumor will talk. So let's just move on already from this.

Bray Wyatt tweets about charity, completely killing his character. Kayfabe is dead. But you're both throwing that out the window in this argument. It's not about being right. It's about highlighting something really fucked up, that you are both just giving a pass, one of you saying she outright deserved. And that's pathetic. In any other work environment this crap would be unacceptable. And the best you guys can do is say she got what was coming to her and Hey, that's just how the Rock is. 2001 Rock isn't family friendly, I'm sorry to say. He just isn't. And that's the whole reason this argument got started. Someone said Paige and Del Rio were hurting the company's family friendly image. And that's a bullshit thing to say when you have Lana getting completely trashed. All for posting a picture of one of the happiest moments of her life.

And you're arguing with yourself when you say she was just another after thought manager before the Ziggler angle. Either she was really over, or she was an afterthought. Can't be both.

Bray Wyatt tweets about charity, completely killing his character. Kayfabe is dead. But you're both throwing that out the window in this argument. It's not about being right. It's about highlighting something really fucked up, that you are both just giving a pass, one of you saying she outright deserved. And that's pathetic. In any other work environment this crap would be unacceptable. And the best you guys can do is say she got what was coming to her and Hey, that's just how the Rock is. 2001 Rock isn't family friendly, I'm sorry to say. He just isn't. And that's the whole reason this argument got started. Someone said Paige and Del Rio were hurting the company's family friendly image. And that's a bullshit thing to say when you have Lana getting completely trashed. All for posting a picture of one of the happiest moments of her life.

And you're arguing with yourself when you say she was just another after thought manager before the Ziggler angle. Either she was really over, or she was an afterthought. Can't be both.

i for one never talked about keyfabe, it sad to say but i know that keyfabe his dead. What i'm talking about is screwing plan that we'Re in motion for somebody (in this case Lana) because she didn'T think and just posted a picture of her engagement to rusev when on tv, she was playing somebody that hated rusev. If the same incident would have happen after the whole angle ended, it wouldn'T have been a big deal but she's screwed up the plans and all the hard work that the creative team had put into making her the top babyface in the division. That'S why she got punish and in case you didn't know, even if keyfabe it'S dead, the one rule of wrestling is don't screw up the plan of the creative team and in case you forgot about that incident, rusev got punish just as hard as lana did for that incident, so stop trying to see stuff that aren't their.

If you read my last reply, i said that before the twitter incident she was the most over diva on the roster and they wanted to push her to the moon, but when she screwed up, the fans stop caring about her and she became an afterthought. That's all i'm saying about this situation.

Finally, i've been wondering something, just by the way you are reacting to the way we reply to you, how long i've you been watching wrestling exactly because let face it, if it was a long time, you would not be that offended by the way a wrestling company like WWE threats their performer and you would be able to make the difference between the wrestling business and the rest of the world. I'm not condoning the way the business is because i don't think that it's right that they are doing that but that's how the business work and it's been that way since the whole thing started being showbizz instead of a sport.

Did you ever think that maybe that storyline made a real-life couple VERY uncomfortable? Look, if you ANY knowledge of wrestling history, marriages and relationships have been destroyed over storylines. Never knew that? Let me arrange a dinner for you with Kevin Sullivan and Matt Hardy. You think those two need help or another career? A Storyline DESTROYED their marriage and relationship with their women. (Sullivan was married to Woman, the future, and late Nancy Benoit. Matt was with Lita. That incident also ended Edge's marriage). A man is still a man, regardless of what you are saying. I mean, where does (4th wall) Miroslav Barnyashev end and Rusev begin? I can bet you he was EXTREMELY uncomfortable with this whole storyline. He even looked it when he was in those segments. I will go even further and say that it was Rusev and not Lana who sent and tweeted the pics with Lana. Look, CJ Parker (Lana) is a professional performer by trade. She understands the performance business. Barnyashev (Rusev) is the athlete. He is STILL learning how Hollywood runs.

Now, to right the train on this long, derailed thread: This has more to do with shielding people from the Chernobyl that is ADR's divorce saga is becoming. IN THIS INSTANCE, WWE has EVERY right to protect their investments. Saraya-Jade Bevis (Paige) is one of those they are invested in.

That's fine, if it made them feel uncomfortable then handle it professionally and go in and talk to someone and ask them to stop the storyline. Don't blindside your employer by posting a photo on social media that ruins the storyline entirely and surprises them. That's the definition of being a bad employee.

Tweeting about doing work for CHARITY is GOOD for any company. in what planet are you on where charity work is the same as a workplace relationship??? One is something that is great to do and encouraged by employers. The other is something that, in a best case scenario, is frowned upon by employers.

I can't even believe you don't see a difference between the two.

That's fine, if it made them feel uncomfortable then handle it professionally and go in and talk to someone and ask them to stop the storyline. Don't blindside your employer by posting a photo on social media that ruins the storyline entirely and surprises them. That's the definition of being a bad employee.

How are they bad employees? Everyone who follows wrestling knew they were a couple, and everyone knew that they would probably end up getting married. I just don't see that one single photo is enough to cause all this shit.

When you watch shows like Total Diva's and see Nattie out having dinner with Naomi, Tamina and others, that doesn't ruin a storyline. They are or were supposed to be sworn enemies. Or watch Cesaro, Owens and Ambrose, on Table for 3, again sworn enemies talking and laughing about the old days. That doesn't make you think twice when you see them in the ring trashing each other in promo's.

I think most fans are intelligent enough to know that these are real people who play characters in this business. They have wives, husbands, kids and probably try to live as normal a life as they can under the circumstances. If getting upset over the fact that Rusev and Lana got engaged in real life ruined it for some, maybe it's time for those people to take a step back.

How are they bad employees? Everyone who follows wrestling knew they were a couple, and everyone knew that they would probably end up getting married. I just don't see that one single photo is enough to cause all this shit.

When you watch shows like Total Diva's and see Nattie out having dinner with Naomi, Tamina and others, that doesn't ruin a storyline. They are or were supposed to be sworn enemies. Or watch Cesaro, Owens and Ambrose, on Table for 3, again sworn enemies talking and laughing about the old days. That doesn't make you think twice when you see them in the ring trashing each other in promo's.

I think most fans are intelligent enough to know that these are real people who play characters in this business. They have wives, husbands, kids and probably try to live as normal a life as they can under the circumstances. If getting upset over the fact that Rusev and Lana got engaged in real life ruined it for some, maybe it's time for those people to take a step back.

but not everybody follows total divas or watch the wwe network to watch those original programming. To say that is to generalize the issue. Personally back then, if she didn't hd posted that picture on twitter, I really had no clue that they we're a real life couple because I wasn't following their personal life so it took me by surprise when this picture was all over the internet and I'm pretty sure that I wasn't the only one that didn't know this aspect of their live.

Like I wrote before, she was playing a character on tv that was mad at rusev. The whole thing was that she was tired of being mistreated by rusev and wanted her own life and then she posted that picture on twitter and the whole story that was playing on tv was scrapped.

This is like if an actress would start filming a movie, the production would be way underway for 2 or 3 weeks, then suddenly, something happens in her personnal life and go to the director and says, I won't do that part the way you wanted anymore and decided by herself to change the story. That exactly what happens here. Unless, it something that airs on the network or total divas, the wrestlers personal lifes shouldn't interfere with the on-air personna and storyline, that the unwritten rule of sports entertainment.

By the way I don't get how this thread went from paige & del rio to lana & rusv so quickly?

but not everybody follows total divas or watch the wwe network to watch those original programming. To say that is to generalize the issue. Personally back then, if she didn't hd posted that picture on twitter, I really had no clue that they we're a real life couple because I wasn't following their personal life so it took me by surprise when this picture was all over the internet and I'm pretty sure that I wasn't the only one that didn't know this aspect of their live.

But don't you see, even someone like me who doesn't watch Total Diva's, well one episode, knew they were a real life couple. All you have to do is follow the stories on the main page here and you would have seen pictures of their house in Nashville. Yes they did a story about that as well. And who cares if they are a real life couple anyway, I just don't see how that takes away from their on screen characters.

I mean shit I know Johnny Depp is married and has kids, and that he isn't a pirate in the Caribbean somewhere. Or that he is running around being chased by a headless horseman in Sleepy Hollow, it doesn't make his movies less enjoyable.

Like I wrote before, she was playing a character on tv that was mad at rusev. The whole thing was that she was tired of being mistreated by rusev and wanted her own life and then she posted that picture on twitter and the whole story that was playing on tv was scrapped.

Exactly she was playing a character, that is the crux of this.

This is like if an actress would start filming a movie, the production would be way underway for 2 or 3 weeks, then suddenly, something happens in her personnal life and go to the director and says, I won't do that part the way you wanted anymore and decided by herself to change the story. That exactly what happens here. Unless, it something that airs on the network or total divas, the wrestlers personal lifes shouldn't interfere with the on-air personna and storyline, that the unwritten rule of sports entertainment.

Actor's and actresses are hired to play a part. If they decide that after they are hired, then they have the option or the movie company has the option of getting someone new. An actress can't go in front of a camera and do what she wants. Your whole comparison makes no sense. That is not what happened here, Lana was still playing her part, just some fans are now upset about it. Don't know why really.

By the way I don't get how this thread went from paige & del rio to lana & rusv so quickly?

I think it was because of the fact that the WWE picks and chooses what relationships they will or won't meddle with. There have been rumours of Paige being fired, which is hypocrisy at the highest level. When you consider how many wrestlers are seeing each other to single out Paige and Lana and Rusev to punish is ridiculous.

"regulate the media" so you're in favor of doing away with the 1st amendment then? How very unpatriotic of you.

Don't like the media and the freedom they have, I suggest leaving the country

Did you see what happened with the Times in England, when journos went beyond their ethics?

The media have responsibility to tell the truth, and what they tell us can be based on fact. You can't them just report anything, for the sake of it.

Regulation is needed, to make sure that the media and others do their job most responsibly.

You say, "freedom of speech". Okay then, does that mean that you support racist, sexist and homophobic comments, if there is unfettered "free speech"? Also, do you support hate speeches which advocate terrorism? If you support free speech, then you have to allow it in EVERY situation.

Also, there isn't even free speech on this board, otherwise I wouldn't get modded.

I think it was because of the fact that the WWE picks and chooses what relationships they will or won't meddle with. There have been rumours of Paige being fired, which is hypocrisy at the highest level. When you consider how many wrestlers are seeing each other to single out Paige and Lana and Rusev to punish is ridiculous.

But, let agree to disagree on the whole thing, the lana thing, I totally understand why they got punish, the put so much time and effort into this lame storyline and while the hardcore fans that read everything on wrestling site knew about the their relansionship, their was alot of people that didn't know about it and it did ruin the whole story that was happening on tv and it affected the career of ziggler and summer rae who was also involve in the story. They had to rewrite everything because her real life was going in the complete different direction as their tv relationship, if this would have happenned after the story ended, they wouldn't have made such a big deal about it.

as for paige and del rio, who know really If this story is right or not. For me I wouldn't be surprise if this was just an angle for total divas or even worst just a rumor started by msl and sullivan to get more fans to listen to their podcast because let face it, kevin sullivan and msl are known to be guys that start rumors just for the sake of it. Anyway, the only way we are going to know the truth is if carano, del rio or paige actually talk about this and I really doubt they ever will.

Did you see what happened with the Times in England, when journos went beyond their ethics?

The media have responsibility to tell the truth, and what they tell us can be based on fact. You can't them just report anything, for the sake of it.

Regulation is needed, to make sure that the media and others do their job most responsibly.

You say, "freedom of speech". Okay then, does that mean that you support racist, sexist and homophobic comments, if there is unfettered "free speech"? Also, do you support hate speeches which advocate terrorism? If you support free speech, then you have to allow it in EVERY situation.

Also, there isn't even free speech on this board, otherwise I wouldn't get modded.

You are clearly in way way way over your head here because your meddling in two different parts of the amendment... free speech and freedom of the press are 2 completely different things.

When you figure out the difference, let me know.

OK let me try to dumb it down for you since you're having trouble understanding this...

eliminate the audience from the equation entirely... by posting 1 photo she completely ruined a storyline that WWE wanted and their writers had been working on for a while... that's a bad employee and in many companies, doing something that impacts the product, especially the hard work of others, through social media... leads to termination.

Whether fans care about her real life and how that impacted the storyline or not is pretty irrelevant. The company that employs her and pays her clearly did not want her to post such a photo and she did anyways. Bad employee any way you want to slice it.

On a side note, almost all WWE superstars have personal and private social media accounts they use to communicate with personal friends and family to keep them out of the public spotlight. She could have easily made the announcement and sent the photo out on that if it was so important to do so in that manner.

The latest bit of news, gossip or what have you is that Paige's future with WWE is up in the air, according to Dave Meltzer. Meltzer is also reporting that WWE has denied the story about the harassment of Paige & Del Rio and that she was threatened with termination. There's word going around now that Del Rio called Carrano on the subject but that he "went silent" during the conversation. Finally, Meltzer is reporting that Paige has hired legal representation, so this could be turning it a little bit oa shitstorm for WWE.

Paige is under contract with WWE until 2019 and the legal representation could be anything from Paige wanting to get out of her contract so she can leave WWE to suing WWE over these harassment claims to securing her release while forcing WWE to pay the remaining amount of her contract in a lump sum, etc.

You are clearly in way way way over your head here because your meddling in two different parts of the amendment... free speech and freedom of the press are 2 completely different things.

When you figure out the difference, let me know.

You are the one asking if I want them get rid of the "first admendment" when I said that Trump should regulate the media.

The First Admendment is "freedom of speech", and you brought it up in reference to the media.

Looks like you got a little mixed up too. Fool!

You are the one asking if I want them get rid of the "first admendment" when I said that Trump should regulate the media.

The First Admendment is "freedom of speech", and you brought it up in reference to the media.

Looks like you got a little mixed up too. Fool!

Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

The first amendment covers a variety of freedoms, among them are freedom of speech and freedom of the press... 2 entirely different things. When I pushed you on your stance of 1 you changed the subject to another.

Since you apparently didn't pay attention in school, here you go:

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble, or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

The first amendment covers a variety of freedoms, among them are freedom of speech and freedom of the press... 2 entirely different things. When I pushed you on your stance of 1 you changed the subject to another.

Since you apparently didn't pay attention in school, here you go:

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble, or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

Just to let you know. You are working under the assumption that d_henderson1810 is American. I don't believe he is. Actually he has said in the past that he lives in Australia, and I have no idea why he isn't making you aware of that fact.

Just to let you know. You are working under the assumption that d_henderson1810 is American. I don't believe he is. Actually he has said in the past that he lives in Australia, and I have no idea why he isn't making you aware of that fact.

ahh thanks, that makes much more sense now....

he should probably keep quiet about American laws, politics and our amendments then since he clearly has no idea what he is talking about...

I think that's a problem in this age of internet... everyone has too much false pride... I'd never get into a conversation about Australian (or any other countries laws and politics because I know I don't understand them enough or get them fully)...

ahh thanks, that makes much more sense now....

he should probably keep quiet about American laws, politics and our amendments then since he clearly has no idea what he is talking about...

I think that's a problem in this age of internet... everyone has too much false pride... I'd never get into a conversation about Australian (or any other countries laws and politics because I know I don't understand them enough or get them fully)...

Obviously MERPER, you don't pay enough attention, because someone else was able to point out that I am, in fact, Australian, and yet you were ignorant of the fact.

No matter what the Bill Of Rights says, are you telling me that the media should be unrestricted, and not have any boundaries whatsoever when it pertains to doing their job.

For example, does "Freedom Of The Press" override the laws on libel and slander? Are the press free to say what they like, about who they like, when they like, or are there professional ethics and restrictions that they must follow?

So, you have a go at my ignorance, yet American media and politicians criticise wrestling all the time, and many have never watched it.

(What about the ignorance of the female politician who wanted Al Snow action figures banned, because he comes with a severed woman's head, which promotes domestic violence and murder (I'm not making this up), yet if she watched one second of an Al Snow match, she would see that it is a mannequin's head).

Also, no matter what, what gives Vince the right to fire talent for their personal lives? How can you support that?

If it is unpatriotic to want to change the first amendment, then were the people who initial made the amendment considered unpatriotic by amending the Constitution? After all, they were AMENDING it. Just saying...

Also, I can't remember who it was that patronised Navi by saying, let me make this simple for you', but please let ME make it simple for YOU: WWE superstars are ACTORS so real-life relationships should have absolutely no bearing on what happens on tv, whether it be Lana/Rusev/Ziggler or Paige/del Rio UNLESS it brings the company into disrepute in any way. Tweeting about engagement does not do that.

Randy Savage and Elizabeth publicly got divorced in 1992; it was even written about in WWE Magazine to explain her disappearance from WWE tv (ironically just weeks after the 'doctored photo' storyline with Ric Flair); yet just a couple of years later, they are together again on tv in WCW. Why? BECAUSE WRESTLING SHOWS AND REALITY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!

Put it like this: let's take the movie Thor as an example. The good guy (Chris Hemsworth) and bad guy (Tom Hiddlesrone) did TONS of promotional work together. Yet did anyone thing, "well I'm not going to see the movie, they obviously get on in real life" or did the production company think, "oh no, that totally ruins the mystique of our film, no one will believe it now!"? Of course not. So WHY is wrestling treated any differently. It's something I really have never understood. It's probably why, still, at the age of 33, I have people continue to say to me, "you know it's not real, right?" I work in a theatre!! My business is selling that which is not real. But for some reason, wrestling still sparks this needless debate.

I am gonna assume that this story is true which is a maybe situation.

If it's true then I am on Paige's side. WWE doesn't have the right to threat their employees based on what the employees do in their real life. No employer has such disgusting right to stoop down to threatening their employees.

If it's true, then WWE should pay the price for such a wrong action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back